How to prove God exists.

Pachomius

May 7, 2011
✟17,695.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Dear readers of this thread, first I want to thank you for coming over.

Next I want to thank the founders, owners, operators of these forums, because I have never been in any way curtailed in my exposition of my thoughts here; otherwise everywhere I went I got eventually sooner than later banned, for writing on my thinking and they did not like it.

Now, the present thread is an experiment, and dear readers you will get to know the objective of this thread, as you read my thinking on my exposition on how to prove God exists.

Here goes.

First and before anything else, people who care to prove God exists, or for people who care to disprove or to deny God exists even without proving, because they just want to insist that God does not exist, or they want to maintain their right to not admit that God exists...

First and before anything else, all peoples have got to harbor in their mind or brain the information of the concept of God, otherwise they are not acting rationally and in fact they are acting un-intelligently.

So, dear posters here, and dear readers here who don't post: please, do speak out instead of being all the time passively reading, and not contributing your own thoughts on the issue God exists (or not).

At this point, I will invite posters here to give their comments, on my statement that first and foremost, peoples who want to prove or disprove or deny God exists even without proving anything at all, please give your comments in reaction to my statement about people not having at all any information on the concept of God Which God is to be proven to exist or to not exist, that they are conducting themselves irrationally and even un-intelligently.

So dear readers of this thread, let us sit back and await posters here to present their comments, on my statement that:

First and foremost you have got to have information on the concept of God, in order to be relevant to the proof or disproof of God existing, otherwise you are conducting yourselves irrationally or in particular un-intelligently.​

Again, dear readers here, let us all sit back and await posters here to present their comments or words, to the effect of reacting to my statement immediately preceding this ending paragraph of my post here.

[ A similar thread from me is started in another internet forum. ]

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,064,547.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
If E = mc2 then we can divide and conclude that...

Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2)

And there are three varieties...

Natural E/c2 - All mass is basically cooled plasma
Mental E/c2 - Mentally, A mathematical formula, but this has chemical and spiritual properties as well.
Spiritual E/c2 - E (motivation, warmth, love) / c2 (faith, hope, charity, joy)

I came to Christianity because I felt the energy and light of the Holy Spirit.

• Agree
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
Again, dear readers here, let us all sit back and await posters here to present their comments or words, to the effect of reacting to my statement immediately preceding this ending paragraph of my post here.
Over in the other thread you had already given your definition of "God", and I agreed to accept it, for purposes of your thread.
Are you going to post anything of substance any time soon, or will you keep to the strategy of writing merely long-winded introductions to...nothing?

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
In harmony with all my other threads I post this scripture:

Romans 1:20 New International Version (NIV)

20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If you prove God exists you remove any reason for faith. Do that and the entire religion falls apart.
That view demands that we totally ignore what Paul said in Romans 1:20 about the existence of God being detectable in nature. We would also need to adopt a blind faith perspective which goes completely contrary to scripture.

Psalm 139: 14
…13For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb. 14I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
That view demands that we totally ignore what Paul said in Romans 1:20 about the existence of God being detectable in nature. We would also need to adopt a blind faith perspective which goes completely contrary to scripture.
I wonder if he meant quite that. In a way, the passage is reflective of Psalms 19:1. But I understand your point. The difficulty with Fideism is that it gives you nothing by which you can compel others to believe.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. 19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world,[g] in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. 21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools, 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.

24 Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, 25 because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.

26 For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; 27 and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28 And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done. 29 They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, 31 foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32 Though they know God's righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them.

Upvote 0

smithed64

To Die is gain, To Live is Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 2, 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟41,497.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
If you prove God exists you remove any reason for faith. Do that and the entire religion falls apart.

If God exist, why would that remove the reason for faith?

Upvote 0

smithed64

Site Supporter
Feb 2, 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟41,497.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Because then it is not faith any more, but certain knowledge.

That wouldn't get rid of faith, that would bolster faith in Him.

Just as the apostles didn't lose their faith in Christ after His resurrection, it enhanced their faith in Him, so much so they completely changed their attitudes and minds about the fear they felt before He rose. To the point of sacrificing their lives preaching and teaching about having faith in Him.

And literally changed the world with their preaching and works of faith.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pachomius

May 7, 2011
✟17,695.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Thanks for your reply, Quatona.

I am in this thread into an experiment to see whether folks who are atheists or in league with atheists, are really into hide and seek (which they are in fact), in their discussion on the existence of God.

