Not open for further replies.

gwynedd1

Senior Veteran
Jul 18, 2006
✟18,093.00
Faith
Christian
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071007/wl_nm/palestinians_israel_rocket_dc

Fire a rocket into an open field and wait for the Israeli reaction.

How to kill even more? Hope it kills some random Israeli who has nothing to do with any of it and cause a massive reaction from Israel.

Make no mistake , the worst enemy of the average Palestinian are these idiots.

Any one who kills their "enemy" and knows the reaction murders their "friends".

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071007/wl_nm/palestinians_israel_rocket_dc

Fire a rocket into an open field and wait for the Israeli reaction.

How to kill even more? Hope it kills some random Israeli who has nothing to do with any of it and cause a massive reaction from Israel.

Make no mistake , the worst enemy of the average Palestinian are these idiots.

Any one who kills their "enemy" and knows the reaction murders their "friends".

Oh my goodness . .. what a short sighted rendition of the facts on the ground.

Hardly anyone here seems to care that the REASON such activites take place is because ISRAEL has stirred the hornet's nest, and has always stirred the hornest's nest and plans to continue stirring the hornet's nest, acting as the bully on the play ground that tuants until the first punch is thrown, and then blames the other for throwing the punch it was taunting them to ellicit in the first place.

Israel is a Zionist regime, and as such has what is called the IRON WALL policy, which is deliberately designed to maintian a social and psychological "wall" between the Palestinians and Israel that is so intense and negative in its effects on the Palesetinains, that they are left with only one choice . . TO FIGHT . . . and the IRON WALL directive requires that this state be maintained indefinitely, until the goal is accomplished, ie that the Palestinians LOOSE ALL HOPE . . TOTALLY HOPLESS, and then they will be totally and completely controllable, doing anything Israel wants.

So, when the rocket is launched into Israeli territory, it is BECAUSE of this IRON WALL by Israel and is part of the desired effect, for then it gives Israel excuse to be even more heavy handed, creating a more intolerable IRON WALL between them, inciting more of the ONLY CHOICE to fight back . . . .

This is a perpetual cycle of violence perpetuated by ISRAEL's "IRON WALL" policy!

Failing to acknowledge this as the real cause of violence between the two groups leads only to perpetuation of the ignorance of the truth the Zionist propaganda is designed to perpetuate.

If the land promised Abraham had been Germany, it would be the Germans today suffering instead of the Palestinians.

If the land promised Abraham had been France, it would be the French today suffering instead of the Palestinians.

If the land promised to Abraham had been England, it would be the English suffering today instead of the Palestinians.

This is not an Arab/Jew conflict. . . this is a Zionist created and maintained conflict.. . .

Upvote 0

Tanakh

Defender of Zion
Jul 25, 2007
✟9,467.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single

Hardly anyone here seems to care that the REASON such activites take place is because ISRAEL has stirred the hornet's nest, and has always stirred the hornest's nest and plans to continue stirring the hornet's nest, acting as the bully on the play ground that tuants until the first punch is thrown, and then blames the other for throwing the punch it was taunting them to ellicit in the first place.

Israel is a Zionist regime, and as such has what is called the IRON WALL policy, which is deliberately designed to maintian a social and psychological "wall" between the Palestinians and Israel that is so intense and negative in its effects on the Palesetinains, that they are left with only one choice . . TO FIGHT . . . and the IRON WALL directive requires that this state be maintained indefinitely, until the goal is accomplished, ie that the Palestinians LOOSE ALL HOPE . . TOTALLY HOPLESS, and then they will be totally and completely controllable, doing anything Israel wants.

So, when the rocket is launched into Israeli territory, it is BECAUSE of this IRON WALL by Israel and is part of the desired effect, for then it gives Israel excuse to be even more heavy handed, creating a more intolerable IRON WALL between them, inciting more of the ONLY CHOICE to fight back . . . .

This is a perpetual cycle of violence perpetuated by ISRAEL's "IRON WALL" policy!

Failing to acknowledge this as the real cause of violence between the two groups leads only to perpetuation of the ignorance of the truth the Zionist propaganda is designed to perpetuate.

If the land promised Abraham had been Germany, it would be the Germans today suffering instead of the Palestinians.

If the land promised Abraham had been France, it would be the French today suffering instead of the Palestinians.

