• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

How to Rest?

Discussion in 'Daily Devotionals' started by Ash Cheum, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Ash Cheum

Ash Cheum New Member

+7
    Philippines
    Christian
    Married

How to Rest?

Philippians 4:6-7
    "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

God already knows our requests before we pray them; yet He will often wait for our participation through prayer before granting that which we request according to His will. The peace which God gives to every soul which rests on Him in prayer. This peace passeth all understanding; its calm blessedness transcends the reach of human thought; it can be known only by the inner experience of the believer.

Jeremiah 31:25 (MSG)
    “I’ll refresh tired bodies;
    I’ll restore tired souls.”

God promised abundance and satisfaction to the tired bodies. The soul filled with sorrow would be filled with hope and peace. Whenever our body and soul get tired, we only need to come and rest to the Father, and replenish us with new strength that only comes from Him.

Psalms 116:7
    “Return to your rest, my soul, for the Lord has been good to you.”

Return to that rest which Christ gives to the weary and heavy laden. Returning to rest is an act of confidence. Rest from the fear of temporal suffering and solicitude arising from the prospect of danger and trial. The soul was created to find its rest in God, it cannot find rest elsewhere.

Hebrews 4:10-11
    “for anyone who enters God’s rest also rests from their works, just as God did from his. Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will perish by following their example of disobedience.”

Man's rest begins when he enters into God's rest. Entering this rest means no longer needing to work for your righteousness. We cease from self-justifying works because Jesus finished the work on the cross. God does not force it upon us. We must enter that rest willingly.

Matthew 11:28-30
    “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

It's an invitation to all who need Him, and an unconditioned promise of welcome. The invitation for us is always open and personal. He doesn't drives us away, but His nature is always inviting us to come to Him. For He knows we are always tired and weary and He knows how to give our souls rest. There is still a yoke to bear and burden to carry in this world but He has assured us that they are easy and light with Him. So let us come to Jesus, our only rest.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?