How to snap out of laziness

hopeville

Oct 22, 2013
✟7,648.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
What advice can you give to someone who is lazy and never feels like doing anything constructive. Waking up is a problem and they just want to do leisure activities all day long.They also rarely stick to their decisions (lack of discipline).

N/B They really love God and they read the Bible and pray. However they are lazy in all other activities of life.
Please advice.

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think if a person really loves God, then God's love will keep that person busy . . . with prayer and the Bible, yes, and with doing good to love people, while sharing with Christian brothers and sisters.

There is a lot in the Bible about how to relate with one another, including "submitting to one another in the fear of God." (Ephesians 5:21) And "Do all things without complaining and disputing," (Philippians 2:14) And, if the person is reading the Bible, there is more that also should get him or her interested in sharing with and helping other Christians.

You might get the person into some activities where loving is involved, in Christian prayer and Bible group activities and serving the needy in a soup kitchen or nursing home or visiting . . . but with others who have been doing this and who are sound in love, good examples who can feed the person how to love > "nor as being lords over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock." (1 Peter 5:3)

Upvote 0

Stone Butterfly

Aug 18, 2013
Godly spirit having a human experience
✟852.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
What advice can you give to someone who is lazy and never feels like doing anything constructive. Waking up is a problem and they just want to do leisure activities all day long.They also rarely stick to their decisions (lack of discipline).

N/B They really love God and they read the Bible and pray. However they are lazy in all other activities of life.
Please advice.
Sounds like oxygen deprivation. Breathing and knowing how to breathe is imperative to good health. Not smoking is too of course. If you live in a big city where smog is a factor this can also impair breathing because the toxins in the air suffocate the oxygen molecules in the lungs.

:clap:I love this guy: The Art and Science of Breathing - Dr.Andrew Weil. (A medical doctor who incorporates natural healing modalities for a holistic treatment system)

That combined with pharmaceutical grade SAMe, great for immune health and depression, which can be due to poor diet and bad breathing habits, and you could note you're a whole new person. Pharmaceutical grade supplements are the superior supplement.

Praying for better days for you. :prayer:

Upvote 0
Oct 7, 2005
✟2,829.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Laziness can be a totally different meaning where relaxation + wealth = oasis of pleasure in leisure, such as playing golf all day, taking a ship cruise or flying overseas - in fact it's always on my mind what's it like to be a millionaire:.
But when we are born in a poor or middle class family, which most of world is if you imagine a triangle with three levels: the top being the high class where earnings are more than 50,000 a year, the middle row being the middle class between 20,000 and 50,000, then the bottom row which is the widest below 20,000 per year - money doesn't grow on trees so you we need to challenge our minds and bodies to the limit in whatever job we choose, especially where your health and safety rules are concerned because accidents can happen if you follow the time-squeezing deadline of a delivery or job assignment:.
Emailing to your boss about your positive and negative experiences and how you deal those negative experiences by creating your own intelligent quick-system ideas can create this "you are unfire-able" decision habit to your boss's subconscious mind:.
Try walking and delivering 2000 local newspapers in three days, that's nearly 700 a day or seven hours at 100 houses per hour by yourself as I have done for several years as a walker for leaflets and a home product magazine 2000 of them at the moment .;'*';.
:liturgy:

Upvote 0

Pal Handy

Irregular Member
Jun 15, 2011
Southeast Michigan
✟20,508.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Please advice.
Sounds like depression.
Is this person out of work?
Does this person have any goals or are they stagnant and drifting through life.
Is there stress in this person's life or a feeling of hopelessness?
Does this person have a low paying, hard work type of job?

Depression will often cause a person to become apathetic and listless
and they will try to fill the void with activities that take their mind
off of their troubles at the expense of many of the things they need to do
to move forward and improve their situation.

Upvote 0

forGod1

Jul 29, 2010
Saskatchewan, Canada
✟9,232.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Please advice.

i need help here too

Upvote 0

TravelerFarAwayFromHome

Broken but loved
Jan 16, 2013
✟27,939.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Please advice.

hi firstly, don't condemn yourself

also I think it is better to find out why you have this issue, in another word, what are behind them rather than getting frustrated with yourself and beat yourself up :)

lastly, like the other poster pointed out, it could be biological, if that is the case, what you may need is medical help.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kristen.NewCreation

Jul 11, 2007
Visit site
✟303,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think the question of is it that they want to be lazy, or is there something else going on. I agree that the issue of depression could be an issue. Or maybe there is something physical going on, like pain or stress or poor coping skills, or perhaps a number of other things.

Setting small goals that are attainable might be something to consider.
Talking with a physician or counselor to help identify the underlying issues could be beneficial.

Upvote 0

Serendipity..

sǝɹǝupıdıʇʎ
May 23, 2011
✟8,715.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We only have a limited number of hours of our life.
Imagine you had to account to God as if he was your employer what you did with your hours. I think self indulgence and laziness is really low on his desirable list of thing a christian should be doing but diligence is high and desirable. In your spare time read up the book of proverbs on this.

Upvote 0

hopeville

Oct 22, 2013
✟7,648.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Sounds like depression.
Is this person out of work?
Does this person have any goals or are they stagnant and drifting through life.
Is there stress in this person's life or a feeling of hopelessness?
Does this person have a low paying, hard work type of job?

Depression will often cause a person to become apathetic and listless
and they will try to fill the void with activities that take their mind
off of their troubles at the expense of many of the things they need to do
to move forward and improve their situation.
Yeah, i'm actually out of work, since June.

Upvote 0

hopeville

Oct 22, 2013
✟7,648.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Imagine you had to account to God as if he was your employer what you did with your hours. I think self indulgence and laziness is really low on his desirable list of thing a christian should be doing but diligence is high and desirable. In your spare time read up the book of proverbs on this.
I will meditate on those verses. Thanks for reminding me.

Upvote 0

Pal Handy

Irregular Member
Jun 15, 2011
Southeast Michigan
✟20,508.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, i'm actually out of work, since June.
Take this time in your life to pursue the Lord.

Get with others who are looking for more of God in their
lives and have a Bible study/prayer meeting.

Get involved helping others at local soup kitchens or homeless shelters.

Pray and ask God for His direction in your life.

Pray and ask God to take away the fear , depression and doubts and to
cause you to grow during this time of being out of work.

Pray and ask God to give you another job that will meet your needs
and give you opportunities to share your faith with others.

Hope this helps..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

QueSeraSera

Training Wheels
Oct 7, 2013
In a good place
✟16,716.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I will meditate on those verses. Thanks for reminding me.

I sounds silly but since you have time on your hands ? Walk. Even if you don't feel like it . Don't worry how you look .(just wear sunglasses and a sweat suit nobody cares)

Do it for 30 minutes twice a day .Don't sluggishly walk but you don't have to jog either just in between those two .You will get a little sunshine and keep the endorphin's coming in .Its no "cure " but can stave off falling into a pit .

And see a doctor .:)

Upvote 0

jsimms615

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2006
✟143,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

good advice.

We do have a limited number of hours and we never know how many. Just because you are young doesn't mean you will live a long life. Life can change in a moment.

Upvote 0