If the land promised to Abraham had been England, it would be the English suffering today instead of the Palestinians.

This is not an Arab/Jew conflict. . . this is a Zionist created and maintained conflict.. . .

My gosh Hitler would be so very proud of you. The reason their is a wall is so that "Palestinians" don't go into Israel "proper" and blow up Israeli buses or blow up restaurants or go on shooting rampages. I hate the wall because it makes it harder for us Jews to go and regain all of Israel because if Israel were to go and get all of our lands back it would be that much harder for the Kassam rockets to hit Tel Aviv or Ashkelon and even Jerusalem itself. Sense you have just admitted to the "right" of the "Palestinians" use of the Intifada by using force against Israel then you are just giving me reason believe that you don't only hate the secular state but also Judaism itself for if one of these rockets were to inadvertently (most likely on purpose) hit a Holy site and not only destroy it but kill those who are their for worship I wonder would you still be for the Intifada then or are you in the fight all the way. Actually the "cycle of violence" is also perpetuated by those such as yourself as well and sense you also say the "Palestinians" only choice is to fight back then my only recourse is to destroy them. And sense your usage of the "what if" scenario that if the land had been given to Germany, France or England clearly tells me you see the Torah and thus G-d's word as void because it states in the Torah in several verses that G-d promised the land to us Jews and our descendants for all time, so either you think that Jesus made that promise void or you are just ignoring the promise all together. And by the way this is not a Zionist created conflict but one between Zion and Islam, Christianity and secularism.

Reactions: Gwenyfur
Upvote 0

gwynedd1

Senior Veteran
Jul 18, 2006
✟18,093.00
Faith
Christian

Hello thereselittleflower,

In this case I did not go into the root cause. I look at the results. The only result is a political victory for Israeli hard liners. A militarily strong and politically weak entity loves a pretext. It was a pretext like this that created the wall. The statement I offer is a simple reality.
The only hope Palestinians have is world sympathy. If violent reaction is the only way then Palestinians are doomed already.
This means they are destructive idiots, patsies fulfilling a political agenda, or outright false terror.

Upvote 0

gwynedd1

Senior Veteran
Jul 18, 2006
✟18,093.00
Faith
Christian
My gosh Hitler would be so very proud of you. The reason their is a wall is so that "Palestinians" don't go into Israel "proper" and blow up Israeli buses or blow up restaurants or go on shooting rampages. I hate the wall because it makes it harder for us Jews to go and regain all of Israel because if Israel were to go and get all of our lands back it would be that much harder for the Kassam rockets to hit Tel Aviv or Ashkelon and even Jerusalem itself. Sense you have just admitted to the "right" of the "Palestinians" use of the Intifada by using force against Israel then you are just giving me reason believe that you don't only hate the secular state but also Judaism itself for if one of these rockets were to inadvertently (most likely on purpose) hit a Holy site and not only destroy it but kill those who are their for worship I wonder would you still be for the Intifada then or are you in the fight all the way. Actually the "cycle of violence" is also perpetuated by those such as yourself as well and sense you also say the "Palestinians" only choice is to fight back then my only recourse is to destroy them. And sense your usage of the "what if" scenario that if the land had been given to Germany, France or England clearly tells me you see the Torah and thus G-d's word as void because it states in the Torah in several verses that G-d promised the land to us Jews and our descendants for all time, so either you think that Jesus made that promise void or you are just ignoring the promise all together. And by the way this is not a Zionist created conflict but one between Zion and Islam, Christianity and secularism.

Hello Tanakh,

I think you offer a false dichotomy. There was a reason Judaism split so radically between Rabbinic and Christian teaching. It was the fulfillment of that promise.
I would say science agrees that the Earth as we know it will pass. That alone creates difficulties for "all time".
Looking at Galatians , Hebrews and the Gospels we hear that worship will not occur in Jerusalem but in spirit. We are told flesh will not enter the kingdom of heaven. Jesus said his kingship is not of this world. Paul said Jerusalem on earth is a city of slaves. There is not reference to a fleshly and earthly fulfillment in the New Testament. That is one of the main divisions between Rabbinic Judaism and Christianity.
What you are offering is the old lie that resulted in the disaster of 70 AD. I have always offered anyone to show me a single verse in the New Testament that explains how such an earthly kingdom is to be expected.
So from my point of view I have trouble distinguishing between the false road of Islam and Zionism.

