Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Man, all that's left for me is to be homeless.
oh, there's far worse things than being homeless.

Don't worry champ, if you want it, you'll get it.

However, to answer seriously.
There's nothing wrong with wanting to be somebody, however, just don't let it become an idol.
God comes first.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How to kill the desire to be someone in life, to be famous, to recognized and to fill special?
I hate this craving!
What makes you think that if you have the ability to be the best. That you shouldn't seek to be the best?

All you need to remember is that you live and work by Jesus's standards not the worlds and that you give the glory to God, it is his work you are doing.

Go for it.

Reactions: Theadorus
Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Funny, the sermon this morning was on this very subject. If I can get it right, the pastor was saying that if we try to "be someone" by the world's standards we'll always come up empty and confused. However, (assuming the OP is a Christian) if we remain aware of who we are in Christ, and use our gifts/talents to serve Him, we will "be someone".

Among other Scripture the pastor pointed to Eph. 2:10 -> "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them."

I recommend you checking out the sermon, which can be watched at Northview Church | Northview Church. (It's part 2 of a series titled I Love My Church.)

Upvote 0

Lord'sWarrior

Jan 14, 2017
Resi
✟24,557.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What makes you think that if you have the ability to be the best. That you shouldn't seek to be the best?

All you need to remember is that you live and work by Jesus's standards not the worlds and that you give the glory to God, it is his work you are doing.

Go for it.
The problem is that I want it but have not special talent, besides doing some graphic art and writing some poetry. It's just a want without purpose.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's just a want without purpose
Doesn't matter seek to be the best you can at what ever you are doing. If filling shelves, fill them propely, if writting then work at it.
You may not change the whole world but you can change the bit you occupie and affect those you are with.

Reactions: Lord'sWarrior
Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Seek no recognition for your self. No desire to be seen of man.
Seek only God. When one comes to the revelation that we are naught but
evil and truly need a savoir. That heart truly desires to give recognition
only to the ONE who saved it. Seek to do all things not for any to notice you .
Just truly do all as unto God. Unto the one who saved us. Do all from a simple
mind that desires all recognition to God. And some will see that and be drawn to
His light that is within. But have no personal thoughts for any personal recognition.
Pride kills the walk with God. Anything we do therefore should not be
for any personal praise , recognition . We simply do our good works
And let GOD get all the glory , recognition. And we will have the peace
joy , that only one who knows the Lord in spirit and truth can have.
Therfore when you do your alms , works , prayers, Do not
be as the Pharisees.........they do it to be seen of men and to be recognized
and praised by men. they do it for SELF exaltation and recognition. TO be seen
as SOMEBODY . Have no thoughts of any self exaltation. Have only
thoughts where God alone be exalted. Amen and forever praise the Lord.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What shall I receive at the hands of men...............persecution and tribulation
is the badge of honor for serving the Lord. I expect naught
but tribulation from this world. But rest assured when it comes My peace
will remain. Seek no honor which comes from man. Seek
only the honor of knowing the Lord in all times , good or bad.
Do all for the sake of others. put their welfare above your own.
Take the loss of all things without fear, and desire no gain from this world.
Desire simply this..............to know Christ even better in this life. amen.
Praise the Lord peoples , praise the LORD and sing with thunderous praises
of thanksgiving from a truly thankful heart . Amen.

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
There's nothing wrong with wanting to make a difference in the world.
Their is IF , you desire to be SEEN and recognized for it by men. Seek
only the honor which comes From GOD alone.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Theadorus

Site Supporter
May 9, 2017
Colorado springs
✟124,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The problem is that I want it but have not special talent, besides doing some graphic art and writing some poetry. It's just a want without purpose.

just throwing this out there real quick before I make a response, but others are right, we shouldn't be seeking glory from man, but rather form God. Now with that being said,

Is there anything that God has spoken to you in your heart? Like a desire, or call towards something? What comes easy to you? What can you do easily that other's struggle with? Like someone else already said, be the best you can with what you have now. If you are good at graphic design, then be the best that you can be at it. Know it inside and out, and allow God to open doors in that area of your life. God can use anything to glorify his name.

God has gotten glory time and time again just by me being a caregiver. People know that I'm a believer, and they praise God's name that I'm working for them, rather than someone who would take advantage of their loved one. I have people offer me jobs knowing that I'm a believer. They want someone in their home they can trust, and they know they can trust me to be good to their loved one. I do my best to be a witness by my actions for Christ, and people take notice of it and give thanks to God for it.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Symph

Jul 6, 2017
NASHVILLE
✟90,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How to kill the desire to be someone in life, to be famous, to recognized and to fill special?
I hate this craving!
I don't think it's impossible that the craving isn't put there by God, you may be someone chosen for a special and public role for Christ. I think the problem is just... if you fantasize about "being someone" it should be so you can direct all that attention to Christ. It's also important that you keep in mind that only God could make such a thing happen, and it will only be by submitting to him he'd allow you to have such a life.