The information of the concept of God is already most crucial in coming to the existence of God, that is why when you read writings by enemies of God's existence, search for any mention from their part of their information on the concept of God, and you will notice that they are playing hide and see, by blasphemously applying ridiculous descriptions to God, calling Him like as with Bertrand Russel, an orbiting teapot in space - I think he is the first to resort to this hide and seek trick to avoid altogether from giving his information, because he knows that from the correct information of God in concept, it is inevitable that he will come to the existence of God, conforming to the concept of God, namely:

"In concept God is first and foremost the creator and operator of the universe and man and everything with a beginning."​

Russell calls God an orbiting teapot in space, nowadays atheists call God a flying spaghetti monster, etc., all of which exposes them to be into bad faith playing themselves to be irrational and un-intelligent, by which they could avail of the defense from ignorance for not accepting God's existence.

But it is not ignorance but insanity, i.e., they seek to show themselves insane, wherefore they are 'faultless'.

So, how to prove the existence of God?

Like this:

1. Get to know the correct information on the concept of God.

And then?

What about in step No. 2. accepting this statement:

2. The default status of things in the totality of reality is existence?

What do you say, Quatona?

Dear Quatona, I like very much to have a sustained exchange with you, on the present trend I am developing, namely, how to prove God exists, step by step.

[ Note to operators of the forum: Please just merge this 'new thread' into the most appropriate current thread(s) from me, or see if you can put them three threads under just one thread. I should have just made what I call a new topic as the title of a new post from myself. Sorry for the trouble. ]
Over in the other thread you had already given your definition of "God", and I agreed to accept it, for purposes of your thread.
Are you going to post anything of substance any time soon, or will you keep to the strategy of writing merely long-winded introductions to...nothing?

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
That wouldn't get rid of faith, that would bolster faith in Him.

Just as the apostles didn't lose their faith in Christ after His resurrection, it enhanced their faith in Him, so much so they completely changed their attitudes and minds about the fear they felt before He rose. To the point of sacrificing their lives preaching and teaching about having faith in Him.

And literally changed the world with their preaching and works of faith.
But they didn't put the awesomeness and beauty of the universe into a syllogism and prove the existence of God rationally so they could compel others to believe. The thought would never have crossed their minds.

Upvote 0

smithed64

Site Supporter
Feb 2, 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟41,497.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
But they didn't put the awesomeness and beauty of the universe into a syllogism and prove the existence of God rationally so they could compel others to believe. The thought would never have crossed their minds.

They didn't have to. Because of the first 3000, were witnesses to the events that had happened.

They had the miracle of the resurrection and the beauty of the living Savior. That beats the awesomeness and beauty of the universe any day.

The universe will end someday. Christ will always be here.

Reactions: Tetra
Upvote 0

Tetra

Dec 18, 2016
Earth
✟64,448.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear readers of this thread, first I want to thank you for coming over.

Next I want to thank the founders, owners, operators of these forums, because I have never been in any way curtailed in my exposition of my thoughts here; otherwise everywhere I went I got eventually sooner than later banned, for writing on my thinking and they did not like it.

Now, the present thread is an experiment, and dear readers you will get to know the objective of this thread, as you read my thinking on my exposition on how to prove God exists.

Here goes.

First and before anything else, people who care to prove God exists, or for people who care to disprove or to deny God exists even without proving, because they just want to insist that God does not exist, or they want to maintain their right to not admit that God exists...

First and before anything else, all peoples have got to harbor in their mind or brain the information of the concept of God, otherwise they are not acting rationally and in fact they are acting un-intelligently.

So, dear posters here, and dear readers here who don't post: please, do speak out instead of being all the time passively reading, and not contributing your own thoughts on the issue God exists (or not).

At this point, I will invite posters here to give their comments, on my statement that first and foremost, peoples who want to prove or disprove or deny God exists even without proving anything at all, please give your comments in reaction to my statement about people not having at all any information on the concept of God Which God is to be proven to exist or to not exist, that they are conducting themselves irrationally and even un-intelligently.

So dear readers of this thread, let us sit back and await posters here to present their comments, on my statement that:

First and foremost you have got to have information on the concept of God, in order to be relevant to the proof or disproof of God existing, otherwise you are conducting yourselves irrationally or in particular un-intelligently.​

[ A similar thread from me is started in another internet forum. ]
Are you purposing some sort of ontological argument here?

• Haha
Reactions: Radrook
Upvote 0