How to have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ?

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
How to have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, stay grounded on the truth of the Lord Jesus Christ and discern the truth of the Lord Jesus Christ from lies?
Quite simple. Accept that because of your sin, all you deserve is to spend eternity in Hell. Then, believe that Jesus died on the cross for you, taking your sinfulness and God's wrath for sin upon Himself as your Substitute, and receive Him as your personal Saviour. "Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God" (John 1:12).

Reactions: longwait
Upvote 0

God saves

Feb 11, 2019
China
✟44,440.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oscarr said:
Quite simple. Accept that because of your sin, all you deserve is to spend eternity in Hell. Then, believe that Jesus died on the cross for you, taking your sinfulness and God's wrath for sin upon Himself as your Substitute, and receive Him as your personal Saviour. "Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God" (John 1:12).

How do you know if the Holy Spirit is in you?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Thanks. So the way to get rid of doubt is to read God's word?

How do you know if the Holy Spirit is in you?
If you have received Christ in the way I said, the Holy Spirit has baptised you into the Body of Christ. You have the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. The baptism with the Spirit is to allow the Holy Spirit to flow out of you to witness powerfully for Christ.

If you are unsure about the baptism with the Spirit, these are the steps of faith:
1. Ask Him for the baptism with the Spirit.
2. Tell the Lord that you are now going to allow the Holy Spirit to flow out of you.
3. Start doing the things that a person who is baptised with the Spirit does.

Upvote 0

Daniel C

Nov 22, 2018
England
✟23,768.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
How to have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, stay grounded on the truth of the Lord Jesus Christ and discern the truth of the Lord Jesus Christ from lies?

There is empirical archaeological evidence to believe in Christs life and so put our faith in his word.

This site isn't mine but it has some good information on it.

All About GOD & Jesus Christ

Upvote 0

LynnSmith

Mar 28, 2019
Here
✟35,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You stay grounded by prayer and being in the Word.

Upvote 0

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

If you read the Bible regularly the truth will become obvious to you and you wouldn't have to force yourself to have faith in Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

First of all; I wanted to say that looking at where you come from(China)I got a "wow" into my thoughts! ;) As you come from one of the countries which are most persecuted for their faith in Jesus Christ, it would have been easier thinking you know how faith in Jesus Christ is build up.

But now; whether a country is more visible persecuted or not, there will be people questioning one's faith. So I know I shouldn't expect for every one who are considering themselves as Christian to always be as strong faithed. And all will have times of testing, which shouldn't be seen as a bad thing, as during such times as these, it will help you growing closer to Jesus Christ and stronger in your faith in Him. :):thumbsup:

I do find real stories of how persecuted Christians in China have endured times of trials very inspiring and encouraging to read, as well as seen some youtube videoes of this. I don't know if it is safe for you to watch such videoes or read anything about these type of people?

How did you come to faith in Jesus Christ? How did you come to receive Him as your Lord and Saviour? I think this is also good to know.

Peace in Christ Jesus!

Upvote 0

blackhole

Apr 5, 2019
South Dakota
✟20,013.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

1) Right now, faith is imperfect.

Mar 9:23 Jesus said to him, If you can believe, all things are possible to him that believes.
Mar 9:24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help you my unbelief.

This will help: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MYP99J3/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

2) Scripture... And not emotion.

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2Ti 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished to all good works.

Jer 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums