Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Acts 7:56-60 J.B. Phillips New Testament (PHILLIPS)
56 “Look!” he exclaimed, “the heavens are opened and I can see the Son of Man standing at God’s right hand!”

57-58 At this they put their fingers in their ears. Yelling with fury, as one man they made a rush at him and hustled him out of the city and stoned him. The witnesses of the execution flung their clothes at the feet of a young man by the name of Saul.

59 So they stoned Stephen while he called upon God, and said, “Jesus, Lord, receive my spirit!”

60 Then, on his knees, he cried in ringing tones, “Lord, forgive them for this sin.” And with these words he fell into the sleep of death,

Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Acts 7:56-60 J.B. Phillips New Testament (PHILLIPS)
56 “Look!” he exclaimed, “the heavens are opened and I can see the Son of Man standing at God’s right hand!”

57-58 At this they put their fingers in their ears. Yelling with fury, as one man they made a rush at him and hustled him out of the city and stoned him. The witnesses of the execution flung their clothes at the feet of a young man by the name of Saul.

59 So they stoned Stephen while he called upon God, and said, “Jesus, Lord, receive my spirit!”

60 Then, on his knees, he cried in ringing tones, “Lord, forgive them for this sin.” And with these words he fell into the sleep of death,
Their (JW) translation reads as follows: As they were stoning Stephen, he made this appeal: “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” A lot of other translations read about the same. It is probably a matter of the translator's own opinions of what the original text was conveying here. New Testament Greek can sometimes leave room for translators to make their own judgment calls, which is why different English versions carry an array of different wording choices.

• Winner
Reactions: Daniel Marsh
Upvote 0
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
As for their denial of Christ's being of one essence with the Father, they of course are propagating lies and a false Christ. Everybody with any kind of sense knows that Christ is the very uncreated mind of the Father. The Bible could not be more clear on this.

• Winner
Reactions: Daniel Marsh
Upvote 0