USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I see brethren trying to use God's Word about Lord Jesus' death and resurrection to convert the atheist, and most often it doesn't work. Why?

Because the atheist claims to live in the world of science, of what can be proven knowledge. They don't consider God's Word as science. But they are very wrong...

Heb 11:1-3
11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.

3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

KJV

That above Hebrews 11:3 verse SCIENTIFICALLY proves... God's existence. It proves the existence of the TWO dimensions of existence also. How?

There's a law of thermodynamics in the physics branch of science that says material matter can neither be created, nor destroyed. It can only change its form (solid, liquid, gas, vapor).

Think about that for a moment. If material matter can't be created, nor destroyed, that has to also mean material matter did not... create itself.

Notice what that Hebrews 11:3 Scripture in bold states, that things which are seen, i.e., material matter of this world, were not made of things which do appear, i.e., again the things of this material world.

In other words, matter did not create matter.

So what did... create matter? And that covers the whole universe, and not just this earth.

Even that law of science points to something else other than material matter as the creator. It means something of a different... dimension than this earthly one. Those of Faith call that Creator GOD. And that other dimension of existence that is not... matter, is of Spirit.

In John 4:24, Jesus said God is a Spirit.

As long as the atheist then keeps defaulting to this material world as being how this world came into existence, by that they are trying to disprove that basic fixed natural law of physics that matter can neither be created nor destroyed.

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I see brethren trying to use God's Word about Lord Jesus' death and resurrection to convert the atheist, and most often it doesn't work. Why?

Because the atheist claims to live in the world of science, of what can be proven knowledge. They don't consider God's Word as science. But they are very wrong...

11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

KJV

That above Hebrews 11:3 verse SCIENTIFICALLY proves... God's existence. It proves the existence of the TWO dimensions of existence also. How?

There's a law of thermodynamics in the physics branch of science that says material matter can neither be created, nor destroyed. It can only change its form (solid, liquid, gas, vapor).

Think about that for a moment. If material matter can't be created, nor destroyed, that has to also mean material matter did not... create itself.

Notice what that Hebrews 11:3 Scripture in bold states, that things which are seen, i.e., material matter of this world, were not made of things which do appear, i.e., again the things of this material world.

So what did... create matter? And that covers the whole universe, and not just this earth.

Even that law of science points to something else other than material matter as the creator. It means something of a different... dimension than this earthly one. Those of Faith call that Creator GOD. And that other dimension of existence that is not... matter, is of Spirit.

As long as the atheist then keeps defaulting to this material world as being how this world came into existence, by that they are trying to disprove that basic fixed natural law of physics that matter can neither be created nor destroyed.
It really depends if they are sincere. A lot of them are closed to any reasoning.

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,004,874.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Your title says "How to Prove God's Existence to an Atheist". You can't. Matters of faith can never be either proven or disproven.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

KJV

Don't bother trying. Satan has blinded the eyes of those who are perishing. The only witness you can have is a life that makes them take notice. Word and logic are pointless. I wrestled with my atheist dad and youngest brother, to no avail. They know now that they were wrong, but too late.

Look up Jeff Allen, a comedian who was also an atheist. His testimony is amazing. It proves that God is bigger than even the atheist.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟472,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

I am a Christian who believes that Genesis 1 is an allegory of the Big Bang and Evolution. Now, as such, I feel compelled to point out that matter can be converted to energy, and energy into matter, which is what happened at the Big Bang, when a singularity exploded, becoming our multidimensional universe. But what created that ultra-compressed universe and what caused it to expand? Stephen Hawking attempted to dismiss this as a meaningless question because of the lack of events and thus of time prior to the start of the Big Bang, but it is really only meaningless from the perspective of physical science, which cannot be expected, nor should it, provide answers to questions that cannot be measured, but it is the proper domain of philosophy and theology, and Christianity, being the only religion whose account of creation can be reconciled to what actually happened, is uniquely compelling in this regard.

However, I would not use this fact to try and convert atheists. It is my experience that the best way to get atheists, and indeed, most unbelievers, into the church, is to not annoy them with attempted proselytization, but rather, to embrace the sacred mysteries of our faith, to love them, to pray for their salvation, and when around atheists, to demonstrate unwavering love, consideration and compassion for them, while at the same time seeking to be not of this world. If we annoy people by trying to convert them through argument and debate, which to my knowledge has never worked, we hide our own light under a bushel, and give Christianity a bad reputation, along the lines of Mormonism and J/Ws. Rather, we should follow the advice of the beloved Russian hermit St. Seraphim of Sarov: “Acquire inner peace and thousands around you will be saved.”