Upvote 0

Tanakh

Defender of Zion
Jul 25, 2007
✟9,467.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Hello Tanakh,

I think you offer a false dichotomy. There was a reason Judaism split so radically between Rabbinic and Christian teaching. It was the fulfillment of that promise.
I would say science agrees that the Earth as we know it will pass. That alone creates difficulties for "all time".
Looking at Galatians , Hebrews and the Gospels we hear that worship will not occur in Jerusalem but in spirit. We are told flesh will not enter the kingdom of heaven. Jesus said his kingship is not of this world. Paul said Jerusalem on earth is a city of slaves. There is not reference to a fleshly and earthly fulfillment in the New Testament. That is one of the main divisions between Rabbinic Judaism and Christianity.
What you are offering is the old lie that resulted in the disaster of 70 AD. I have always offered anyone to show me a single verse in the New Testament that explains how such an earthly kingdom is to be expected.
So from my point of view I have trouble distinguishing between the false road of Islam and Zionism.

:sigh: :doh: Well unless you plan on converting every Jew to Christianity then you will get nowhere. The Torah promised G-d to Israel, pure and simple and if as a result of holding to that promise we Jews are to be compared to Islam in their war on us then that smacks in the face of hypocrisy. And for the record their was no split between Rabbinic law and Christian law as the two were never in agrement in the first place so therefore their could not have been a split unless of course you are talking about those Jews in the early years of christianity who went towards Christianity and thus broke way from Judaism. The destruction of Jerusalem in 70ce resulted in war between true Jews defending G-d's Torah and those hellenistic Jews and Rome wanting to destroy it. Thus I find very hard to distinguish between Islam and Christianity's war on Zion.

Upvote 0

gwynedd1

Senior Veteran
Jul 18, 2006
✟18,093.00
Faith
Christian
:sigh: :doh: Well unless you plan on converting every Jew to Christianity then you will get nowhere.

Hello Tanakh,

That is a very odd point of view for a Jew. Judaism has a history of disposing of unrepentant Jews. Why would every Jew need to be converted? Only for their sakes. Christianity also seems to view that most will fall away and in this case Christianity and Judaism is in agreement. Jesus said "narrow is the gate".
Jeremiah 24
The Lord showed me two baskets of figs placed before the temple of the Lord. This was after King Nebuchadrezzar of Babylon had taken into exile from Jerusalem King Jeconiah son of Jehoiakim of Judah, together with the officials of Judah, the artisans, and the smiths, and had brought them to Babylon. 2One basket had very good figs, like first-ripe figs, but the other basket had very bad figs, so bad that they could not be eaten. 3And the Lord said to me, ‘What do you see, Jeremiah?’ I said, ‘Figs, the good figs very good, and the bad figs very bad, so bad that they cannot be eaten.

I never expect to be further than the truth. If everyone thought east was west what does it matter? the truth remains.

The Torah promised G-d to Israel, pure and simple

But what land Tanakh? Where is the land? What is the land? If it is forever then no land on Earth. How can God keep his promise with a perishable Earth?

Isaiah 66
22For as the new heavens and the new earth,
which I will make,
shall remain before me, says the Lord,
so shall your descendants and your name remain.

So it seems to me if Israel is the land of promise then we are going to need a massive air rescue.

and if as a result of holding to that promise we Jews are to be compared to Islam in their war on us then that smacks in the face of hypocrisy.
From the Christian point of view to take sides is hypocrisy. Crusaders, Zealots and Jihadis are basically the same from a Christian point of view with the exception that Crusaders are the worst of all as being fallen in the faith.

Matthew 5
‘Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.

There are no directives towards was and conquest that is common between Islam and Judaism. You are not a hypocrite but Crusaders certainly are.

And for the record their was no split between Rabbinic law and Christian law as the two were never in agrement in the first place so therefore their could not have been a split unless of course you are talking about those Jews in the early years of christianity who went towards Christianity and thus broke way from Judaism.

You are speaking with a modern bias. Christianity is a legitimate branch of Judaism as any. All early Christians were Jews and they simply were inclusive and one took a spiritual path while the other a material world path. The so called monotheism of Judaism is no different from Christianity. God is a Will, not a manifestation. That is why true Judaism has God having a single Will but a plural manifestation.

1 Genesis 26
Then God said, ‘Let us make humankind* in our image, according to our likeness;

Isaiah 6
8Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, ‘Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?’

