small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I heard Bavi was the most powerful Typhoon to hit China at the same time Laura was said to be the most powerful hurricane to hit the US. But as we have been told by others "nothing to see here".

Do you have a point here?

Upvote 0

johneb

Aug 10, 2020
bend
✟17,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Canadian Arctic is experiencing much the same as is every other Arctic nation. The world is changing in real time right in front of our eyes and yet there are people who will still look you in the eyes and deny everything.
So what's causing this? that is the core question.

Upvote 0

johneb

Aug 10, 2020
bend
✟17,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I heard Bavi was the most powerful Typhoon to hit China at the same time Laura was said to be the most powerful hurricane to hit the US. But as we have been told by others "nothing to see here".
So you believe everything you hear from our fake news media? I have my doubts.

Upvote 0

johneb

Aug 10, 2020
bend
✟17,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How do you measure the strength of these storms? If a storm strikes where nobody lives will you hear about it? To understand this you must embrace the narrative. which is the beginning of untruth.
"at the same time Laura was said to be the most powerful hurricane to hit the US". Do you not see the flaw in this statement???

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟54,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you have a point here?
My point is that every event that is indicative of climate change whether it is the hottest year on record, or hottest month on record, or trillions a pounds of ice melting, or record breaking hurricanes, droughts, fires or floods I am also going to revisit the posts of those who claimed "nothing to see here".

Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married

There are natural factors, like sunspot activity or the precession of earth's polar axis, that give rise to heating and cooling cycles on earth. Collectively these are called Malenkov cycles and they act together in complex ways --- sometimes reinforcing and sometimes cancelling each other. Right now these cycles should not be producing the warming of the earth that is so obvious these last few decades. But if we add in the human factor, CO2 produced primarily by the burning of fossil fuels, we see the main cause. The answer to your core question is that humanity is the primary cause.

Upvote 0

johneb

Aug 10, 2020
bend
✟17,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But if we add in the human factor, CO2 produced primarily by the burning of fossil fuels, we see the main cause. The answer to your core question is that humanity is the primary cause.
All of the ice core samples show CO2 increases in the atmosphere lagging behind warming periods by hundreds of years, so it would seem CO2 is not a driver of warming periods.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,518.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
As far as Canada and Siberia go, Chinese soot plays a big part in the melt of ice. Ice melts/vapourizes at sub-zero temps when dark matter is added to the mix.

Upvote 0

johneb

Aug 10, 2020
bend
✟17,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,660.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Greetings to Finland, do you realize the climate on Earth has been changing since its beginning? I recall in the 1970's scientists were warning of another ice age.
Of course you recall this. Big oil has spent millions putting that lie into your head.

• Agree
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟54,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The climate has always been changing, in the 70's The Science warnerd we were heading into a ice age. The Vostock ice core samples along with many others for different Artic and Antartic regions have concluded that CO2 is not a climate driver CO2 levels rise after a temperature rise.
Thank goodness. Nothing to see here.

California sets a new record for acres burned and we are only halfway through the fire season.

121 degrees in LA county today.

Upvote 0

johneb

Aug 10, 2020
bend
✟17,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I lived in Redding CA in 1976-1979 It was a bad drought period at that time, Shasta lake was like a river. Of the three summers I was there it was common to see temps over a 110-115 F for a week or two, one summer it reached 120 F. I can't find that record now it has been adjusted to a lower temperature to make you think it's getting hotter now.
California and Oregon have been mismanaging their forests for twenty plus years trying to get get things more natural I guess, this mindset of forest management coupled with changes in fire suppression tactics has brought us to where we are now, not the climate.
I've been here in the northwest for 45 years and I know many in the USFS that will back up what I'm saying. I've been here and seen it with my own eye's GREEN IS THE NEW RED it started with the spotted owl.

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟54,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I lived in Redding CA in 1976-1979 It was a bad drought period at that time, Shasta lake was like a river. Of the three summers I was there it was common to see temps over a 110-115 F for a week or two, one summer it reached 120 F. I can't find that record now it has been adjusted to a lower temperature to make you think it's getting hotter now.
Yes, one suggestion I have heard to quickly solve global warming in the US would be to switch to the metric system.

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟54,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would recommend that people question government funded science and look for real science.
I realize that this looks like a repeat post with others I have posted, but they have all been different fires. This is a new fire in LA county, have not posted this before. As I understand it "real science" is when you have real observations to base your theory on. So posting these is simply real observations for us to base our theories on. Although it is true that a forest fire is not evidence of Climate change you need to realize that California is seeing a record breaking fire season so every single new fire is adding to that record, that is evidence of change.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟54,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
California and Oregon have been mismanaging their forests for twenty plus years trying to get get things more natural I guess, this mindset of forest management coupled with changes in fire suppression tactics has brought us to where we are now, not the climate.
So what we are seeing is not climate change but forest mismanagement. Time to fire the forest managers.

Upvote 0

johneb

Aug 10, 2020
bend
✟17,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So what we are seeing is not climate change but forest mismanagement. Time to fire the forest managers.

With the way things are these days it's hard to know what your hearing and seeing, as the media needs to add their slant. How did these fires start in California? Most of the fires in Oregon were caused by lighting.

Upvote 0

johneb

Aug 10, 2020
bend
✟17,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
With the way things are these days it's hard to know what your hearing and seeing, as the media needs to add their slant. How did these fires start in California? Most of the fires in Oregon were caused by lighting.
I should add this to that, we have anarchist burning our cities are they starting wildfires as well?

Upvote 0

johneb

Aug 10, 2020
bend
✟17,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
121 degrees in LA county today.
urban heat island
The temperature recording stations were placed miles from the cites years ago to keep the data from being effected from the UHI, now the cities have grown and these stations are being effected by the UHI.

Upvote 0