Aug 6, 2011
Israel (usually)
✟16,539.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Saint,

If you've been invested, over time, on any Christian Forum, then you have come to the realization, that about 30% of the people who use a Christian Forum are sincere, and sincerely interested in learning more, growing more, and want to use a Christian Forum, for these reasons. But then, you have the other 70% who live on these forums, with no desire to learn, but only a desire to fight, create chaos, and if possible, create confusion within someone else's belief system, regarding their Salvation.
And the worst of these offenders, are Legalists. And you need to protect yourself from their poisonous heretical bible twisting mania, as it can infect you, and truly harm your walk with the Lord , and more.

Lets get to it.

So,... Your New Testament explains that you are to "Discern", .. And this is related to life situations, personal desire, purpose in life, but it also means you are to do it with other people and certainly with other Christians.
The scripture that supports this is : 1 Corinthians 2:15.
Saint, being able to discern will keep you safe in life, and will keep you from being led into dark theology that many on a Christian forum would have you believe, to your hurt.
Now, how do you discern if a person is a Legalist? Well, here are the classic signs.....
First, this heretic will live and obsess on the Old Testament, and also on only 3 books in the new Testament.

1. Hebrews Chapters 4...6....10.
2. James
3. Matthew

Next, this heretic will try to convince you that you can Lose your Salvation. They will be found on a Christian forum, or anywhere, trying to do this to other believers.
They will start Threads, they will endlessly rant and post, always using the Old Testament, James, Hebrews, and Matthew.
Pay attention to this.
You'll begin to discern it.

Next, they will always talk about works, commandments, enduring to the end, dead faith, holding onto your faith, and never will they be able to deal with Pauline Theology, or believe that Salvation is completed.
They will never accept Grace without the condition of WORKS being added to it, to "keep you saved".
"Yes, i know that Jesus shed His blood to save us....BUT, here is the rest of the commandments, enduring to the end, holding unto your faith, confessing your sins.....that you must DO< to STAY SAVED">..

Discern this Saint, as you will be hearing all about it, very soon.

Now keep in mind that the Legalist, does not believe that God & Christ will KEEP THEM SAVED.....so, their entire Christianity is a bitter, joyless, self effort to do it for themselves, and this is why they are endlessly trying to convince you that you need to be doing it also.
They believe that you can lose your salvation, because they find it impossible to TRUST that God and Christ, will keep them Saved.
They read Philippians 1:6, that explains that God started their salvation IN THEM< and will complete it.....and they refuse to accept this, as they are convinced that they need to keep themselves saved, = "Self- Righteousness".
They read Hebrews 12:2, that says that Jesus started their Faith and will complete/perfect it, and they refuse to accept this, and instead will try to keep themselves saved by "holding unto their faith".

Understand, that Faith does not save you.. but rather God SAVES YOU thru your faith.
Faith is not the Savior.....The Savior is Christ on the Cross.
Faith does not save you, but rather God giving you His righteousness, and HAS, if you are born again, makes you acceptable to Him, is what is saving you, right this very second.

So, i mention that you are to discern any teacher, and the best way to discern them, is to find out what they believe about Salvation, and in fact, if they even understand it.
Consider that if a person does not understand God's Grace, (Salvation), then how can they understand anything else in a New Testament.
As obviously, if you dont understand Grace, The Atonement, Justification by Faith, then how can you understand anything else that matters, regarding the New Testament, and "sound doctrine"?
Our New Testament, tells us to "establish our Hearts, with Grace"...Hebrews 13:9
This means to nail down, what Paul has taught us as "sound doctrine" regarding "Justification by Faith", so that you are not led astray by heretics.