The destruction of Jerusalem in 70ce resulted in war between true Jews defending G-d's Torah and those hellenistic Jews and Rome wanting to destroy it. Thus I find very hard to distinguish between Islam and Christianity's war on Zion.

Christianity has no legitimate war on flesh. It is done in its name but there is no actual scripture to support it. Judaism is also rather doubtful without obvious divine intervention. F16s, for example , do not have the flavor of Gideon's 300 men against the Midianites.
Islam on the other hand is really the faith of a warlord so war is definitely an option for the faithful .

Upvote 0

Tanakh

Defender of Zion
Jul 25, 2007
✟9,467.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Hello Tanakh,

That is a very odd point of view for a Jew. Judaism has a history of disposing of unrepentant Jews. Why would every Jew need to be converted? Only for their sakes. Christianity also seems to view that most will fall away and in this case Christianity and Judaism is in agreement. Jesus said "narrow is the gate".
Jeremiah 24

I never expect to be further than the truth. If everyone thought east was west what does it matter? the truth remains.

But what land Tanakh? Where is the land? What is the land? If it is forever then no land on Earth. How can God keep his promise with a perishable Earth?

Isaiah 66

So it seems to me if Israel is the land of promise then we are going to need a massive air rescue.

From the Christian point of view to take sides is hypocrisy. Crusaders, Zealots and Jihadis are basically the same from a Christian point of view with the exception that Crusaders are the worst of all as being fallen in the faith.

Matthew 5

There are no directives towards was and conquest that is common between Islam and Judaism. You are not a hypocrite but Crusaders certainly are.

You are speaking with a modern bias. Christianity is a legitimate branch of Judaism as any. All early Christians were Jews and they simply were inclusive and one took a spiritual path while the other a material world path. The so called monotheism of Judaism is no different from Christianity. God is a Will, not a manifestation. That is why true Judaism has God having a single Will but a plural manifestation.

1 Genesis 26

Isaiah 6

Christianity has no legitimate war on flesh. It is done in its name but there is no actual scripture to support it. Judaism is also rather doubtful without obvious divine intervention. F16s, for example , do not have the flavor of Gideon's 300 men against the Midianites.
Islam on the other hand is really the faith of a warlord so war is definitely an option for the faithful .

How is what I said odd for a Jew to say? If it is Christianity's intention to convert all Jews to follow Jesus then what I am saying is that you would have to kill us as no sane Jew will convert to any faith. The land is the land of Israel and G-d promised it to us and the earth as we now see it will be destroyed but how does that keep G-d from a promise for so long as the world exist the promise and thus the mandate will remain. Massive air rescue, hmmm........? Christianity is NOT a branch of Judaism as they have nothing in common other then the fact that Christianity was possibly started by a Jew yet believe me when I say that 99% of it is the complete opposite of Judaism as Christianity is not pure Monotheism with the concept of the Trinity. Jewish law also states that the Messiah will be human, yes, but that he will not be G-d as G-d cannot come in any physical form and thus cannot be conceived in the physical in any way. G-d declared war justice on those who march against us so yes in that regard Judaism is of the sword for how can we defend the law without violence if our mandate is confronted?

Upvote 0

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
Hello thereselittleflower,

In this case I did not go into the root cause. I look at the results. The only result is a political victory for Israeli hard liners. A militarily strong and politically weak entity loves a pretext. It was a pretext like this that created the wall. The statement I offer is a simple reality.
The only hope Palestinians have is world sympathy. If violent reaction is the only way then Palestinians are doomed already.
This means they are destructive idiots, patsies fulfilling a political agenda, or outright false terror.

Looking at the results without looking at the root causes is nothing more than an exercise in futility.

Gandhi himself called for the Palestinians to follow his example of peaceful resistance. But at the same time acknowledged that they would find it very difficult, even though it would be the best way.

He also said no blame could be laid upon them for resisting using force as they were the victims responding to the agressor:

"My sympathy does not blind me to the requirements of justice. The cry for the national home for the Jews does not make much appeal to me. The sanction for it is sought in the Bible and in the tenacity with which the Jews have hankered after their return to Palestine. Why should they not, like other peoples of the earth, make that country their home where they are born and where they earn their livelihood?"

