San Francisco
✟16,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have noted that many people acknowledge death and not eternal life. Sometimes I wake up from the middle of a nap and the first thing that washes over me is a fear of death. I imagine it being a never ending state where I am not awake but instead trapped and unable to move and think as I am doing so at this present time. How does one have hope in heaven and eternal life?

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I read my Bible (mainly New Testament) until I knew what God wanted me to believe and I knew I needed the Savior. The more I prayed and read, the more I trusted the Savior! I believe that faith comes from God. I think you have some faith and God will give you more.

The apostles said to the Lord, "Increase our faith!" Luke 17:5

God loves you MORE than anyone on earth does! Trust Him.

Upvote 0

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello Karafornia,
welcome to CF.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

welcome-sunglasses-smiley-emoticon.gif

48922159f37139d5783fcb48c514dac3.gif

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
a never ending state

How is your phrase above different than eternal life?

Welcome to CF btw!

:wave:

*One is eternal wakefulness and the other is like a never-ending dream?

Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I have noted that many people acknowledge death and not eternal life. Sometimes I wake up from the middle of a nap and the first thing that washes over me is a fear of death. I imagine it being a never ending state where I am not awake but instead trapped and unable to move and think as I am doing so at this present time. How does one have hope in heaven and eternal life?

Faith, that whenever you die Jesus has you, you belong to Him, if you have trusted that He died for your sins and took your punishment in His body as a substitute for you, and was resurrected and sits on the right hand of the Father. If you trust that He has done these things and forgives you of your sins, He will take you to where He is, if you die, or if the end of the age comes and you personally get to witness Him coming in the clouds in power and great glory.

To be honest, based on thread title, I was thinking you were struggling with the same fear of heaven/new earth that I am, which is not fear of going to heaven, but rather fear of boredom, because the bible's descriptions of heaven is just a lot of singing (which I hate singing) and falling on our faces, with a lot of "there won't be this, and there won't be that" (things like marriage, oceans, nighttime, the sun and moon).
I know I'll go there but it's a little like going to visit a loved relative as a kid who lives somewhere where there's nothing else about that place you like, just them. You still really want to go see them, but you know at some point you're going to be bored because there's nothing to do at some point.
I still really want to see Jesus, but everything else sounds pretty boring.
I can't get through that.

But first you have to know that Jesus wants you to come see Him in the first place and that you really want to see Him.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Danieldemol

Aug 21, 2020
Sydney
✟8,808.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to CF :)

Upvote 0

Jord Simcha

Nov 30, 2019
Groningen
✟60,922.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How does one have hope in heaven and eternal life?
For me, it is the scriptures that promise eternal life as well as the Holy Spirit inside of me testifying of this to be true.

I recommend asking God for the Holy Spirit if you have never done so!
Then, I believe, you will have this hope also!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I still really want to see Jesus, but everything else sounds pretty boring.
I can't get through that.
God has no beginning or end. His mercies endure forever, his goodness has no limits. It would be impossible to be bored in the presence of endless possibilities, don't you think?
I imagine heaven and the new earth as places where there's no end to Discovery and exploring, because those are the things that I am drawn to. Always new beauty to find and new adventures waiting, and if you just want to rest in his presence for a thousand years, that's possible too.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
God has no beginning or end. His mercies endure forever, his goodness has no limits. It would be impossible to be bored in the presence of endless possibilities, don't you think?
I imagine heaven and the new earth as places where there's no end to Discovery and exploring, because those are the things that I am drawn to. Always new beauty to find and new adventures waiting, and if you just want to rest in his presence for a thousand years, that's possible too.

It's not endless if scripture outright says some good things will not be there.
But don't want to derail, first they need to be sure they're going before they start thinking of what it's gonna be like.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's not endless if scripture outright says some good things will not be there.
But don't want to derail, first they need to be sure they're going before they start thinking of what it's gonna be like.
What good things?

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You might try these links.
Outreach | Christian Forums

Christian Living (Christians only) | Christian Forums

Theology (Christians only) | Christian Forums

Upvote 0

Karafornia

Aug 24, 2020
San Francisco
✟16,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I read my Bible (mainly New Testament) until I knew what God wanted me to believe and I knew I needed the Savior. The more I prayed and read, the more I trusted the Savior! I believe that faith comes from God. I think you have some faith and God will give you more.

The apostles said to the Lord, "Increase our faith!" Luke 17:5

God loves you MORE than anyone on earth does! Trust Him.

Thank you for your response. Are there any chapters of the New Testament that talks more in detail about eternal life/heaven?

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Karafornia

Aug 24, 2020
San Francisco
✟16,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
For me, it is the scriptures that promise eternal life as well as the Holy Spirit inside of me testifying of this to be true.

I recommend asking God for the Holy Spirit if you have never done so!
Then, I believe, you will have this hope also!

Oh, wow, thank you for your response. Is there a way to be certain in this promise? How can one trust in this promise and know that is not just empty promises?

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Karafornia

Aug 24, 2020
San Francisco
✟16,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

Yes, I think it's hard to imagine that kind of place/state given the current condition of the world right now how it has been. I do want to believe in an afterlife where there is no more death, mourning, crying, or pain, like it states in Revelation. Thank you for your thoughtful response

• Friendly
Upvote 0