Rest assured that if you are ever going to grow in Grace, and receive more revelation and New Testament understanding, then you have to study, not read, but study, Paul's epistles.
And not just a little bit....
As this Apostle, is the only one that Jesus chose to personally give to you what you know that is "Church Doctrine"
Everything that a real student of the word needs to know, that matters, that is the "main thing", "sound doctrine" "church doctrine" ...= you will find and discover by studying the words of Paul.
Paul is the only apostle who told you to "be a follower of ME, as I follow Christ"... 1 Corinthians 11:1
IN 2nd Peter, Peter says that Paul's letters are "scripture", and equal to the Torah. (OT).
Imagine an apostle saying that another apostles letters are equal to SCRIPTURE, the word of GOD. But that is he wrote, as that is a fact.
This is why most of our NT< is composed by Paul.
So, this is one more way for you to discern a Christian's soundness, and accuracy, and truthfulness, regarding what they believe. Notice if they are of the understanding that Paul's Theology, and His Epistles matter most to the believer, regarding understanding what God wants you to know, ...."sound doctrine"..."church doctrine".
Legalists, have a spiritual blindness toward's Paul. They will twist one or 2 verses of his verses to try to teach you that you can lose it....but, they have no grounding in his Theology, are not familiar with his letters, and will never be, as Paul is the one that explains in Galatians 1:8 that they and their theology, are "cursed of God". And Saint, when you run into one of these, and they are foaming at the mouth to try to get you to doubt your eternal security, and they are only too happy to TRY to convince you that you can lose you salvation.....you remember what i have told you in my 3 Legalism Threads, and you can discern these heretics and protect yourself and your family.

Now, its a good idea if you discern me.
You should try.
See, i have no fear of this, and welcome your examination.
Here is what i do......I give God and Christ full credit for saving me and keeping me saved.
I give them full credit for Salvation.
I would not dare pretend that i can save myself or keep myself saved by my works, or anything that i can ever do, such as keeping laws, confessing sin, or keeping commandments, or enduring to the end, or any of this phony baloney, self righteousness.
I know who the Savior is, and its not ME.
I would never try to talk you out of your salvation, or cause you to have doubts about your salvation being completed, "in Christ".
I would never have you living your Christian life, in fear, worried that you might go to hell if you don't do certain things and maintain a certain lifestyle.
See, God didnt save you because of what you would or would not do LATER, after you are SAVED....He only saved you and keeps you saved because of what Jesus the Christ did for you on a Cross that has Redeemed you, for eternity.
Thats IT.
Bottom LINE.

So, now, also discern my understanding of Salvation, as i explain it simply.

The issue is RIGHTEOUSNESS.
We dont have any, of ourselves, ours is "filthy rags" according to Paul and the book of Romans,.....and this condition that we are born into, is called...."LOST".
"Lost", means, in Christian Terms, that our unholiness has created a disconnect and a division between us and Holy GOD.
So, to solve this disconnect, and to build an eternal bridge between Himself and us, He offers a means, whereby we can have His very Righteous, for ourselves.
And this Righteousness, is "Christ's righteousness".
Without it, we are lost and bound for hell.
But with it, we are delivered from Eternal Judgment , = hell = Lake of Fire.
So, God wrapped Himself in Human flesh, was born of a Virgin, and Jesus as God and fully man, was manifested in the flesh to save us. 1 Timothy 3:16
"Save us", means, God as Christ lived a holy life AS A MAN, sinless, which resolved the issue of the Law, that was judging us as unrighteous and lost.
On the Cross, shedding His Blood, ...God as Jesus the Christ, bore our sin's and removed the law from its capacity to judge us in eternity.
Christ rejectors will face God as Judge, and the Born Again, meet God as their FATHER..."abba".
God then, (as we hear the Gospel and believe in Christ), takes our sin and lets Christ die for it, and He takes Christ's righteousness, and imparts it to us, gives it to us, so that we become Born again, new creatures, and have now the very Righteousness of Christ, as OUR Righteousness.
And from that moment, (born again) God never again imputs our sins to us....Romans 4:8, and we are "accepted in the beloved", we are family members, for eternity, and nothing can change this, because its all provided for us, and given to us, and kept for us for FREE.
Philippians 1:6

blessings,

DW

Last edited:

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for your post, the only thing I will add is that when I hear people talk about Paul's teaching is " umm no it is Gods teaching".
All Scripture is inspired by God as we know it is Gods Word.
(I'm not saying this to you personally it is to everyone in general)

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I didn't read your entire post...Stopped at about 1/3 through.