Gandhi went back to his initial position by categorically stating that "But in my opinion, they [the Jews] have erred grievously in seeking to impose themselves on Palestine with the aid of America and Britain and now with the aid of naked terrorism... Why should they depend on American money or British arms for forcing themselves on an unwelcome land? Why should they resort to terrorism to make good their forcible landing in Palestine?"

http://www.twf.org/News/Y2001/0815-GandhiZionism.html

Palestine belongs to the Arabs in the same sense that England belongs to the English or France to the French. It is wrong and inhuman to impose the Jews on the Arabs. What is going on in Palestine today cannot be justified by any moral code of conduct. The mandates have no sanction but that of the last war. Surely it would be a crime against humanity to reduce the proud Arabs so that Palestine can be restored to the Jews partly or wholly as their national home.

.....I am not defending the Arab excesses. I wish they had chosen the way of non-violence in resisting what they rightly regarded as an unwarrantable encroachment upon their country. But according to the accepted canons of right and wrong, nothing can be said against the Arab resistance in the face of overwhelming odds.

http://www.kamat.com/mmgandhi/mideast.htm

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GorrionGris

...but the greatest of these is Love
Nov 15, 2006
Gran Canaria, Spain
✟9,212.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Well I am afraid that I must disagree with Gandhi on this one; I support the existence of Israel, and I don't think that terrorism, the deliberated kidnapping and murder of civilians and even non-Israelis or the wanton bombing practised by (Tanakh: read this) many Palestinian groups is not justified, and cannot be justified at all.

No flag is worth the blood of a child.

Upvote 0

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
So why is the same terrorism acceptable when committed by Zionists, pre and post state of Israel?

You focus on one side, and appear to ignore the attrocities on the other which set and lit the fuse in the first place.

That is the rank terrorism Gandhi was referring to above. . . .

Upvote 0

Tanakh

Defender of Zion
Jul 25, 2007
✟9,467.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
So why is the same terrorism acceptable when committed by Zionists, pre and post state of Israel?

You focus on one side, and appear to ignore the attrocities on the other which set and lit the fuse in the first place.

I find it amazing that you keep focusing on Israel for "human rights violations" when for example Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Iran, or the Sudan and others for I have yet to see you make a post about their clear violations of "human rights" as dictated by the UN and others unless of course you have some hidden agenda (which you do). And by the way Gandhi was an idiot for he helped cause the creation of Pakistan for not standing for true Hinduism and for India; clearly if you want to discuss the creation of the so-called "racist state" Pakistan fits that picture way more then Israel. Unless of course you think the creation of Pakistan was a good thing for they are occupying Indian land and killing Hindus? But then again sense you have said that you support the "Palestinian" Intifada it would not shock me to see you say Pakistan is better then Israel.

Upvote 0

GorrionGris

...but the greatest of these is Love
Nov 15, 2006
Gran Canaria, Spain
✟9,212.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

It is never acceptable.

Upvote 0

Micah68

Discerning
Aug 8, 2007
Florida
Visit site
✟9,333.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Looking at the results without looking at the root causes is nothing more than an exercise in futility.

Gandhi himself called for the Palestinians to follow his example of peaceful resistance. But at the same time acknowledged that they would find it very difficult, even though it would be the best way.

He also said no blame could be laid upon them for resisting using force as they were the victims responding to the agressor:

"My sympathy does not blind me to the requirements of justice. The cry for the national home for the Jews does not make much appeal to me. The sanction for it is sought in the Bible and in the tenacity with which the Jews have hankered after their return to Palestine. Why should they not, like other peoples of the earth, make that country their home where they are born and where they earn their livelihood?"

Gandhi went back to his initial position by categorically stating that "But in my opinion, they [the Jews] have erred grievously in seeking to impose themselves on Palestine with the aid of America and Britain and now with the aid of naked terrorism... Why should they depend on American money or British arms for forcing themselves on an unwelcome land? Why should they resort to terrorism to make good their forcible landing in Palestine?"

Palestine belongs to the Arabs in the same sense that England belongs to the English or France to the French. It is wrong and inhuman to impose the Jews on the Arabs. What is going on in Palestine today cannot be justified by any moral code of conduct. The mandates have no sanction but that of the last war. Surely it would be a crime against humanity to reduce the proud Arabs so that Palestine can be restored to the Jews partly or wholly as their national home.

