How to know if something is a good thing to do?

JohnB445

Aug 24, 2018
Illinois
✟176,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I would post this is Christian advice, but I can't find it and think they removed it. So I this was the most suitable place to post this.

For example, how do we know what the best thing is to do, and if we should do it? Like picking this Workout program vs this program. Or buying this Bible over the other Bible, etc.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How do we know what the best thing is to do, and if we should do it? Like picking this Workout program vs this program. Or buying this Bible over the other Bible, etc.

James 1:5
If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.

James 3:17
But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere.

Proverbs 3:13-18
Blessed is the one who finds wisdom, and the one who gets understanding, for the gain from her is better than gain from silver and her profit better than gold. She is more precious than jewels, and nothing you desire can compare with her. Long life is in her right hand; in her left hand are riches and honor. Her ways are ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace. ...

Proverbs 1:7
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Ephesians 5:15-17
Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.

Proverbs 19:20
Listen to advice and accept instruction, that you may gain wisdom in the future.

Proverbs 12:15
The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but a wise man listens to advice.

Proverbs 10:23
Doing wrong is like a joke to a fool, but wisdom is pleasure to a man of understanding.

Colossians 3:16
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.

Proverbs 18:15
An intelligent heart acquires knowledge, and the ear of the wise seeks knowledge.

Proverbs 2:6
For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding;

Psalm 111:10
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; all those who practice it have a good understanding. His praise endures forever!

Proverbs 17:27-28
Whoever restrains his words has knowledge, and he who has a cool spirit is a man of understanding. Even a fool who keeps silent is considered wise; when he closes his lips, he is deemed intelligent.

Luke 21:15
For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which none of your adversaries will be able to withstand or contradict.

Proverbs 16:16
How much better to get wisdom than gold! To get understanding is to be chosen rather than silver.

Proverbs 3:7
Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord, and turn away from evil.

Ecclesiastes 8:1
Who is like the wise? And who knows the interpretation of a thing? A man's wisdom makes his face shine, and the hardness of his face is changed.

Proverbs 9:10
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is insight.

What Does the Bible Say About Wisdom?

Upvote 0

Eha

Jan 6, 2020
Tallinn
✟30,373.00
Country
Estonia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would post this is Christian advice, but I can't find it and think they removed it. So I this was the most suitable place to post this.

For example, how do we know what the best thing is to do, and if we should do it? Like picking this Workout program vs this program. Or buying this Bible over the other Bible, etc.
If you dont hear Holy Spirit clearly yet, then start with
Proverbs 15
22 Plans fail for lack of counsel,
but with many advisers they succeed.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I would post this is Christian advice, but I can't find it and think they removed it. So I thought this was the most suitable place to post this.

CF did not remove the Christian Advice section. It is in the Christian Living forum under Theology.
For example, how do we know what the best thing is to do, and if we should do it? Like picking this workout program vs. this program. Or buying this Bible over the other Bible, etc.

CF also has a Christian Scriptures section so you can ask questions about different Bible versions there. It is always important to ask God to guide you first though, not just trust the opinions of other members.

• Agree
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0