Just want to say that I'm one of those legalists you taked about. The problem is that Jesus didn't call those He taught legalists...He called them disciples.

The reason we speak up about OSAS is because there is no such concept as this in the N.T. and it tends go give persons a sense of false security.

I've been wondering lately about how many persons THINK they're Christian, but in reality might be breaking God's instruction because they think they could do as they wish and still be saved.

I know most persons that believe in OSAS do NOT think this way...but some do and it's proven by their arrogant attitude and statements that confirm what I've said above. One poster actually said the Holy Spirit could be blasphemed after salvation and he would still be saved.

Of course I believe in what is biblical...Eternal Security - for as long as we remain IN CHRIST and follow His ways, we can be sure of our salvation.

So maybe you should read James 3:1 and be very careful of what you post on these threads.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,259.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
First, this heretic will live and obsess on the Old Testament, and also on only 3 books in the new Testament.

1. Hebrews Chapters 4...6....10.
2. James
3. Matthew

Add this verse to the list as well! :)

John 14:12
Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So, you say a legalist will dwell on James.

Well, I offer that James is a very sound and mature Christian message, which matches very well with all Paul says.

So, what do you think, please?

If I am correct, then a legalist is very much misunderstanding James, if a legalist finds James to be more worth attention, than Paul's writings.

Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have found that there are legalists who might believe in once saved, always saved, but they have very strict outward requirements of what a Christian must do. So, legalists do not all insist that a child of God can lose his or her salvation.

And I extend the meaning of a legalist to being very exact in what a person expects from other people. The person might say, oh I'm not a legalist because I don't require that people dress a certain way for church. Yet, this same person might be very fussy about what a possible romantic companion has to look like, what must be the person's interests, or what the person has to eat, and other very specific requirements which can help to keep the person from relating well with other people and finding out how to love.

And we might be legalistic in how we understand things which Paul says > for example >

"Do all things without complaining and disputing, that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation," (in Philippians 2:13-16)

A more legalistic person might pay attention only to the part saying not to complain or argue. And the person legalistic can measure by only or mainly the outward actions of complaining and arguing, and possibly feel that this means not to ever disagree, at all, or ever be concerned about how things are wrong.

But we need to see the purpose of not complaining and arguing > so we become blameless and harmless the way God's love has us become in our nature, and this "without fault" because we are now more the way God's love is. And so, I see the purpose of this command is so we find out how God has us become and love. So, we need to pay attention, then, to not only our outward behavior but to anything in us which just gets started to have us complaining and arguing, and trust God to remove that and have us being the way His love has us becoming and submit to how He has us relating > "in the fear of God." (Ephesians 5:21)

So, instead of first or mainly pointing at how others are legalists, be prayerful to see how "it could be me". Any way I might insist on how others have to do things my way, and this outward, this could be me being a legalist, establishing my own law of what I dictate has to be right in order for ones to have love with me.

• Agree
Reactions: GodsGrace101
Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have found that there are legalists who might believe in once saved, always saved, but they have very strict outward requirements of what a Christian must do. So, legalists do not all insist that a child of God can lose his or her salvation.

And I extend the meaning of a legalist to being very exact in what a person expects from other people. The person might say, oh I'm not a legalist because I don't require that people dress a certain way for church. Yet, this same person might be very fussy about what a possible romantic companion has to look like, what must be the person's interests, or what the person has to eat, and other very specific requirements which can help to keep the person from relating well with other people and finding out how to love.