.....I am not defending the Arab excesses. I wish they had chosen the way of non-violence in resisting what they rightly regarded as an unwarrantable encroachment upon their country. But according to the accepted canons of right and wrong, nothing can be said against the Arab resistance in the face of overwhelming odds.

The thing is if you beat a dog long enough it WILL turn on you and bite. I think no one can disagree with the fact the both sides are responsible for violence against innocents....BUT one is definitely the result of the other, as is often stated (and this is not directed at anyone but just a statement) "It is the Occupation stupid!"
The Palestinians are the perfect example of the 'aggressor's blaming the victims' especially as played out by the media.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

gwynedd1

Senior Veteran
Jul 18, 2006
✟18,093.00
Faith
Christian
How is what I said odd for a Jew to say? If it is Christianity's intention to convert all Jews to follow Jesus
Tanakh,

Well this is simply false. It is commonly known as "shake the dust off the feet" and leave for those not who are not receptive. Please show me any scripture that says differently. As I said it is a rather odd position you take.

then what I am saying is that you would have to kill us as no sane Jew will convert to any faith.
I was not aware killing was an effective means of gaining followers. That is not a Christian belief of any kind.

The land is the land of Israel and G-d promised it to us and the earth as we now see it will be destroyed but how does that keep G-d from a promise for so long as the world exist the promise and thus the mandate will remain.
God did not say as long as the land remains. Adding to scripture does not clarify.

Massive air rescue, hmmm........? Christianity is NOT a branch of Judaism as they have nothing in common other then the fact that Christianity was possibly started by a Jew yet believe me when I say that 99% of it is the complete opposite of Judaism as Christianity is not pure Monotheism with the concept of the Trinity.
I do agree that failing to understand true Judaism leads one astray. Modern Rabbinic Judaism and Christianity are very different because of the fundamental differences of flesh and spirit, Law and spirit of the Law. However you have no better claim to legitimate line of Judaism 2000 years ago than those that founded Christianity.

Jewish law also states that the Messiah will be human, yes, but that he will not be G-d as G-d cannot come in any physical form and thus cannot be conceived in the physical in any way. G-d declared war justice on those who march against us so yes in that regard Judaism is of the sword for how can we defend the law without violence if our mandate is confronted?
And yet you have no answer for this.

Isaiah 9
6For a child has been born for us,
a son given to us;
authority rests upon his shoulders;
and he is named
Wonderful Counsellor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
7His authority shall grow continually,
and there shall be endless peace
for the throne of David and his kingdom.
He will establish and uphold it
with justice and with righteousness
from this time onwards and for evermore.
The zeal of the Lord of hosts will do this.

Judgement on Arrogance and Oppression

Upvote 0

Tanakh

Defender of Zion
Jul 25, 2007
✟9,467.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Tanakh,

Well this is simply false. It is commonly known as "shake the dust off the feet" and leave for those not who are not receptive. Please show me any scripture that says differently. As I said it is a rather odd position you take.

I was not aware killing was an effective means of gaining followers. That is not a Christian belief of any kind.

God did not say as long as the land remains. Adding to scripture does not clarify.

I do agree that failing to understand true Judaism leads one astray. Modern Rabbinic Judaism and Christianity are very different because of the fundamental differences of flesh and spirit, Law and spirit of the Law. However you have no better claim to legitimate line of Judaism 2000 years ago than those that founded Christianity.

And yet you have no answer for this.

Isaiah 9

I was not aware killing was effective in gaining followers either yet Christianity in relation to us Jews shows otherwise (not that it was because what the church as done is not effective). Again G-d said the land of Israel belongs to us Jews for all time as He promised in His Torah:

Genesis 13:14-17 "HASHEM said to Abram after Lot had parted from him, "Raise now your eyes and look out from where you are: northward, southward, eastward and westward. For all the land that you see, to you will I give it, and to your descendants forever. I will make your offspring as the dust of the earth so that if one can count the dust of the earth, then your offspring, too, can be counted. Arise, walk about the land through its length and breadth! For to you will I give it."

I don't think G-d can make it any clearer then that. Those Jews that converted to Christianity forfeited their right to be called Jews and thus gave up their share in the world to come. Are you saying that the Judaism of today is not legitimate because if you are then tell me where it is flawed?

