Aug 18, 2015
✟326,357.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It depends on what you want of course but if you are discouraged because you are single then one thing that i've personally done is try to imagine a life in which i never get that relationship i seek and see if it can be a life that i still find worthwhile and joyful. This will help relieve the tension you experience from being single and one thing I do know you don't get the relationship you want by clinging to it.

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟896,801.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
How can I remain joyful when I have not been given something I truly want from God?

How many people in abject poverty around the world die with empty bellies or preventable illnesses? Do you think they pray? I'd imagine they do and, more than likely, far more sincerely and fervently than most of us ever will in our comfortable lives in the West.

Are their prayers 'ignored' or has God equipped mankind with the ability to solve these problems and we just haven't? I believe it's the latter.

I actually find it quite insulting given my first paragraph how people can believe God got them the job or exam grade because they prayed, but the mother weeping over her dying child had her prayers 'ignored'...?

God knows our hearts. He knows what we wanted before humankind even existed, let alone our birth.

Focus on what you can do to achieve or acquire what it is you are hoping for.

I don't mean to come across harsh, but a little perspective goes a long way sometimes.

Upvote 0

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
One does not simply give away one's location.
✟238,525.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Understand that seasons of sadness are normal. No one is "joyful" all the time, not even the great heroes of the bible. David wrote many mournful Psalms in times of sadness, worry, depression, and grief. "I am weary with my crying; my throat is parched. My eyes fail while I wait for my God...", "Reproach has broken my heart and I am so sick. And I looked for sympathy but there was none. And for comforters, but I found none."

Even Paul desperately sought the Lord to "remove a thorn from his flesh." We're never told what this struggle was that Paul desperately wanted the Lord to solve for him specifically, but Paul says that he was told, "His grace is enough." We must accept some of our struggles, and put our shoulders to the plow anyway, struggle on, and wait. Sometimes we have to wait for the Lord, and sometimes we have to wait a lot longer than we want to. Being thankful is hard sometimes, but honestly, in times of despair, sometimes being thankful is the best way to be happy. Sometimes it's a struggle, but if we try hard enough, we can find things to be thankful for, and if we focus on that, sometimes we can make it through the storm, and wait on the Lord.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
How can I remain joyful when I have not been given something I truly want from God?
See (read DAILY) in Scripture who (which people) were CONTINUALLY full of peace, joyousness, and righteousness (that no one could take away from them) ....
How can I pray for God's will to be in my Life when I want to have something else but can't have both?
I think this is important (obviously) >> (to DO what God Says, to BE what God Says) >>
Please pray that God will build me into the man God wants me to be in 2020. I also want to become a Bible layman of the word.
Thread by: Jazz Fan, Dec 28, 2019, 2 replies, in forum: Prayer Wall

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
:heart: i'm sooooo sorry. i can relate. Take your heartache and disappointment to God, even if it's that last thing you may be inclined to do. Do as David did. He poured it ALL out, even when he felt dejected and rejected and crushed by God's seeming "abandonment" of him,

It's ok to ask God why. He KNOWS your heart and the depth of what you had your heart set on. Even Jesus, His only begotten Son asked "why".

Think on and meditate on this verse below and ask God to minister to you through it.

Praying for you (((hug)))

"The LORD is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those whose spirits are crushed." ~Ps 34:18

Upvote 0