And we might be legalistic in how we understand things which Paul says > for example >

"Do all things without complaining and disputing, that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation," (in Philippians 2:13-16)

A more legalistic person might pay attention only to the part saying not to complain or argue. And the person legalistic can measure by only or mainly the outward actions of complaining and arguing, and possibly feel that this means not to ever disagree, at all, or ever be concerned about how things are wrong.

But we need to see the purpose of not complaining and arguing > so we become blameless and harmless the way God's love has us become in our nature, and this "without fault" because we are now more the way God's love is. And so, I see the purpose of this command is so we find out how God has us become and love. So, we need to pay attention, then, to not only our outward behavior but to anything in us which just gets started to have us complaining and arguing, and trust God to remove that and have us being the way His love has us becoming and submit to how He has us relating > "in the fear of God." (Ephesians 5:21)

So, instead of first or mainly pointing at how others are legalists, be prayerful to see how "it could be me". Any way I might insist on how others have to do things my way, and this outward, this could be me being a legalist, establishing my own law of what I dictate has to be right in order for ones to have love with me.
You're right!
I was on a thread some time ago and was accused of being a legalist --- which I don't believe I am and I really don't like them myself. Of course, YOUR opinion of me might be different.

But what you just made me realize is that some of THEM were more legalistic than I was because of the strict requirements they had in order to be called "saved".

Anyway, Jesus didn't say not to do what the Pharisees said to do, He said not to do what they DO.
Mathew 23:1-5a
Mathew 23:3
1Then Jesus spoke to the crowds and to His disciples,
2saying: “The scribes and the Pharisees have seated themselves in the chair of Moses;
3therefore all that they tell you, do and observe, but do not do according to their deeds; for they say things and do not do them.
4“They tie up heavy burdens and lay them on men’s shoulders, but they themselves are unwilling to move them with so much as a finger.
5“But they do all their deeds to be noticed by men;

Upvote 0

DeepWater

Just The Truth
Aug 6, 2011
Israel (usually)
✟16,539.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thank you for your post, the only thing I will add is that when I hear people talk about Paul's teaching is " umm no it is Gods teaching".
All Scripture is inspired by God as we know it is Gods Word.
(I'm not saying this to you personally it is to everyone in general)

Thank you for your comment.
""Yes, all scripture is given by inspiration and is ........""

But did you ever consider that the writer of that verse, had no New Testament?
That's something to consider, as he's talking specifically about the OT.
In the NT, we have a lot more of the personality of the Apostle's, tho, it is very true that when Paul is teaching, he's inspired. And certainly, he is the fulcrum for "sound doctrine", and Jesus is the Vine.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DeepWater

Just The Truth
Aug 6, 2011
Israel (usually)
✟16,539.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
I didn't read your entire post...Stopped at about 1/3 through.

Just want to say that I'm one of those legalists you taked about. The problem is that Jesus didn't call those He taught legalists...He called them disciples.
The reason we speak up about OSAS is because there is no such concept as this in the N.T. and it tends go give persons a sense of false security.
Of course I believe in what is biblical...Eternal Security - for as long as we remain IN CHRIST and follow His ways, we can be sure of our salvation.

I appreciate that you admit that you are not trusting in God or Christ to keep you saved, but you are instead trusting in, as you stated, "as long as".
The problem you have, GG101, is that you have taken your Salvation into your own hands, and taken it away from the Blood of Jesus, which is typical of your legalistic idea of saving yourself, by your lifestyle.
But let me remind you, that God didn't save you, if you are born again, BASED ON, how you are going to behave later, after the Blood of Jesus was accepted on your behalf.
Do you really have no concept that God, when HE saved you, didnt know at that time, every little sin and big one, that you were going to do for the rest of your LIFE? Do you not realize this? And did He save you anyway?....Then is God stupid?......As He would have to be wasting His time, to save you, and know that later, you would get rid of it, by some sin, or another.
Think on that for a while, as its something you need to consider.
And again, Why would God, waste the Blood of Christ, on someone, if He knew that later, they would "Lose their Salvation".
Answer : Its because you can't lose it, as its not yours to lose...As Salvation is GOD's. He created it through Christ, and you have nothing do to with it, at all, tho you think, and all Legalist think they have control of the Blood Atonement.
Think again.
And for you to even consider that you have some influence over THAT, based on your idea that somehow, the Cross needs your help, is as i have been writing, an insult to God, and to Grace, and to the Blood of Jesus.

