✟20,036.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi all
With the situation that going on, how do we overcome fear and worry?

I have a high level of anxiety and fear from a early age and lived with me ever since. Now we living in a even more worry and fearful times how as a christian can you overcome it.

Especially when things are getting back to normal the anxiety goes up another level.
It is like being in a big storm.
I know God is there but the anxiety and fear sometimes takes over.
Any advice would appreciate.

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi all

I have a high level of anxiety and fear from a early age and lived with me ever since. Now we living in a even more worry and fearful times how as a christian can you overcome it.

Especially when things are getting back to normal the anxiety goes up another level.
I know God is behind everything you see causing it to happen. Just as he caused the universe to happen along with everything that ever will happen in it.

We see his judgment everywhere we look. But I have his promise and have never seen it fail.

“He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: My God; in him will I trust. Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, And from the noisome pestilence. He shall cover thee with his feathers, And under his wings shalt thou trust: His truth shall be thy shield and buckler. Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; Nor for the arrow that flieth by day; Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; Nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. A thousand shall fall at thy side, And ten thousand at thy right hand; But it shall not come nigh thee. Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold And see the reward of the wicked. Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, Even the most High, thy habitation; There shall no evil befall thee, Neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. For he shall give his angels charge over thee, To keep thee in all thy ways. They shall bear thee up in their hands, Lest thou dash thy foot against a stone. Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: The young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet. Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. With long life will I satisfy him, And shew him my salvation.” Psalm 91:1–16 (KJV 1900)

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi all

I do not know what will work for you but try prayer, talk out your fears with Jesus, turn the problems over to him. Reading Scripture also helps.

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The secret to dealing with fear isn't so much overcoming it as it is redirecting it.
Throughout the Bible, God tells us to fear Him. We ought to fear God more than man.
The creation cannot harm us unless the Creator permits it. Study God's Word and trust what it says.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟718,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi all

Prayer for Serenity

God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time,
enjoying one moment at a time;
accepting hardship as a pathway to peace;
taking, as Jesus did,
this sinful world as it is,
not as I would have it;

trusting that You will make all things right
if I surrender to Your will;
so that I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with You forever in the next.

Amen.

Reinhold Niebuhr

Upvote 0

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi all

Firstly, stop listening to the media and checking out the coronavirus updates. I have noticed that when the number of infected persons goes up it makes me a bit anxious. Instead pray Psalm 91 over yourself and loved ones and believe it.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,348.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi all

What is it that you fear?

Upvote 0

Mak33y

Soar Like An Eagle
Jul 29, 2006
Manila
✟27,794.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.

Isaiah 41:10
Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi all

A "born again" BELEIVER in the Lord Jesus (as John 3 & John 14 shows us) has the promise of the presence of our God in us by the Holy Spirit (that's the holy Trinity ---Father & Son by the Holy Spirit). THEREIN is peace! WHEN ONE RECEIVES the Lord Jesus as their Savior and Lord of their life, God-the Father, seals that one forever as a "child of God" (and cannot be unborn). The only thought should then be that whether our God will keep us going on well in this world, or take us to Himself in Heaven. EITHER WAY 'all is well' ---right? Let us go forth IN PEACE and joy at our "high calling in Christ Jesus". Those who only have some kind of religion have not this blessing --it speaks of a Godly relationship.

Reactions: Mak33y
Upvote 0

PrincessofGod18

Apr 8, 2018
London
✟20,036.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Firstly, stop listening to the media and checking out the coronavirus updates. I have noticed that when the number of infected persons goes up it makes me a bit anxious. Instead pray Psalm 91 over yourself and loved ones and believe it.

What is it that you fear?

Of bad things happen to me and my family. Also not being able to find a husband.

• Prayers
Reactions: Ronit
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Willing-heart

In Christ Alone.
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2017
Gloucester
Visit site
✟221,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Scripture tells us in 1 Sam 23;14 that Saul pursued David every single day, but God did not deliver David into Saul’s hand. David went on the run, hiding from one place to the other (even in a cave) fleeing for his life. Eventually through that trying times, David learnt the lesson of trusting God. David learnt that his time and his life cannot be in God’s’ hand and in the enemies’ hand all at the same time. For when he is in God’s hand, fear departs, faith emerges, and there is peace. FEAR is to Satan what FAITH is to God. When fear is up, faith is down; when faith is up, fear is down.

Facing Anxiety

• Winner
Reactions: Ronit
Upvote 0

Ronit

Jul 29, 2017
Oregon
✟34,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
The Scripture tells us in 1 Sam 23;14 that Saul pursued David every single day, but God did not deliver David into Saul’s hand. David went on the run, hiding from one place to the other (even in a cave) fleeing for his life. Eventually through that trying times, David learnt the lesson of trusting God. David learnt that his time and his life cannot be in God’s’ hand and in the enemies’ hand all at the same time. For when he is in God’s hand, fear departs, faith emerges, and there is peace. FEAR is to Satan what FAITH is to God. When fear is up, faith is down; when faith is up, fear is down.

Facing Anxiety
Amen! Well Said , my friend.
Ronit

• Friendly
Reactions: Willing-heart
Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A "born again" BELEIVER in the Lord Jesus (as John 3 & John 14 shows us) has the promise of the presence of our God in us by the Holy Spirit (that's the holy Trinity ---Father & Son by the Holy Spirit). THEREIN is peace! WHEN ONE RECEIVES the Lord Jesus as their Savior and Lord of their life, God-the Father, seals that one forever as a "child of God" (and cannot be unborn). The only thought should then be that whether our God will keep us going on well in this world, or take us to Himself in Heaven. EITHER WAY 'all is well' ---right? Let us go forth IN PEACE and joy at our "high calling in Christ Jesus". Those who only have some kind of religion have not this blessing --it speaks of a Godly relationship.

Upvote 0

Refirened

May 18, 2020
Midlands
✟4,224.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi all

I suppose the answer as a Christian is to build ourselves up in the power of faith. Jesus revealed that in the midst of the storm Peter began to sink because his fear caused him to doubt.

Matthew 14:29-31

29 He said, “Come!” So Peter got out of the boat, and walked on the water and came toward Jesus. 30 But when he saw [the effects of] the wind, he was frightened, and he began to sink, and he cried out, “Lord, save me!” 31 Immediately Jesus extended His hand and caught him, saying to him,
“O you of little faith, why did you doubt?”

According to God that power of faith is built through feeding on the words of God. I struggle with this because my mindset and emotions at times take me away from the things of God and cause me to struggle to read the word. Lately, I've discovered some good books which through Amazon Audible I can listen to as a narrator reads them out which I've found helpful. Theirs a guy called Daniel C Okpara and I've been finding his books good to listen to as he uses the word and speaks on the emotions and mind in relatable ways.

You can get a free trial with that Audible so maybe check it out.

Livres audio et plus | Votre premier livre est gratuit! | Audible.ca

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Duke of Stratford

One day at a time.
Jun 2, 2019
America
✟33,483.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
In addition to everyone else’s lovely advice, I’d also suggest counseling if the problem is persistent. Sometimes talking about your problems and working through them with others (particularly other Christians who understand the struggle) can be a big help!

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟794,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Many good comments. (Understanding that we are to love, respect, and fear the Lord and hold Him in awe. Plus there's keeping kids out of traffic, etc) But there's unhealthy fear. 'There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love." I John 4:18

So fear blocks love. It can be difficult with everything that's going on to not be fearful. But being fearful results in us being more self centered. This contrast with loving the Lord and others.

Last edited:
Upvote 0