How to get to Heaven

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
The way to achieve the beginning journey of salvation is to repent and be baptized without which there is no forgiveness of sins.

Baptized in what? Water or the Holy Spirit? Does your group teach a formula for achieving salvation, such as the water plus works formula?

Upvote 0

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Baptized in what? Water or the Holy Spirit? Does your group teach a formula for achieving salvation, such as the water plus works formula?

Water of course as Scripture tells us, without which there is no forgiveness of sins as I posted earlier. We are a Traditional Church that follows the Apostles and the Church Fathers, look to them to find out Salvation

Upvote 0

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That is the message that was preached before Jesus died for our sins. If that is the way to Heaven, WHY did Jesus have to die?

It requires both repentance and Baptism without Christ death and Resurrection it would never happen. You see it as something legal because of your western notions. I do not but rather view salvation as a healing of the person. Here is something about the atonement that is much different than western ideas and this is what I believe.

Recapitulation theory of atonement

In the recapitulation view of the atonement, Christ is seen as the new Adam who succeeds where Adam failed. Christ undoes the wrong that Adam did and, because of his union with humanity,leads humankind on to eternal life

https://www.theopedia.com/recapitulation-theory-of-atonement

I don't see Salvation as a little prayer but as a life long event that starts when one converts to the Church gets Baptized and gets confirmed when the Holy Spirit comes upon the person and they live out that salvation daily and can say with St. Paul:
I have done my best in the race, I have run the full distance, and I have kept the faith." And now there is waiting for me the victory prize of being put right with God, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give me on that Day—and not only to me, but to all those who wait with love for him to appear. 2 Timothy 4:7-8

Upvote 0