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I am a Christian who believes that Genesis 1 is an allegory of the Big Bang and Evolution. Now, as such, I feel compelled to point out that matter can be converted to energy, and energy into matter, which is what happened at the Big Bang, when a singularity exploded, becoming our multidimensional universe. But what created that ultra-compressed universe and what caused it to expand? Stephen Hawking attempted to dismiss this as a meaningless question because of the lack of events and thus of time prior to the start of the Big Bang, but it is really only meaningless from the perspective of physical science, which cannot be expected, nor should it, provide answers to questions that cannot be measured, but it is the proper domain of philosophy and theology, and Christianity, being the only religion whose account of creation can be reconciled to what actually happened, is uniquely compelling in this regard.

However, I would not use this fact to try and convert atheists. It is my experience that the best way to get atheists, and indeed, most unbelievers, into the church, is to not annoy them with attempted proselytization, but rather, to embrace the sacred mysteries of our faith, to love them, to pray for their salvation, and when around atheists, to demonstrate unwavering love, consideration and compassion for them, while at the same time seeking to be not of this world. If we annoy people by trying to convert them through argument and debate, which to my knowledge has never worked, we hide our own light under a bushel, and give Christianity a bad reputation, along the lines of Mormonism and J/Ws. Rather, we should follow the advice of the beloved Russian hermit St. Seraphim of Sarov: “Acquire inner peace and thousands around you will be saved.”
St Seraphim of Sarov said that in a place which was mainly Orthodox so of course there was no proselytism per se. I am not against the idea of door to door evangelization.

Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

patience is useful, might take 10 or so years or not but God knows leave it to Him, be friends and good neighbors.

Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟472,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
St Seraphim of Sarov said that in a place which was mainly Orthodox so of course there was no proselytism per se. I am not against the idea of door to door evangelization.

What makes you say that? The Orthodox church proselytized the Syrians, Copts, Armenians, Georgians, Ethiopians, Indians, Bulgarians, Serbians, Romanians, Ruthenians, Ukrainians, Russians, Belarussians, Polish, Finns, Swedes, Czechs, Slovaks, Siberians, Tatars, Aleuts and other Native Alaskans, and lately has been growing enormously in Africa, Latin America, the Philipines, and Japan. Indeed, the Polish Orthodox Church has a large mission province in Brazil.

The thing is, the Orthodox don’t go door to door to proselytize because it annoys people. Rather, they build beautiful churches that attract visitors and have many divine services throughout the week, and these services and the mystical theology of the church attract people to come and see.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jipsah
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,050,232.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I see brethren trying to use God's Word about Lord Jesus' death and resurrection to convert the atheist, and most often it doesn't work.

Because an atheist does not say "I don't believe in God" but, "I KNOW there is no God".

We can't prove that God does exist, any more than they can prove that he doesn't. When Jesus cast out demons, there were some who said that he was only doing so by the power of Beelzebub; when Lazarus walked out of the tomb, there were some who just wanted to kill Jesus.
If someone doesn't want to believe, they won't.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The vast majority of atheists I know of who converted to Christianity did so because of a personal spiritual experience. So the best way is probably to pray that God will give them such an experience.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-​

Concerning God's creation science puts forth just a big lie. Which has helped to keep many an atheist or to help draw away a person from God, who other wise may believe, if they could see and believe God's true creation in the Bible.

Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. Those by the wayside are the ones who hear; then the devil comes and takes away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.

Which then possibly would cause a person to further seek the truth of The Bible and possibly believe there is a creator God, then to seek to believe in God's Son for the free gift of Eternal Life.

But a very successful deception by satan has been to blind people to God. By presenting a creation that goes against the creation found in the Bible. So even before many are exposed to any idea of The God of The Bible and His created works.

Many a child is exposed first to the lies of satan in a school room by exposing them to sciences version of creation. And having that happening at such a young age and reinforced as the child grows by governments, media, movies and even christianity (the ones exposed to christianity), they unlike santa claus, fail to escape the scientific creation lies. So instead of them seeing the creations lies put forth by science, they see God (The Bible God's word) as the lie.

But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,050,232.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Concerning God's creation science puts forth just a big lie. Which has helped to keep many an atheist or to help draw away a person from God, who other wise may believe, if they could see and believe God's true creation in the Bible.

The Bible says that God created - it doesn't say HOW he created.
The Bible says that the heavens declare the glory of God, Psalms 19:1, and Paul says in Romans that God's work can be clearly seen in creation, Romans 1:19-20.

If anyone were to ask, "how did this world come into being and who made it?", the answer, from the Bible, is God.

Which then possibly would cause a person to further seek the truth of The Bible and possibly believe there is a creator God, then to seek to believe in God's Son for the free gift of Eternal Life.

"Possibly".
In my experience, people don't show an interest in God because they have an intellectual and scientific debate about creation; they come to Christ because of personal testimony, evidence of a changed life, answered prayer or just calling out to God in tragedy and finding that he is there.

This is one reason I wouldn't get into a debate about this with an unbeliever.
The most important question for anyone to answer is still, "who do you say that I am?" Mark 8:29.
Get people to say what they believe about Jesus and who they believe him to be.