Upvote 0

gwynedd1

Senior Veteran
Jul 18, 2006
✟18,093.00
Faith
Christian
I was not aware killing was effective in gaining followers either yet Christianity in relation to us Jews shows otherwise (not that it was because what the church as done is not effective). Again G-d said the land of Israel belongs to us Jews for all time as He promised in His Torah:

Genesis 13:14-17 "HASHEM said to Abram after Lot had parted from him, "Raise now your eyes and look out from where you are: northward, southward, eastward and westward. For all the land that you see, to you will I give it, and to your descendants forever. I will make your offspring as the dust of the earth so that if one can count the dust of the earth, then your offspring, too, can be counted. Arise, walk about the land through its length and breadth! For to you will I give it."

I don't think G-d can make it any clearer then that. Those Jews that converted to Christianity forfeited their right to be called Jews and thus gave up their share in the world to come. Are you saying that the Judaism of today is not legitimate because if you are then tell me where it is flawed?

Hello Tanakh,

Certainly I would view modern Judaism as flawed else I would not be a Christian.
The objections to Christianity as having no real roots in Judaism is certainly flawed. Its in the scriptures. You have no answer to Genesis or Isaiah so it is ignored. Christianity has a neither a singular notion of God nor a plural one because God is beyond its understanding. We do not know the manifestations of God's Will. God's Will is about the only singular notion I feel comfortable in mentioning. You certainly attribute pixels on a screen to my will because it is how I am manifest to you.

The scripture tells you in Genesis and Isaiah that God has a plural nature with the word Us and Our. People have a plural nature. Isaiah also says plainly a child will be called God. It does not get any plainer than that. That you ignore it does not make it go away.

God tells you again in Psalms

Psalms 45
6Your throne, O God,* endures for ever and ever.
Your royal sceptre is a sceptre of equity;
7 you love righteousness and hate wickedness.
Therefore God, your God, has anointed you
with the oil of gladness beyond your companions;
8 your robes are all fragrant with myrrh and aloes and cassia.
From ivory palaces stringed instruments make you glad;
9 daughters of kings are among your ladies of honour;
at your right hand stands the queen in gold of Ophir.

God has a God? So much for modern Judaism making any sense . Christianity makes perfect sense in this case since my Will is greater than my head and my head greater than my hand, all still me. Things that are singular are nothing more than human frames of reference not worthy of God.

Here was also see Abraham is to be the father of many nations. I would say 14 million Jews is rather few and more or less a single nation.

Genesis 17
3Then Abram fell on his face; and God said to him, 4‘As for me, this is my covenant with you: You shall be the ancestor of a multitude of nations. 5No longer shall your name be Abram,* but your name shall be Abraham;* for I have made you the ancestor of a multitude of nations. 6I will make you exceedingly fruitful; and I will make nations of you, and kings shall come from you. 7I will establish my covenant between me and you, and your offspring after you throughout their generations, for an everlasting covenant, to be God to you and to your offspring* after you. 8And I will give to you, and to your offspring after you, the land where you are now an alien, all the land of Canaan, for a perpetual holding; and I will be their God.’

What is you explanation for Zechariah 11?

9So I said, ‘I will not be your shepherd. What is to die, let it die; what is to be destroyed, let it be destroyed; and let those that are left devour the flesh of one another!’ 10I took my staff Favour and broke it, annulling the covenant that I had made with all the peoples.

What covenant was broken? God told you he would break the covenant of Moses in Jeremiah. So when will that be on your watch?

This is from Zechariah 14. Does this seem like anything on Earth?
6 On that day there shall not be* either cold or frost.* 7And there shall be continuous day (it is known to the Lord), not day and not night, for at evening time there shall be light.

The most problematic of all is Daniel 9. The date was clear from the rebuilding of the city(not the temple). While the word is anointed one it is an anointed one who does the following. Who did that around the turn of the millennium?

Daniel 9
Seventy weeks are decreed for your people and your holy city: to finish the transgression, to put an end to sin, and to atone for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal both vision and prophet, and to anoint a most holy place.*

Upvote 0

Tanakh

Defender of Zion
Jul 25, 2007
✟9,467.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Hello Tanakh,

Certainly I would view modern Judaism as flawed else I would not be a Christian.
The objections to Christianity as having no real roots in Judaism is certainly flawed. Its in the scriptures. You have no answer to Genesis or Isaiah so it is ignored. Christianity has a neither a singular notion of God nor a plural one because God is beyond its understanding. We do not know the manifestations of God's Will. God's Will is about the only singular notion I feel comfortable in mentioning. You certainly attribute pixels on a screen to my will because it is how I am manifest to you.

