How to make the evil of others not destroy us?

carolina16

Jesus Christ is the Lord
Sep 21, 2017
Bs As
✟43,424.00
Country
Argentina
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Hi everyone, i need help. How do you make the evil of others not destroy your self-esteem? For example at work, with people who mistreat you every day? A boss, co-workers. "Justice, justice will persecute so that you can live and inherit the Earth" (Deuteronomy 16.20) (?). I'd appreciate your answers.

Last edited:

RC1970

post tenebras lux
Jul 7, 2015
✟80,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone, i need help. How do you make the evil of others not destroy your self-esteem? For example at work, with people who mistreat you every day? A boss, co-workers. I'd appreciate your answers.
Pray for them.

"And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one." ~ Matthew 6:13

Upvote 0

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone, i need help. How do you make the evil of others not destroy your self-esteem? For example at work, with people who mistreat you every day? A boss, co-workers. "Justice, justice will persecute so that you can live and inherit the Earth" (Deuteronomy 16.20) (?). I'd appreciate your answers.

Beyond what others have said (I only read one, do not wish to be biased), find another job. Pray to God for mercy to find a better job.

Humans can be tyrants. God is no tyrant, but the exact opposite. Just as the anti-christ is called The Tyrant...

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,505,474.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I agree with finding another job.

But also, if you must endure for a while (while looking for that other job), I'd say it's also about how you build yourself up in the truth. If your boss is telling you that you're worthless, meditate on Scriptures which talk about your value to God, that sort of thing.

Upvote 0

KiteRider

Dec 1, 2017
Singapore
✟8,378.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello Carolina16
We are all members of the family in the house of God
When one member of the family errors the others will have to suffer likewise
When all members of the family behave in conformance to God's plan will the others benefit as well
This extends all the way from the microcosm to the macrocosm, and you can think of your own atypical family unit as the starting point and extend this all the way up to our entire human family, and the huge universal family as well
There can be perceived deliberating time related injustice in our world in the short-run
But you should have faith in the fairness of our universe from a larger perspective and the unchanging nature of God's divine plan
In the long-run sooner or later will you attain the fairness which you deserve and you will be held accountable for each and every of your actions to God

Jesus made no error when he said "love your neighbor as you love yourself"
We are after all part of the larger human family, we will undergo the same pain and sufferings together and we will enjoy the joy and bliss of happy days together as well

Upvote 0

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I tend to pray for them.
Praying lowers your fight or flight mode
Also, you as a believer should know that their actions are the result of sin and their world. Put another way, you know what causes those to rise up, get angry, jealous, fits of rage, etc etc.
You also know that you have the power to overcome and not take offense in the name of Jesus. Easier said than done I know, but try catch it the next time something arises. Then go away and pray for them. You will be surprised how your attitude changes. It goes from feeling mad at them to feeling sorry for them. Their lost in their world of sin and darkness

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I think we need to expect that people will hurt us because all human beings are sinners and sin against others.

I think if we expect that there will be problems they don't catch us by surprise as much

Upvote 0

Ojpalosa

Jan 19, 2018
Bästkusten
✟30,329.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Definitely read the bible and pray! Like some have said pray for them and pray that god gives you calm and to see the evil for what it really is...

Ephesians 6:12:
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Upvote 0

Kristen Davis

Dec 9, 2017
Alpharetta
✟11,497.00
Country
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

You don't you love your neighbor and pray for those who persecute you quote from matthew.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Try to remember also that their own evil and sin brings consequences to themselves.

If you focus on ‘what they did to you’ it is hard to forgive, but focusing on the negative things their actions bring upon themselves puts a whole new perspective on it.

God tells us we reap what we sow. So they will reap all the bad that comes from their actions.

Just see it as God sees it.

Upvote 0