Many a child is exposed first to the lies of satan in a school room by exposing them to sciences version of creation. And having that happening at such a young age and reinforced as the child grows by governments, media, movies and even christianity (the ones exposed to christianity), they unlike santa claus, fail to escape the scientific creation lies.

The Bible doesn't explain HOW God created; science offers an explanation.
It doesn't change the fact that God created and this is his world.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The Bible says that God created - it doesn't say HOW he created.
The Bible says that the heavens declare the glory of God, Psalms 19:1, and Paul says in Romans that God's work can be clearly seen in creation, Romans 1:19-20.

If anyone were to ask, "how did this world come into being and who made it?", the answer, from the Bible, is God.

"Possibly".
In my experience, people don't show an interest in God because they have an intellectual and scientific debate about creation; they come to Christ because of personal testimony, evidence of a changed life, answered prayer or just calling out to God in tragedy and finding that he is there.

This is one reason I wouldn't get into a debate about this with an unbeliever.
The most important question for anyone to answer is still, "who do you say that I am?" Mark 8:29.
Get people to say what they believe about Jesus and who they believe him to be.

The Bible doesn't explain HOW God created; science offers an explanation.
It doesn't change the fact that God created and this is his world.

You want to discuss this with me, then first you must prove sciences version of creation exist. Not from science, but from and in the Bible.

The Bible is my standard of truth, not science.​

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,050,232.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You want to discuss this with me, then first you must prove sciences version of creation exist
.​

I don't want to discuss it with you. I was simply saying that the Bible is not a scientific textbook and does not tell us HOW God created the universe.
That is a fact; it was not written for that purpose.

• Agree
Reactions: Strathos
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Abaxvahl

Jan 28, 2018
Earth
✟33,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

KJV

1) Pray that God enlighten them, for Jesus said "come and see" not "come and argue" to see the veracity of His claims. "If you do not believe My words at least believe My works."
2) Show them the existence of immaterial things and how the soul works in accordance with Christian anthropology (this is easily done because although we engage with it all the time, such as right now you are getting my meaning which is immaterial with material signs, people don't notice it and atheists often assume they can justify their philosophies assuming this).
3) For the rare person who accepts an argument, I like this one.
4) Show them (this goes to the first point again) how the Incarnation deals with the existential problem of evil. This is far more important for people than it seems. A Christian who experiences Christ will not care about other problems of evil for the most part, an atheist who doesn't will not be convinced they are in fact non-problems.

Upvote 0

Freth

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Midwest, USA
✟379,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
God Himself could appear in front of a person and they would still deny Him. We saw this very thing happen with Israel.

The only thing that will convince an atheist that God exists is their own change of heart (Jeremiah 17:9). A person has to have their proverbial ear inclined to hear God knocking at the door (Revelation 3:20).

• Agree
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟472,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
I don't want to discuss it with you. I was simply saying that the Bible is not a scientific textbook and does not tell us HOW God created the universe.
That is a fact; it was not written for that purpose.

Indeed, although as I proposed the other day in concurrence with your correct view that Scripture is not a scientific textbook, it was, until the 20th century, the only book that described with any accuracy at all the Big Bang, the formation of the Earth, and the evolution of life, in Genesis 1, which I regard as a miraculous proof of the validity of our religion.

This of course does not make it a scientific textbook, but it does validate the status of Moses as a Holy Prophet, and also Christianity specifically, because the Rabinnical and Karaite interpretation of Genesis is radically different, owing to the former’s system of mystical Kabalah and the latter’s method of Kalaam (a means of reasoning), which results in them, among other things, denying the existence of the devil and ludicrously regarding the Serpent in Genesis 2 as an unusually cunning snake (you can’t make this up).

Although Karaites might interpret Genesis 1 correctly, to be fair, but I am suspicious of their exegesis considering the huge mistake they make concerning Genesis 2. However, because of Kabalah and the occult doctrines of the ten Sephirot, we can say with some confidence that Rabinnical Jews do not understand Genesis 1 to mean what any Christians, from young Earth creationists to believers in a scientific compatibility like myself, to liberal Christians who regard it as purely allegorical, interpret it as meaning.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟472,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
God Himself could appear in front of a person and they would still deny Him. We saw this very thing happen with Israel.

The only thing that will convince an atheist that God exists is their own change of heart (Jeremiah 17:9). A person has to have their proverbial ear inclined to hear God knocking at the door (Revelation 3:20).

God Himself did appear in front of practically all of Israel, and they denied him and denounced him to Pontius Pilate as a blasphemer worthy of being crucified! Even St. Peter, who correctly identified our Lord as the Son of the Living God at the Transfiguration, denied him three times.

Upvote 0

Jay Sea

................ Ke ĉiuj vivu
Mar 28, 2020
victoria
✟26,347.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

KJV

It is not our purpose to convert atheists or anyone else. it is or place to live as in the Kingdom now. in love compassion and forgiveness and let G-d's grace do the rest. If you want a guarantee of conversion then perhaps when Christians stop killing or harming others.
In LOve
Jay Sea

Upvote 0