The scripture tells you in Genesis and Isaiah that God has a plural nature with the word Us and Our. People have a plural nature. Isaiah also says plainly a child will be called God. It does not get any plainer than that. That you ignore it does not make it go away.

God tells you again in Psalms

Psalms 45

God has a God? So much for modern Judaism making any sense . Christianity makes perfect sense in this case since my Will is greater than my head and my head greater than my hand, all still me. Things that are singular are nothing more than human frames of reference not worthy of God.

Here was also see Abraham is to be the father of many nations. I would say 14 million Jews is rather few and more or less a single nation.

Genesis 17

What is you explanation for Zechariah 11?

What covenant was broken? God told you he would break the covenant of Moses in Jeremiah. So when will that be on your watch?

This is from Zechariah 14. Does this seem like anything on Earth?

The most problematic of all is Daniel 9. The date was clear from the rebuilding of the city(not the temple). While the word is anointed one it is an anointed one who does the following. Who did that around the turn of the millennium?

Daniel 9

Their is nothing in the Torah that alludes to Jesus as the messiah and I answered you with quoting the verse in Genesis. And by the way Isaiah 9:5-6 does not have to do with Jesus or the trinity (or whatever you think it means) as the verse is talking about the salvation that took place in the days of the child of Ahaz, righteous king Hezekiah, it is he who G-d called the Prince of Peace and the wondrous adviser is G-d Himself. G-d has a god where did you get that from as Psalm 45 states "Therefore has G-d, your G-d, anointed you." As I am sure this is where you took the verse out of context, all it is doing is affirming that G-d is ONE as in G-d, your G-d, the one and only so don't confuse Me with someone or something else kind of G-d, yep that is Him. It is not alluding to the trinity or Jesus as it is simply affirming the oneness of G-d by saying that the true and only G-d of the universe is what we Jews shall serve through His Torah. Genesis 17 states that G-d changed Abram's name to Abraham, a contraction representing his status as av hamon- father of a multitude- as the name Avram represented his former status of av Aram- father of Aram, his country of birth. Thus once again you took the verse out of context.

Zechariah 11:9-10 "I said, "I will not tend you! Let the dying one die and let the decimated one be decimated; and as for the remaining ones, let each devour the other's flesh! And I took My staff Noam and broke it, to annul My covenant that I had sealed with the peoples." It is talking about the covenant that G-d made with the nations of the world that they should never do harm to Israel, the verse is NOT stating that G-d broke the original covenant that He made with Abraham or Moses as that is in effect for all time so once again you have taken the verse out of context.

Zechariah 14:6-7 "It will be on that day, the light will not be either very bright or very dim. It will be a unique day; it will be known as HASHEM'S [day], neither day nor night, but it will happen towards evening time that there will be light." Does this seem like anything on earth, hmm ....yes. The verse is stating that this day will become famous as the unique day that G-d revealed His might and His wonders. When the tragedy of exile is soon to end, and the light is alluding to G-d's salvation as stated in the previous verses. I don't see how that points to anything that is not on earth. Again you took it out of context.

Daniel 9:24 "Seventy septets have been decreed upon your people and upon your Holy city to terminate transgression, to end sin, to wipe away iniquity, to bring everlasting righteousness, to confirm the visions and prophets, and to anoint the Holy of Holies." The verse refers to seventy times seven which =490 years thus it means seventy years of the exile that have passed from the destruction of the First Temple to this vision, and thus the entire 420 years of the Second Temple. Nope sure is not talking about Jesus and thus every verse you quoted was way out of context which is not shocking considering you are a Christian and as it was Christianity who deliberately rewrote the Torah to suit their own evil goals. Thus it is not Judaism that is flawed but you as well as the rest of the world.

Upvote 0

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic

"Forever" above is OLAM which is used for an age of undetermined and various lengths of time. It is used even of an unknown time as short as a man's lifespan. It comes to an end. It does not keep going on and on without end.

There is no promise of the land for an undending, eternal length of time.

An overliteralist reading of such words in scripture leads to such erroneous, presumptive, wild claims as you have made here, and attrocious deeds as have been perpetuated against the Palestinian people as we see by the Israeli Zioinsts.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.