Upvote 0

DeepWater

Just The Truth
Aug 6, 2011
Israel (usually)
✟16,539.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Paul did not contradict James. They're all in it together...

Study your bible., and dont just come to this Thread to state nonsense.
Read Acts 15.
Find out about WHEN all the Apostles met Paul.
Discover that until Paul shared what Jesus shared with only Paul, .........what this means.

timewerx, sometimes you really do have to "study to show thyself approved unto God".

Upvote 0

DeepWater

Just The Truth
Aug 6, 2011
Israel (usually)
✟16,539.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship

Well, I offer that James is a very sound and mature Christian message, which matches very well with all Paul says.

If I am correct, then a legalist is very much misunderstanding James, if a legalist finds James to be more worth attention, than Paul's writings.

A legalist cannot trust God or Jesus to keep them saved.
They will only agree that God saved them.
This means they are trusting....WHAT THEN..to "stay" saved. = THEMSELVES.
This is "legalism". This is "self righteousness", or trying to make yourself acceptable to God by what you do.
And if you teach this to other believers, you are Galatians 1:8

And yes, a legalist, will be found living inside these parts of the NT. :

James.
Hebrews
Matthew
The Old Testament.

And James, is certainly an Apostle, and has his place in the NT.
But, when you are discussing, specifically, New Testament Doctrine for the Church, then you dont study James, until you have studied Paul, as Paul was given what we understand as "Doctrine for the Church", by Jesus.

Also, Let me explain this to you, so that you have some light regarding your NT, that noone has shared with you, until now.
Your NT< is a book of progressive revelation....in other words, its "being revealed".
And we have the completed Bible, but the Apostles, were living it out and later we get to read all about it.
The Apostles didnt have a New Testament, as they were in the process of writing it with their lives and their blood.
So, As you read a NT, and move from the point of the Cross all the way to the book of The Revelation, you are talking about a period of TIME, that is being explained, AS the NT.
The Book of the Acts of The Apostles, for example, is about 1 yr per chapter, so, Act 10, would be about 10 yrs after Christ ascended back to heaven.
Now get this point, as if you can get this you can have some light that most believers, will never have, so, here we go...
Because the years of the NT< reflect decades of the Apostles lives, we have to realize that none of them knew all the same information at the same time. (no internet, no cell phone, no cable tv)(everybody walked).
Now, my home is in Israel, and its not a huge country, but you will have to do a lot of walking to walk across it.....trust me :)
So, just as the NT, and the Bible itself is a "progressive revelation" of How God is being revealed himself regarding His interaction with MAN, then we have to realize that the apostles, individually, were all in various states of understanding what God was revealing to THEM, over time.
Now get that, as that is crucial for you to understand.
For example....
Paul was taught by Jesus, that "Faith is counted for Righteousness". In other words, when we believe the Gospel, and put our faith in God and Christ, then God accepts this, accepts us, and gives us His/Christ's righteousness, and we are "made righteous", and that is for Eternity, as you can't be "unborn again".
So, This Is Salvation, and its offered TO: "For God so loved the WORLD", and that means every person, everywhere, is offered the Love of God and the Blood Atonement, as a Free Gift of Salvation.
But, in Acts 9........Nine years after Christ was back in Heaven, Peter, didnt know this.
He didnt have the revelation yet. He thought ONLY THE JEWS could be saved, and this is a decade after Christ is back in Heaven.
So, you have to see what this means.........as its a substantial understanding that will help you "rightly divide the word", and if you dont know this fact, then you will wrongly divide the word, and most Christians do.
To continue....
In Acts 10, God-Christ gives Peter a vision, that teaches Him that everyone can be saved....EVERYONE.
But for 10 years after Jesus was back in heaven, Peter didnt know that everyone could be saved, and not just the Jews.
So, do you see?
And the point is, when we read the NT, and sometimes what an Apostle says, seems to contradict what Paul is teaching, then this is because the apostle, at that time he wrote that letter, does not have the revelation, all of them, that Paul taught.

