How to meet a Christian woman?

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟215,955.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Is church the only way? And I don't intend on going to church for those reasons! Most people are worldly.. and to the point where they even despise Christianity for many. Where and how do I find this Godly Christian woman?
Pray and ask God to bring you together with one he decides is the best suited for you and for her. You can even thank him that you believe his angels are bringing you and her together. That's how Issac got his wife in Gen 24 and you can learn from that he actually didn't go out looking. I didn't either. I never went out looking.

Over 40 years ago my friends kept telling me they'd been to all the churches looking for spouse and couldn't find one. I told them, "I don't care about any of that! I said if God has to go to some far off city and cause the one to come across my path that's what he'll do" Funny thing is that's what happened a few years later! I happened to be at a home Bible study, two towns away from where I lived.....she walked in and I KNEW that was my wife. She KNEW it too. The KNOWING was by supernatural revelation.

Look to God and in your private prayer life (if you want a spouse) offer up thanksgiving and praise to the Lord continually that he's bringing it about in HIS TIME. I know people can get impatient about this but keep in mind even a couple of years in the bigger picture of things is such a small sliver of time.

• Friendly
Reactions: Rest
Upvote 0

Will Joseph

Jul 10, 2020
Bronx
✟25,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I don't think there's shame in going to your church for finding a Christian woman. But mind you, a Christian woman would favor a Christian man, so you'd have likely had to been part of that church or exercising Christianity prior.

Finding a partner can be difficult and even dangerous for some people. There are criminals who pretend to be potential partners. Then they steal your money or worse. You can try dating websites but some dating websites work with the same scams.

Upvote 0

Olmhinlu

Apr 15, 2020
Undisclosed
✟59,795.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do.. But I don't do it for the intention of looking for women to hit on!

Seeing as you have that settled in your mind, you presumably could look for a wife without questioning your own motives!

He who finds a wife finds a good thing,
And obtains favor from the Lord.
Proverbs 18:22

To me, it does not say that you are to obtain favour from the LORD and that He will then give you a wife. Rather, it appears to say that you are to seek; how can you find something unless you search for it?

Upvote 0

Rest

Jul 14, 2020
West
✟17,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Seeing as you have that settled in your mind, you presumably could look for a wife without questioning your own motives!

He who finds a wife finds a good thing,
And obtains favor from the Lord.
Proverbs 18:22

To me, it does not say that you are to obtain favour from the LORD and that He will then give you a wife. Rather, it appears to say that you are to seek; how can you find something unless you search for it?
I see, interesting. I figured maybe it's one of those things I simply leave myself open to while the Lord puts her in my path.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Springbok

Jul 13, 2020
Düsseldorf
✟17,987.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Ah, okay, I see, thanks.

Let's go back to your question, I'll give you practical advice. The more theological aspects can be dealt with in separate threads, with a more general scope.

The main problem with Christians and social issues is insincerity.

For instance, it could happen to a young Christian man that he inquires his teachers about the issue of getting married and founding a family at all. What usually happens is, that they will steer him in the direction of marrying a devout Christian wife, establishing a family, which usually means being the main bread winner – and all that.

This may be even good advice!

But, they will give him this advice not because they examined his particular situation and deemed said course of action best for him personally, but out of a general belief that this is what a young Christian man ought to do.

In some cases: without explicitly stating so.

Now, if one would inquire such teachers as to why this is the life a young Christian man should choose for himself, they probably can't offer much more than the almost comical "it is written" "because the Bible says so."

They know this is dumb, so they don't even say it. They become insincere. They say "it is good for you" because they believe it is so.

It is not clear, whether such a belief is actually founded in that what the Bible really says.

Here's my point: Regardless of what you do, if this thing is not found on sincerity and truthfulness, it can become a troublesome and burdensome burden to you and those around you.

Good Christian teachers are able to explain why they believe what they believe, regardless if they are "right" or not. So, my pro-tip number one: ask everyone who opens his mouth to explain his "why" for whatever assertions he made.

