UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My experience is this: the first and true step is to seek with all sincerity. Not to reaffirm what you believe, or, have been taught: but in sincerity only wanting to know the truth, and to get right understanding. To thirst after knowledge and wisdom and understanding like a dying man in the desert craves the water.

After that, I simply studied. And studied. And studied. And read. And read. And prayed. And prayed. And studied. The real understanding I believe will happen when you go beneath the surface. When you dive headlong into the depths. Most people will only ever stand at the edge of the ocean, seeing the waves and the surface: but then there are the intrepid few who will wade out into the surf, and plunge into the depths. That's where you find the oysters; that's where you find the pearl.

Go beyond translations; into original languages; compare spiritual with spiritual; perceiving the threads connecting all of the words and phrase; defining the symbols, and weaving that tapestry of truth. Here a little, there a little. Knock, knocking, knocking. Love of truth: that's the path. Zeal for understanding. Not zeal and love of what you've been told; but for that which is revealed. Change will be a constant companion; never be afraid to shake the foundations of your current understanding, so that only that which remains from the shaking will remain.

If the spirit of love and the spirit of dauntless seeking is in you; then pour through the scripture: learn it; know it; immerse yourself in it. Don't be dismayed if it seems a great task; it's no different than any other. People devote great amounts of time to so many things: but the one who devotes so much time to the scripture will be rewarded with that treasure that cannot be stolen, and which can never diminish, nor perish. It is the true treasure of treasures. And when you have understanding, people may asked you, "Would you trade the understanding given to you, for all of the gold and power in the world?" and you will laugh out loud like this : HA HA HA HA HA! Vanity! Dust and ashes! HA HA HA HA! and they will respond, "I take that as a; no."

Upvote 0

John Tholms

Dec 5, 2016
Alabama
✟10,036.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Reading the Bible is a start, but it will take an outside understanding as well. Take one of your favorite verses and write it on something artistic; preferably a New Testament verse. It may take a while for a reaction but ultimately you will be given a message "and strong messages at that".

You see my butterfly; her wing spread had to have been about five inches. I've never seen one this big; that's how subtle these messages start from. I've seen many messages throughout my life, and I've seen how colorful God can be.
sunset trees.JPG

Also; believe in my best advice, "He/She who seeks God will find God"...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

robbie bradshaw

Robbie Bradshaw
Sep 2, 2016
oswego ny
✟13,327.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My experience is this: the first and true step is to seek with all sincerity. Not to reaffirm what you believe, or, have been taught: but in sincerity only wanting to know the truth, and to get right understanding. To thirst after knowledge and wisdom and understanding like a dying man in the desert craves the water.

After that, I simply studied. And studied. And studied. And read. And read. And prayed. And prayed. And studied. The real understanding I believe will happen when you go beneath the surface. When you dive headlong into the depths. Most people will only ever stand at the edge of the ocean, seeing the waves and the surface: but then there are the intrepid few who will wade out into the surf, and plunge into the depths. That's where you find the oysters; that's where you find the pearl.

Go beyond translations; into original languages; compare spiritual with spiritual; perceiving the threads connecting all of the words and phrase; defining the symbols, and weaving that tapestry of truth. Here a little, there a little. Knock, knocking, knocking. Love of truth: that's the path. Zeal for understanding. Not zeal and love of what you've been told; but for that which is revealed. Change will be a constant companion; never be afraid to shake the foundations of your current understanding, so that only that which remains from the shaking will remain.

If the spirit of love and the spirit of dauntless seeking is in you; then pour through the scripture: learn it; know it; immerse yourself in it. Don't be dismayed if it seems a great task; it's no different than any other. People devote great amounts of time to so many things: but the one who devotes so much time to the scripture will be rewarded with that treasure that cannot be stolen, and which can never diminish, nor perish. It is the true treasure of treasures. And when you have understanding, people may asked you, "Would you trade the understanding given to you, for all of the gold and power in the world?" and you will laugh out loud like this : HA HA HA HA HA! Vanity! Dust and ashes! HA HA HA HA! and they will respond, "I take that as a; no."
thank you this helped ive spend time looking for the perfect answer to this to find out that i would find this is great

Upvote 0

robbie bradshaw

Robbie Bradshaw
Sep 2, 2016
oswego ny
✟13,327.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Reading the Bible is a start, but it will take an outside understanding as well. Take one of your favorite verses and write it on something artistic; preferably a New Testament verse. It may take a while for a reaction but ultimately you will be given a message "and strong messages at that".

You see my butterfly; her wing spread had to have been about five inches. I've never seen one this big; that's how subtle these messages start from. I've seen many messages throughout my life, and I've seen how colorful God can be.
View attachment 186869

Also; believe in my best advice, "He/She who seeks God will find God"...
im glad you can ive been in a slump with my teenage mind developing and i dont want to get into specifics but i have develped intrusive thoughts about god in my head that scare me and made me look at everything horribly thats why i asked the question because i know that this will help thank you

Upvote 0