• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

How to make the evil of others not destroy our health?

carolina16

Jesus Christ is the Lord
Sep 21, 2017
Bs As
✟43,424.00
Country
Argentina
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Hi everyone, i need help. How do you make the evil of others not destroy your self-esteem? For example at work, with people who mistreat you every day? A boss, co-workers. "Justice, justice will persecute so that you can live and inherit the Earth" (Deuteronomy 16.20) (?). I'd appreciate your answers. God bless you all.

Last edited:

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone, i need help. How do you make the evil of others not destroy your self-esteem? For example at work, with people who mistreat you every day? A boss, co-workers. I'd appreciate your answers. God bless you all.
The only real answer I can give is give even this to God and let Him transform your life. I know that sounds empty but I have seen it time and time and time again. God's will for us is to not be slaves to the sin in this world both our own sins and the sins of others. It won't be easy but with the Holy Spirit having total control over your life you will discover that you are not merely a survivor but a thriver in the midst of some of the most difficult things this world can throw our way.

May you discover the power of the living God living within you.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone, i need help. How do you make the evil of others not destroy your self-esteem? For example at work, with people who mistreat you every day? A boss, co-workers. I'd appreciate your answers. God bless you all.

Find the one Who will protect you. Here's how to find --

7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
9 “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! 12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." -- Christ, the Lord
-----

13 "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity."
-----

Jesus tells us --
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
------

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

My answer here, Carolina, is that you give yourself increasingly to the presence of God and let HIM confirm HIS love for you, through increasing communication with you during prayer time, granting revelation to you from His word thru the teaching of the Holy Spirit, and experiencing His presence over you and upon you during worship and praise.

When you know beyond doubt that HE loves you, what the world thinks becomes less and less important (Romans 8:31).

Reactions: Babe Ruth
Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It's a very tough situation, but I would say the way through it is to love them despite their flaws. That doesn't necessarily mean you should put up with their abuse, but it does mean you can look beyond it to their worth to Christ, and see that they themselves are in bondage to sin, which is making them act the way they do. Having that perspective will give you more peace and enable you to keep your focus on the Lord. As it says in 1Cor 7, if you can make a change in circumstances for the better, do so. But if not at the present time, focus on your own attitude and responses to their provocations.

Lord, grant this one peace, and give her a way forward in You, in Jesus' name.

Reactions: razzelflabben
Upvote 0

Maria.V.H

Feb 1, 2017
Denmark
✟34,519.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I´m sorry you have to go through this! People mistreat each other often because of lack of understanding each other. Let small things out on others, maybe we misjudge a situation, there is a lot of posibilities.The best way to get around this is to ask them how they feel, what their problem is if they have one, if you can do something to help them, tell them how you feel, tell them they make you feel bad. Communication is the key to everything! If it does not help and they still treat you bad, look for another job. I hope your situation becomes better!

• Agree
Reactions: Babe Ruth
Upvote 0

christianforumsuser

Oct 28, 2017
Rochester
✟3,445.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Do you want to hear me quickly tell you that you're the one wrong...or that they're the one wrong...
I don't know the situation. But you need the Word
And not just any random careless reading of it that agrees with you if you're wrong

Upvote 0