• Informative
Reactions: Loyce KG
Upvote 0

DeepWater

Just The Truth
Aug 6, 2011
Israel (usually)
✟16,539.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have found that there are legalists who might believe in once saved, always saved, but they have very strict outward requirements of what a Christian must do.

I appreciate your comment.
I personally have never read a Post or a OSAS hating/Grace rejecting (same thing) Thread posted by a Legalist that says they believe they can't lose their salvation.
i'll keep my eyes open and maybe one day one will cross my path.

And, one of the faux arguments a Legalist has, to try to justify their Grace rejecting self rightousness is this often repeated and very tired air bag.
"well, you are teaching that you can just do anything you want, that you have a license to sin"...
And of course, that is just a lie, but, Legalists will lie to justify themselves.

The reality is, our Christian Discipleship is to strive minute by minute to live a life that pleases God.
And this does not include a license to sin, but it does include the fact that Grace is always greater then our sin. And if this was not the case, then there would be no point in getting Saved.
"where sin abounds, GRACE (continual atonement) much more abounds".

• Agree
Upvote 0

DeepWater

Just The Truth
Aug 6, 2011
Israel (usually)
✟16,539.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
But what you just made me realize is that some of THEM were more legalistic than I was because of the strict requirements they had in order to be called "saved".

A Legalist has "fallen from Grace"....this means that they will agree that Jesus saved them, but they can't believe that Jesus-God keeps them saved, so, instead, they believe they have to do things, ...works, commandment keeping, confessing sins, enduring to the end, ........the LIST goes on......and they will argue that if you dont do these things,..............>>.
So, that is Legalism....that is adding your works to the Cross, and not trusting in Christ alone, to get you to heaven.

"""Yeah but, what if you do..."""......"yeah, but, what if you dont"..

Right.
That is not trusting, that is trying to make SELF RIGHT with God, buy those......>"But..... = "self righteousness".

So, do you believe that you can lose your salvation......reader?
Yes, you.
You know in your heart the answer, so, you are ither a legalist, or you are someone who ONLY Trust's Christ as your Salvation....as HE IS The Grace of God. He IS, your eternal life.....He IS, Salvation... and if you have Him, then you are eternally secure.
This is because "Christ in you, the hope of Glory", which means that He is IN YOU< and you are "IN CHRIST", so, wherever He is, you are, now, and also after you die, or are Raptured.
You've read that you are "seated in Heavenly places", and that "as Christ is, so are you, ON THIS EARTH""".....
That is not a MYTH or a MISPRINT< or a inaccurate translation of those verses from the Koine Greek.
The Bible gets it right every time, but many Christians get it wrong, all the time.

I came here to this Forum knowing that i can only share the truth, but, its God who gives the Light, and changes the heart, and opens the spiritual eyes.
Im just the writer, putting in the effort......God The Father is the power, is the Glory, is the Authority, is the HOLY ONE who can open the eyes of your understanding (reader).

So, all that is your "Son of God" STATUS, if you are born again, and you can't change it by your behavior.
Ever.

There is no room for your works, in the Blood Atonement.
God does not need or require your self righteous effort to get you to Heaven, if you are born again.
And if you put it there, you are doing deep and dangerous disrespect to the Blood of The Son of God, and that is why Paul warns all Legalists, .... Galatians 1:8.
Many here, on this forum, would not agree, and that is the Legalist's mentality, and its poison theology.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,259.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Study your bible., and dont just come to this Thread to state nonsense.
Read Acts 15.
Find out about WHEN all the Apostles met Paul.
Discover that until Paul shared what Jesus shared with only Paul, .........what this means.

timewerx, sometimes you really do have to "study to show thyself approved unto God".

