How to lower abortion rates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lisa0315

Respect Catholics and the Mother Church!
Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I certainly don't condemn you or anybody. I had my tubes tied after I had two children and went into deep depression after the second. I personally think that we cannot in our frail form, interrupt God's work. I had a friend who had her tubes tied and she had another baby. If God chooses for us to be pregnant, we will be and there is nothing we can do to stop it.

But then, that is just my opinion.

I have since read about many other women who have gotten pregnant despite tied tubes, the pill, whatever. There are even women who swear they never had intercourse but they are pregnant. God's will prevails no matter what we do. How is it that we think we can outwit God? Can't be done. But we can sin by trying.:wave:

to edit: but God will forgive our sin if we repent truly to not do again. Thank God for forgiveness.

Yes! I like that. We cannot outwit God, but we can sin in trying! I believe I might have to borrow that sometime. That is truly excellent!

Lisa

Upvote 0

freyajem

Senior Veteran
Jan 5, 2005
Nova Scotia
✟5,552.00
Faith
Christian
Yes! I like that. We cannot outwit God, but we can sin in trying! I believe I might have to borrow that sometime. That is truly excellent!

Lisa

It's yours Lisa:hug:

Your words inspired me. I learn so much from people like you. You have shown many kindnesses to me....that gives me room to rethink.:)

Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Respect Catholics and the Mother Church!
Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's yours Lisa:hug:

Your words inspired me. I learn so much from people like you. You have shown many kindnesses to me....that gives me room to rethink.:)

Don't make a Southern girl blush like that. We are just wayyyy too attractive when we do that! LOL! :blush:

Love you lots!

Lisa

Upvote 0

Candide

May 26, 2007
Reno
✟8,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I believe that the answer to this question is quite simple. Uncomfortable for our government, perhaps, but simple nonetheless. We need to educate people, and we need to give people resources that they don't have right now. We need to make "having the baby" a viable option for the soon to be teen mother who can't afford to support herself, let alone another mouth. We need to take care of the poor conditions that many Americans are living in, and we need to give them true sexual education.

Reactions: Ave Maria
Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟106,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sure, let force all girls to contracept. Good idea? Anything else you would have the government impose on our children? Maybe we should just take them away from their parents at, say, age 8 and put them into government indoctrination centers. :doh:

Moral education is the best answer to immorality, and that starts in the home.
That's basically what public schools are, government indoctrination centers. That said, I don't think the OP is talking about forcing contraceptives on all 16 year olds but giving them the option to have it. I personally think this is a great idea. Give all 16 year olds the option to go on birth control. That way we can reduce unwanted pregnancies.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟106,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I believe that the answer to this question is quite simple. Uncomfortable for our government, perhaps, but simple nonetheless. We need to educate people, and we need to give people resources that they don't have right now. We need to make "having the baby" a viable option for the soon to be teen mother who can't afford to support herself, let alone another mouth. We need to take care of the poor conditions that many Americans are living in, and we need to give them true sexual education.
I totally agree. In order to reduce abortion, we need to make birth control more widely accepted, used, and affordable. We also need to provide help for those who are pregnant and much more help than we currently provide. Sexuality education is also incredibly important and it must be comprehensive sexuality education!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.