How to learn Biblical Greek myself?

Feb 27, 2014
Texas
✟8,130.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How would a Bible student like myself who has a family to provide for and so can't go to seminary go about learning Biblical Greek, basically in my spare time? I've seen some books by Bill Mounce and Daniel Wallace on getting started and some more intermediate books from them to. Would that be a good place to start or should there be other resources I'm looking at?

May 29, 2011
New Brunswick
✟16,263.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others
Mounce is a good introductory text, and Porter's Greek book is also very good, but you would definitely need to get the work book with whatever text book you have. Also a software like flashworks can be really helpful to learn vocabulary which is one of the big battles in learning Greek.

Upvote 0

James Is Back

CF's Official Locksmith
Aug 21, 2014
Oklahoma
✟32,480.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Mounce is a good introductory text, and Porter's Greek book is also very good, but you would definitely need to get the work book with whatever text book you have. Also a software like flashworks can be really helpful to learn vocabulary which is one of the big battles in learning Greek.

Thanks for the resources. God Bless you always my Brother in Christ!

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
2 different pastors told me that a person would need to learn classical Greek first and then koine Greek, so you would know which grammatical rules were broken by K. G.

That's not true. Koine has its own rules, which are almost the same as Classical. Any good NT Greek text explains what the rules are.

This book by Duff is also good, and has an accompanying web site:

Upvote 0