Visit site
✟1,505,834.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I think you might find those websites consider repeated posting of the same thing to be spam.

Much better to take the time to build genuine relationship with the people you want to help, so you can speak to them with real insight into their situation, rather than doing a kind of post-and-run style of evangelism, I think.

Reactions: “Paisios”
Upvote 0

123RRRRR

Aug 19, 2018
Canada
✟16,105.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ok, thank you. I have a terminal illness and have troubles remembering what I read and can’t think that well. I dont have much time left honestly but I just want to help God. I don’t want to sound rude or offensive but I want you to give me some examples of how you would approach a situation of someone online in need of help that has never heard the gospel or even considered Jesus.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,505,834.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Well, I'm afraid if you're looking for something to copy and paste, I can't help you, because that's not something I would do. I would always start by coming alongside others and listening to them, then engaging with them where they're at.

Maybe you would be better off relating to people in person?

Upvote 0

123RRRRR

Aug 19, 2018
Canada
✟16,105.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I honestly don’t have the mind needed to work with people like that. I once did but I am very sick now. Maybe things will get better for me but right now I just need a way to spread the message of God that he loves and wants to save without scaring people away from him. I want to do it right

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,505,834.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry it's such a tough time for you.

I just wouldn't take the approach you're suggesting. I don't think people trust random religious posts from people they don't know.

I know it's tough, but I'd look for what you can do within your circle of real relationships to love and encourage people to know God better.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,505,834.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Well - whom do you have contact with each day? Family, carers? You can pray for and perhaps with them; you could check out the prayer wall here (https://www.christianforums.com/forums/prayer-wall.10/ ); there are always people needing prayer and encouragement, and that only takes short posts.

Maybe that's a start?

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,928,677.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hi 123RRRR, first off, I see you are pretty new around here, so WELCOME TO CF :wave:

I'll need to talk with you later today about your OP, but I wanted you to know that I am praying for both you and for your new ministry as well.

I remember a street preacher who used to stand in the way of cars exiting the garage at my college. When you rolled down the window to ask him to move, he would walk over to your car, hand you a little copy of the Gospel of John and say, "you're going to Hell". I'm not recommending doing the same thing, not at all, but I have to admit, it not only got my attention back then, I can still remember that 5 second meeting 40+ years later :) What I guess I'm trying to say is that delivering the "bad news" when you are evangelizing is very important for a number of reasons (though you'll need to decide how to best approach your particular "audience").

In your case, you might turn this statement of yours (I’m too sick to move and just wanted to make sure it was known to people, especially dying or addicted people that they could be saved, I think it would even help them to know about God’s love for them) into more of a proposition and a question, and see how that goes. IOW, go ahead and tell folks that you are sick, that you're dying, but that you want them to know about the bright hope that you have about your future, a hope that they can have as well if they want .. or something along those lines, and then ask them if they'd like to talk to you about it.

You can start right here as there are a LOT of hurting people who are filled with anxiety and hopelessness looking for prayer (as Paidiske already mentioned) and helpful advice/hope (there is the Christian Advice board and the mental health boards to check out). The very fact that you are willing to give of your time to help comfort others in their pain, when you are hurting so and have so little time left yourself, will speak volumes to people, so no worries, you just need to begin :oldthumbsup:

https://www.christianforums.com/forums/christian-advice.232/

https://www.christianforums.com/forums/struggles-by-non-christians.274/

https://www.christianforums.com/categories/mental-health-recovery.600/

We're really called to be faithful witnesses, which just means sharing what you know and have experienced about God, and the great love He has for you (and you for Him) with the hurting (who are sadly, so easy to find around a place like this and elsewhere on the Web).

Talk to you more tomorrow (Dv)

God bless you!

--David

Last edited:
Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,928,677.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
You might take a look at these sites, as they are loaded with free material in their broadcast archives.

Dr MacArthur's is particularly interesting, because most of his come not only with audio/video, but with full articles or sermon transcripts as well.

Here's one of them to get you started and to get you to his broadcast ministry's website: https://www.gty.org/library/sermons-library/81-16/making-christ-attractive-in-a-pagan-world

You might also look here at Dr. Sproul's two websites 1. www.ligonier.org and 2. www.renewingyourmind.org

--David

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have troubles writing these things my self and don’t want to scare people off, but I just want to promote Jesus. I want to send them on drug websites and websites for sick people just to show them I support them and God supports them.

You write none of yourself simply quoting Bible verses in order of your choice to deliver the message you want , like making a story out of it .

I can write you one right now it's easy , for example :

John 5:39 > Romans 3:23 >Romans 3:10 > Romans 6:23 > Revelation 20:14 > John 3:3 > 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 > Ephesians 2:8-9 > Galatians 2:16> 1 Peter 1:18-19 >Hebrews 10:5 > Hebrews 10:11-12 > Romans 10:13 > Ephesians 1:13-14 > John 10:28-30

Grace = undeserved
eternal = forever
gift = not by anything one does

1) It's not your job to debate unbeliever but HS John 16:13
2) You give a reason to unbeliever showing him what according to Scriptures means in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 , my favourite prophecies are Isaiah 53 , Psalms 22:16 , choose your own ones here www.accordingtothescriptures.org/prophecy/353prophecies.html

Scriptures fulfilled are the base of our faith 2 Peter 1:19

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have a quick question, do any of you have a message I could send to people on other (non godly) forums and chat websites that promote God and Christianity?
I need one pre written. Thank you.
You might try reading the Bible, especially the Gospel parts. Some Bibles have footnotes. It may be good to study those too. One who wants to get an A on an exam will read the course text book over and over until it is memorized. If you find the Gospels change your life for the better, you might be able to recommend the Gospels to others.

Upvote 0

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian
Ok, thank you. I have a terminal illness
Well there you go. An excellent place to start. You can share about despite your terminal illness you are at peace and are confident of your destiny. For although "everyone must died once and after that comes judgement" yet Jesus promised "whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life." John 5:24 And he was validated by his resurrection from the dead.

So, like God says, "Seek the LORD while He may be found, Call upon Him while He is near. Let the wicked forsake his way, And the unrighteous man his thoughts; Let him return to the LORD, And He will have mercy on him; And to our God, For He will abundantly pardon." Is 55:6,7

"And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart." Jer 29:13

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok, thank you. I have a terminal illness and have troubles remembering what I read and can’t think that well. I dont have much time left honestly but I just want to help God. I don’t want to sound rude or offensive but I want you to give me some examples of how you would approach a situation of someone online in need of help that has never heard the gospel or even considered Jesus.
Praying for you brother! What a great heart you have, the heart of love our dear Savior and Lord has to bring His Gospel of Grace to His lost sheep.

I will be in touch!

Upvote 0