But I mean, I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to get pretty recognized for my music, I definitely think God wants me to get an album finished and try to get as out there as possible, I don't think it's because of some selfish desire, this has been on my heart since I first began creating music. But I feel like God made me "go through the desert" for years to show me I could never pull it off on my own, and to give him thanks all the way. So we'll see what happens eh? Do you have a talent that you feel is meant to "catupult you to success?"

Upvote 0

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Their is IF , you desire to be SEEN and recognized for it by men. Seek
only the honor which comes From GOD alone.
I don't assume this to be the motive of everyone who would desire to do something to benefit mankind or someone who simply wants to be a productive member of society.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lord'sWarrior

Jan 14, 2017
Resi
✟24,557.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I don't think it's impossible that the craving isn't put there by God, you may be someone chosen for a special and public role for Christ. I think the problem is just... if you fantasize about "being someone" it should be so you can direct all that attention to Christ. It's also important that you keep in mind that only God could make such a thing happen, and it will only be by submitting to him he'd allow you to have such a life.

But I mean, I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to get pretty recognized for my music, I definitely think God wants me to get an album finished and try to get as out there as possible, I don't think it's because of some selfish desire, this has been on my heart since I first began creating music. But I feel like God made me "go through the desert" for years to show me I could never pull it off on my own, and to give him thanks all the way. So we'll see what happens eh? Do you have a talent that you feel is meant to "catupult you to success?"
Since my 20's I've always wanted to help people who were emotionally suffering as I was (and am) back then. And still want to do that today. But I can't do it because I'm suffering. It's too painful. Some know here on the forum that I battle with a mental illness, and if I could somehow with the help of God be in a better place I would do what was necessary to help people in this situation also. But God has to change this pain in me. That is the only desire I have since my 20's, I'm on my mid 30's. And only came to Jesus Christ in a middle of a psychosis crisis a year and some months ago.
But yeah. I would want to help people if I would get out of this suffering.

• Optimistic
  • Prayers
Reactions: zay and Symph
Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't assume this to be the motive of everyone who would desire to do something to benefit mankind or someone who simply wants to be a productive member of society.
Just go back and read what this man first said. The person wants the desire
to be famous etc KILLED. This is a GOOD THING. And the simple truth
to share with them, just peacefully came to me. Oh may the cleansing words
of our Lord cleanse our minds daily as we feed from His sayings ,
as we are led of His spirit , which Magnifes His sayings. amen.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Symph

Jul 6, 2017
NASHVILLE
✟90,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since my 20's I've always wanted to help people who were emotionally suffering as I was (and am) back then. And still want to do that today. But I can't do it because I'm suffering. It's too painful. Some know here on the forum that I battle with a mental illness, and if I could somehow with the help of God be in a better place I would do what was necessary to help people in this situation also. But God has to change this pain in me. That is the only desire I have since my 20's, I'm on my mid 30's. And only came to Jesus Christ in a middle of a psychosis crisis a year and some months ago.
But yeah. I would want to help people if I would get out of this suffering.
I see... my wife has mild autism and it can make emotional processing very difficult for her. I understand the hurdles of having a condition of the mind. You may find out you have it backwards. I waited for years to feel "ready" to evangelize and help people, only to come to the conclusion that God intended me to step out in small ways BEFORE I felt ready, knees shaking, hands trembling, terrified to the bone, I had to start there. It was pushing out in that fear that caused the fear to lessen, so I guess I'm just saying, consider the possibility that you don't need to get rid of this pain to help others with theirs, perhaps you need to help others with their pain to get rid of your own.

I'm not saying I fully think that's the answer, just want to see if you've considered it a possibility.

• Agree
Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Just ponder this friendly advice.
In james , he said that a double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
Also the spirit of fear is not from the Lord.
He gives us a sound mind. This can all be so easily cast behind you.
First we pray in the name of Christ , this spirit be cast off you.
You , though must begin afresh and anew seeking Him from the whole heart.
You must also get grounded in the Holy scrips , the sayings of Christ.
In life many will offer you many opinions , and how often
I see mans opinions contrary to JESUS sayings.
Therefore my strong advice to you, is begin afresh in the words of OUR LORD
and of the true apostels and men who wrote those letters to the churches.
The Lord convicted you about your own personal thoughts. HE did that
and you asked for help. Well here is the advice to go back
into Only the bible and feed from JESUS sayings , and the apostels who
wrote to the churches. Let the words of Christ , coupled with the Holy Spirit
cleanse , reshape your mind . And I will be praying for you.

Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you have a talent that you feel is meant to "catupult you to success?"
I certainly don't want to set myself up as some sort of example, but I think this is a problem mentality. We should be serving Christ without worrying about "success". For example, I teach Revelation and I'm a writer, so naturally I wrote a book on Revelation and posted it on Amazon. I'm not getting any money for it. My goal in writing it was simply to teach whoever happened to get it. So I am serving Christ through my book but it's by no means catapulting me to success, and that was not my intention.

Upvote 0