How to remain strong and faithful to God in the military?

Slash415

Oct 25, 2017
Nashville
✟9,530.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am planning on joining the Air Force. I would like to hear from those of you who have been in the military. What did you do to remain faithful to God in the midst of a lot of worldliness. I know in just about every job you will face a culture that does not honor God, but I feel like in the military it will be even more difficult.

Any words of advice will be appreciated!

PS In advance, thank you for your service.

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am planning on joining the Air Force. I would like to hear from those of you who have been in the military. What did you do to remain faithful to God in the midst of a lot of worldliness. I know in just about every job you will face a culture that does not honor God, but I feel like in the military it will be even more difficult.

Any words of advice will be appreciated!

PS In advance, thank you for your service.
Hey Slash and welcome to CF!

Interesting I just mailed out a letter to my best friends nephew who is in Army Basic Training right now. He's a Christian. I will share the letter with you in PM if ok with you. Let me know.

The brass tacks of the letter?

Ensure you have mapped out your church and fellowship once you know where you are going for training and where you are going for your first assignment. Your pastor can and will help with this. Ensure he does. In fact demand he does at least write you a letter letting a gaining church know where you are in your walk with Christ and your involvement in your church.

I am Evangelical and attend a Bible church. If this is your "flavor" too I can assist in finding you a Bible believing and Christ loving church. However, your pastor or elders are best geared for this.

So fellowship with Christians in a church is critical when you leave your home church. I speak from experience on this matter. If you are plugged in to fellow believers wherever you go, you have a support network centered on Christ and you have accountability.

Now don't take this the wrong way as we see a lot of "unchurched" believers in our country. If you are not plugged into a church now I recommend you do so now before joining the Air Force. Again any assistance I can provide in finding you a Christ centered Biblically sound church let me know.

God Bless and let me know if I can PM you the details of the letter I wrote to the young man who joined the Army.

Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

Slash415

Oct 25, 2017
Nashville
✟9,530.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey Slash and welcome to CF!

Interesting I just mailed out a letter to my best friends nephew who is in Army Basic Training right now. He's a Christian. I will share the letter with you in PM if ok with you. Let me know.

The brass tacks of the letter?

Ensure you have mapped out your church and fellowship once you know where you are going for training and where you are going for your first assignment. Your pastor can and will help with this. Ensure he does. In fact demand he does at least write you a letter letting a gaining church know where you are in your walk with Christ and your involvement in your church.

I am Evangelical and attend a Bible church. If this is your "flavor" too I can assist in finding you a Bible believing and Christ loving church. However, your pastor or elders are best geared for this.

So fellowship with Christians in a church is critical when you leave your home church. I speak from experience on this matter. If you are plugged in to fellow believers wherever you go, you have a support network centered on Christ and you have accountability.

Now don't take this the wrong way as we see a lot of "unchurched" believers in our country. If you are not plugged into a church now I recommend you do so now before joining the Air Force. Again any assistance I can provide in finding you a Christ centered Biblically sound church let me know.

God Bless and let me know if I can PM you the details of the letter I wrote to the young man who joined the Army.

I really appreciate the reply, would love to read the letter.

Upvote 0