Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
The easiest way to know that God exists is to simply watch and marvel at nature. All of God's Divine attributes, His power, His majesty, and His glory are reflected in nature (Romans 1:20). God bless:).

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,559.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If there is no God, no Jesus, no resurrection - then what is there?

There would be nothing.

No universe.

No sun.

No earth.

No life.

That there is a universe, stars, planets and life means there is a God.
That Jesus as he said is the Life, the Truth and the Way to God.

• Agree
Reactions: JIMINZ
Upvote 0

AnonymitycodeBoanerges

star Child Celestial Birth
Aug 5, 2019
Citizen of Puerto Rico
✟2,621.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
hello hi I'm new here
I like this dream, and this history dreaming of Heaven's wakening and lifting my spirits
Jacob and Joseph types dream and visions Acts 2:17

Genesis 28:12 Then he dreamed, and behold, a ladder was set up on the earth, and its top reached to heaven, and there the angels of God were ascending and descending on it.

Genesis 35:1 Then God said to Jacob, "Arise, go up to Bethel and dwell there; and make an altar there to God, who appeared to you when you fled from the face of Esau your brother."

Genesis 31:11 Then the Angel of God spoke to me in a dream, saying, 'Jacob.' And I said, 'Here I am.'

Genesis 35:6 So Jacob came to Luz (that is, Bethel), which is in the land of Canaan, he and all the people who were with him.

Genesis 35:7 And he built an altar there and called the place El Bethel, because there God appeared to him when he fled from the face of his brother.

Genesis 48:3 Then Jacob said to Joseph: "God Almighty appeared to me at Luz in the land of Canaan and blessed me,

Upvote 0

OzSpen

Oct 15, 2005
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
Visit site
✟125,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
The easiest way to know that God exists is to simply watch and marvel at nature. All of God's Divine attributes, His power, His majesty, and His glory are reflected in nature (Romans 1:20). God bless:).

mukk_in,

The late Francis Schaeffer used to say:

1. “When people refuse God’s answer, they are living against the revelation of the universe and against the revelation of themselves” (The God Who Is There, The Complete Works of Francis A Schaeffer, vol 1, p. 180).

2. Schaeffer put it another way:

The strength of the Christian system – the acid test of it – is that everything fits under the apex of the existing, infinite-personal God, and it is the only system in the world where this is true. No other system has an apex under which everything fits. That is why I am a Christian and no longer an agnostic. In all the other systems something “sticks out,” something cannot be included; it has to be mutilated or ignored. (He Is There and He Is Not Silent, vol 1, p. 339).​

The revelation of the universe is stated clearly in:

Romans 1:19-20 (ESV), “For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.”

The revelation of themselves is clear in:

Romans 2:14-16 (ESV), “For when Gentiles [non-Jews], who do not have the law [of God], by nature do what the law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the law. They show that the work of the law is written on their hearts, while their conscience also bears witness, and their conflicting thoughts accuse or even excuse them on that day when, according to my gospel, God judges the secrets of men by Christ Jesus."

Schaeffer stated:

”At times I get tired of being asked why I don’t just preach the "simple gospel." You have to preach the simple gospel so that it is simple to the person to whom you are talking, so it is no longer simple. The dilemma of modern man is simple: he does not know why man has any meaning. He is lost. Man remains a zero. This is the damnation of our generation, the heart of modern man’s problem....

"It is the Christian who has the answer at this point – a titanic answer! So why have we as Christians gone on saying the great truths in ways that nobody understands? Why do we keep talking to ourselves, if men are lost and we say we love them? Man’s damnation today is that he can find no meaning for man, but if we begin with the personal beginning we have an absolutely opposite situation....

"Only one fills the philosophical need of existence, of Being, and it is the Judeo-Christian God – not just an abstract concept, but rather that this God is really there. He exists. There is no other answer, and orthodox Christians ought to be ashamed of having been defensive for so long. It is not a time to be defensive. There is no other answer. . .

"Christianity is not only true to the dogmas, it is not only true to what God has said in the Bible, but it is also true to what is there, and you will never fall off the end of the world! It is not just an approximate model; it is true to what is there. When the evangelical catches that – when evangelicalism catches that – we may have our revolution” (Francis A. Schaeffer, He Is There and He Is Not Silent in Complete Works (Vol. 1), pp. 285-287, 290).​

G. K. Chesterton once stated that "hell is the greatest compliment God has ever paid to the dignity of human freedom." (in J. Kerby Anderson, ch. 8, "Our lives beyond death," p. 167).

What about others outside of Christ? C. S. Lewis offered the challenge: "If you are worried about the people outside [of Christ], the most unreasonable thing you can do is to remain outside yourself." (C. S. Lewis, Mere Christianity, p. 66).

Since I dialogue with a considerable number of secular Australians, I've found we need to deal with one other issue that comes in this kind of question: 'You say God says in the Bible there is evidence of God's existence in creation and conscience. I'm not convinced the Bible consists of reliable documents. You can't assume such nonsense'. Then follows some typical Aussie expletives.

How many on this forum could demonstrate the Bible consists of reliable documents? Here's a starter: 2,500 Year Old Jewish Tablets Discovered in Iraq | HuffPost

Blessings,
Oz

• Agree
Reactions: mukk_in
Upvote 0

Nigel Malka

Feb 28, 2020
Coventry
Visit site
✟17,947.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
How to know God exists? A very good question and many would say it can only be based on faith whereas I would say also like many it is based on facts/logic and trust
Fact:-nature, everything we see and don't see from DNA to our bodies shows our existence has been designed, ever seed, insect, animal the way nature works is evidence of a creator and as for a name we might as well say God.
Logic:- Our purpose; The way the human race works and thinks, We have built within us the understanding of right (what God wants us to do) and wrong (what God does not want us to do) and the freewill to chose between them, this then This then gives us our purpose of pleasing our creator and being able to be rewarded by being accepted into his kingdom to continue helping him in what comes next.
Trust:- Within is a feeling of certainly that God is working within us which we can witness and the trust is to believe the vast history of others who also have that same certainty that God is within them.
The difficulty:- God can be seen in different ways and in different circumstances and when we experience some element of God's being we can believe that is the only way and become sure that is the only way when it is but one of the ways of knowing our Designer and Creator God.

Upvote 0