Get clear on why you want to get married and who is going to pay for what.

This is the first step to make yourself ready for a life as a husband and father. You clear up your own head.

Question: Seeing that you are from a first world country, how big is the chance that you are a lard ass?

You have to be healthy and fit in order to be a good husband and father.

Can you do something in that area?

Not my business, but, you know, I've see some things… A lot of people could have made it a lot easier for anyone involved by not skipping the basics…

Just sayin'.

Now, two other posters have already pointed out to important aspects, which I want to reinforce here.

First, there are scammers out there. Quite a few, really, look at the divorce rates among Christians. Still pretty high. There are many women out there, who only get married in order to be eligible for alimony. How to these "broads" find a sucker?

A good way to present yourself as such is to show yourself as a gullible religious nutcase, "hard working" and whatnot. In other words: look, a dork.

So, be aware of that.

The other mentioned thing is that a sincere Christian girl will be interested in spiritual things.

Which is why church is indeed a very good place to go to to find a wife.

I talk a bout sincerity, so let's be frank.

What is the truth?

The truth is that every unwed, young Christian, boy or girl doesn't matter, things about the possibility of meeting her future spouse just this time when going to church, every time when going to church.

Isn't that the truth?

Can you really believe otherwise?

And isn't that a good and sweet thing?

- "Where did you met your wife?"
- "In church"
- "Oh, awful, ouch."

Said no one ever.

Okay, here's the thing how we can tie all these thing together.

Ready?

What I suggest you do is the following thing.

You start a YouTube channel where you talk only about Bible things.

This will make bible girls from all over the world flock to you.

The others can't even stand watching your videos!

All you have to do is to just NOT mention your married status.

Why? Because girls are not stupid, that's why.

Such a channel will help you to overcome you coming off as a dork.

It will create in you the wish to stop being a fat ass.

It will train you to talk about spiritual matters, which you will have to do as a good Christian husband and father.

The biggest turn-off to women, coming off as needy, is complete annihilated that way.

So.

This is very practical advice. Doesn't cost any money, just courage.

It is very sincere, also.

I know this works first hand.

Are you up to the challenge?

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,010,111.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I got a t-shirt with this on it. Works for me!

unnamed.png

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟946,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Rest,

I have never met a prospect in church or any religious setting. Nor has the Lord directed me towards someone in a place of worship.

I think a dash of realism is needed on this subject. You can’t conceive marriage without recognizing the state of the world and its increasing depravity. Nor can you ignore the impact its had on the church and Christian unions.

You have to accept marriage in this age is a different reality from the one couples faced years ago. This means you may have a longer wait. You may need to move. You may need to adjust your desires or requirements.

Because things have changed. You have to adapt and be willing to adjust your expectations accordingly. That doesn’t mean you set aside your desire to marry but it may imply a need to be patient far longer than planned.

The proactive approach is expectant, preparatory and engaging. Use this time for personal growth and spiritual maturity. Nurture the interests and activities which would be difficult when relational demands arise.

Many dwell on the lack of companionship and allow its absence to overshadow everything God has done. Their conversations are riddled with woe and that’s unbalanced. We can acknowledge our want to marry without submerging the mind in the subject to the detriment of everything else.

This isn’t a wilderness but you can approach it with that mindset and round the mountain endlessly until you get the point. We can save ourselves a lot of hardship and frustration by choosing a different course.

“The heart of man plans his way, but the LORD establishes his steps.” —Proverbs 16:9

Trust His guidance and leave the matter with Him. :)

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟381,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Is church the only way? And I don't intend on going to church for those reasons! Most people are worldly.. and to the point where they even despise Christianity for many. Where and how do I find this Godly Christian woman?
Live what you value, and you'll increase the odds of finding a woman whose life aligns with yours.

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

You don't have to go to church with that reason. If you're a routine church-goer and...if you see someone you like, just introduce yourself. :)

Upvote 0