I agree with Paul's teaching on salvation....But...Are many Christians saved in the first place?

I'm quoting from Paul's writings:

Galatians 5:21
and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Galatians 5:6
For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.

How do you express love:

1 John 5:18
"Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth."

Captain Kirk gives the nod of approval!
giphy.gif

• Agree
Reactions: GodsGrace101
Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I appreciate that you admit that you are not trusting in God or Christ to keep you saved, but you are instead trusting in, as you stated, "as long as".
Could you please quote me just one verse from the N.T. where Jesus said He came here to save us and that if we believed n Him, we'd be saved forever.
That would be helpful.
In the meantime, here's what Jesus said:

John 5:28-29
28“Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice,
29and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.

What does the above mean to you?
Does that sound to you like one is saved forever because they believe in Jesus, or does it sound like you'll be judged according to your deeds?

The problem you have, GG101, is that you have taken your Salvation into your own hands, and taken it away from the Blood of Jesus, which is typical of your legalistic idea of saving yourself, by your lifestyle.
As any Christian knows, we cannot save ourselves.
Only God can save us, if we desire Him to and ask it.

As to lifestyle, are you going to be one of those that claims he can live any way he wants to and still be saved? I do hear this going around in the modern church. Unfortunately, it is NOT what the N.T. teaches.

In fact, Jesus taught that we have to belong to the Kingdom of God here on earth, which continues on after death and into the real Kingdom at the end of time.

To belong to the Kingdom of God, we must adhere to its rules. Here are some:

Matthew 5:3-9 How to Behave: The Beatitudes
1When Jesus saw the crowds, He went up on the mountain; and after He sat down, His disciples came to Him. 2He opened His mouth and began to teach them, saying,
3“Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4“Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.
5“Blessed are the gentle, for they shall inherit the earth.
6“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.
7“Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.
8“Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
9“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

Any letter of Paul where he admonishes us to have a very particular lifestyle. Here's an example:

Romans 13:7-13
7Render to all what is due them: tax to whom tax is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honor to whom honor.
8Owe nothing to anyone except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law. 9For this, “YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, YOU SHALL NOT MURDER, YOU SHALL NOT STEAL, YOU SHALL NOT COVET,” and if there is any other commandment, it is summed up in this saying, “YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.” 10Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
11Do this, knowing the time, that it is already the hour for you to awaken from sleep; for now salvation is nearer to us than when we believed. 12The night is almost gone, and the day is near. Therefore let us lay aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light. 13Let us behave properly as in the day, not in carousing and drunkenness, not in sexual promiscuity and sensuality, not in strife and jealousy.

Perhaps you'd like to explain why the N.T. is full of the type of writings as the above.

But let me remind you, that God didn't save you, if you are born again, BASED ON, how you are going to behave later, after the Blood of Jesus was accepted on your behalf.
Do you really have no concept that God, when HE saved you, didnt know at that time, every little sin and big one, that you were going to do for the rest of your LIFE? Do you not realize this? And did He save you anyway?....Then is God stupid?......As He would have to be wasting His time, to save you, and know that later, you would get rid of it, by some sin, or another.
Think on that for a while, as its something you need to consider.
And again, Why would God, waste the Blood of Christ, on someone, if He knew that later, they would "Lose their Salvation".
Answer : Its because you can't lose it, as its not yours to lose...As Salvation is GOD's. He created it through Christ, and you have nothing do to with it, at all, tho you think, and all Legalist think they have control of the Blood Atonement.
You might possibly be a new Christian. All new Christians think they've come up with some concept no one else has ever heard of before.

First of all, I think you mistyped and should have written that God DOES KNOW all our sins, past, present and future.
Of course.
God KNOWS what we're going to do.
He doesn't CHANGE our life -- He allows us to live it.
At the moment we want to be born again,,,He allows us the free will we have in order to make that decision.

