how to hear what God is saying to you

Shulamite7

Jul 13, 2012
✟15,669.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To hear what God is saying to us the best and safest thing to do is to read the Bible. Pray and read the Bible. Trying to hear voices is very dangerous. I heard a message of reputed Pastor David Wilkerson. He was saying how he thought he heard God's voice and then messed up at a church service trying to follow what that voice said. Now there are people coming up on Ytube channels and saying that God revealed to them that they are one of the two witnesses. The best way not to get deceived in these last days is to have a thorough knowledge of our Bibles.

Upvote 0

jannikitty

wise ole owl
Nov 22, 2011
Pacific NW.
✟20,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I agree..being informed of what scriptures says is the best way to determine what is the will of God and direction in your life. But God can provide direction in many ways. It is just that if any "voice" we think we hear (in our own thoughts usually) is contrary to scripture we need to be very careful because it could be something deceptive. We need to----

----“Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world” (1 John 4:1).

Also, if you want a good read on this I have found that Experiencing God: Knowing and Doing the Will of God. by Henry and Richard Blackaby and Claude King is excellent and very helpful. There is also a workbook available of the same name by the Blackabys which is the same thing with practical exercises to do. It includes all the book does so no need to buy both. It does take a long time to complete but very worthwhile and all is totally scriptural with some stories and ideas of how to apply and live the Word in our lives according to God's Will and purpose in our lives. I took months to go through it twelve years ago and in a few years went through it all over again. I am now on my third time reading the book. :)

Upvote 0

homeschool1

May 21, 2013
✟15,212.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus says "My sheep hear My voice."
I think newer believers may have difficulty hearing Him because of the "old life" may be causing so much chaos and strife that new believers have a hard time quieting themselves enough. Shutting out the world and flesh.
Jesus declares that we hear Him if we are His.

Upvote 0