God knows the future, but does not change it..that would be a miracle.

When, at some time in the future, we might not wish to serve God anymore - for whatever reason -
God will, again, respect our free will and will let us go.

Your argument is not valid. It removes free will from man and makes God be the puppet master.
Have YOU thought about that?

And for you to even consider that you have some influence over THAT, based on your idea that somehow, the Cross needs your help, is as i have been writing, an insult to God, and to Grace, and to the Blood of Jesus.

I'm so tired of hearing that those that obey God are trying to HELP HIM and are INSULTING HIM.

Is it your contention that by obeying God, you are insulting Him?

Listen to what JESUS said and stop listening to modern day heretics.

John 8:51
John 14:15
John 14:24

Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A Legalist has "fallen from Grace"....this means that they will agree that Jesus saved them, but they can't believe that Jesus-God keeps them saved, so, instead, they believe they have to do things, ...works, commandment keeping, confessing sins, enduring to the end, ........the LIST goes on......and they will argue that if you dont do these things,..............>>.
So, that is Legalism....that is adding your works to the Cross, and not trusting in Christ alone, to get you to heaven.

Right.
That is not trusting, that is trying to make SELF RIGHT with God, buy those......>"But..... = "self righteousness".

Yes, you.
You know in your heart the answer, so, you are ither a legalist, or you are someone who ONLY Trust's Christ as your Salvation....as HE IS The Grace of God. He IS, your eternal life.....He IS, Salvation... and if you have Him, then you are eternally secure.
This is because "Christ in you, the hope of Glory", which means that He is IN YOU< and you are "IN CHRIST", so, wherever He is, you are, now, and also after you die, or are Raptured.
You've read that you are "seated in Heavenly places", and that "as Christ is, so are you, ON THIS EARTH""".....
That is not a MYTH or a MISPRINT< or a inaccurate translation of those verses from the Koine Greek.
The Bible gets it right every time, but many Christians get it wrong, all the time.

I came here to this Forum knowing that i can only share the truth, but, its God who gives the Light, and changes the heart, and opens the spiritual eyes.
Im just the writer, putting in the effort......God The Father is the power, is the Glory, is the Authority, is the HOLY ONE who can open the eyes of your understanding (reader).

So, all that is your "Son of God" STATUS, if you are born again, and you can't change it by your behavior.
Ever.

God does not need or require your self righteous effort to get you to Heaven, if you are born again.
And if you put it there, you are doing deep and dangerous disrespect to the Blood of The Son of God, and that is why Paul warns all Legalists, .... Galatians 1:8.
Many here, on this forum, would not agree, and that is the Legalist's mentality, and its poison theology.
You're teaching that we are not to obey God.

Please read James 3:1 before you continue.

James 3:1
1Let not many of you become teachers, my brethren, knowing that as such we will incur a stricter judgment.

Remember that to whom much is given, much will be required.

Also, learn what Jesus meant when He told the Apostles to go and teach what HE had spent over 3 years teaching them...Mathew 28:19-20

WHAT did Jesus teach them and His disciples?

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Right.

Yes, you.

Ever.

This is what you stated above:

"So, all that is your "Son of God" STATUS, if you are born again, and you can't change it by your behavior.
Ever."

So, apparently we have another Christian that claims he can behave however he wishes to and still be saved.

Brother, you better learn the N.T.
Your very soul is at stake.

Upvote 0

DeepWater

Just The Truth
Aug 6, 2011
Israel (usually)
✟16,539.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
You know what would be a good idea? If you started 2 or 3 more threads about this. That should get your point across!

If you read carefully, the 3 ive posted, then you'd discover that they are not the same content, but are related to the same topic, topher694.
The 1st, is dealing with the concept of the Topic.
The 2nd, is dealing with the result, of the Topic.
The 3rd, is dealing with why every born again believer needs to be discerning of this Satanic theology that replaces Grace with works. ... Galatians 1:8......"Legalism".

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.