• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

How to get out of a rut and become a new persom

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For the past few years I have just become a poor excuse for a human being. I’m very isolated, unhappy and not the living the life I want to live.
I have a really bad personality - I’m not funny or happy and I think I subconsciously put labels on everyone and then don’t like anyone or anything. Most people think I’m a bit odd and so this plays on my mind and I then I find it hard to interact with people. I have no friends but I dont think I’d want to be my friend either.
I spend a lot of time alone on YouTube which I like to watch. There’s this one person on YouTube called Censor. His content has got nothing to do with religion or anything but I love his channel because he is exactly the person I want to be. You can just tell when a person is genuine - and that he is. He is always happy, encouraging and positive and so when I watch his videos it lifts my spirits makes me want to change and become more like him.

How can I change into a new me? I’ve become a really sad and unlikeable person over the past few years and I feel like I’ve lost my identity and forgotten who I am. I want to me again so how do I best go about this?

Thanks for reading

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How can I change into a new me?
Good that you feel a need to become born again and a New Creation in Christ. The main thing is we need to be a servant and sacrifice our-self for others. This is where we will receive the blessings of God and find happiness. Jesus in Matthew chapter 5 talks about the beatitudes. This is refereed to as the be happy attitudes. Usually this teaching is difficult for people to understand but there are lots of people that can explain this to you. There are books written about the beatitudes, youtube teachings and other information will come up if you do a google search on this topic. To be born again means to put off the old and put on the new. It is amazing how fast people become filled with joy and excitement when they have a born again experience.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
For the past few years I have just become a poor excuse for a human being. I’m very isolated, unhappy and not the living the life I want to live.
I have a really bad personality - I’m not funny or happy and I think I subconsciously put labels on everyone and then don’t like anyone or anything. Most people think I’m a bit odd and so this plays on my mind and I then I find it hard to interact with people. I have no friends but I dont think I’d want to be my friend either.
I spend a lot of time alone on YouTube which I like to watch. There’s this one person on YouTube called Censor. His content has got nothing to do with religion or anything but I love his channel because he is exactly the person I want to be. You can just tell when a person is genuine - and that he is. He is always happy, encouraging and positive and so when I watch his videos it lifts my spirits makes me want to change and become more like him.

How can I change into a new me? I’ve become a really sad and unlikeable person over the past few years and I feel like I’ve lost my identity and forgotten who I am. I want to me again so how do I best go about this?

Thanks for reading
Thanks for your honesty. The short answer (not my forte) is that you can't change yourself. My suggestion is that you get a copy of "The Normal Christian Life" by Watchman Nee. Let the words get into your heart and let Lord Jesus change you. I also suggest you get "Spirit Controlled Temperaments" by Tim LaHay. It will tell you why you are the person you are and also God's remedy.
You remind of my younger self. It took a while, but Lord Jesus brought me through to the reality of who I am in Him and who He is in me. I had to get over myself and forget who I used to be in Adam. The Cross puts an end to all I am, the resurrection brings us into new life. Hmm, that's my "short" answer. Some things do not change!

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Declutter and clean your house, apartment, room...whatever space in which you live. If it's really a big mess, set a timer for 10 minutes and work at it for 10 minutes every day.

Seriously. Your living environment affects your attitude and state of anxiety and stress.

Decide on two or three things you will commit to doing every single day. For example, morning prayer, make your bed, 25 sit ups. When these things you choose become habits, then pick a couple more and start doing those in addition to those you are already doing.

Get a few minutes of exercise each day, even if it is just a walk around the block.

Work on changing to a healthier diet and make sure you get the vitamins you need.

If you haven't gotten a complete physical, do that to make sure there are no physical reasons for what you are experiencing. You might be amazed what low Vitamin D, as one example, can do to one's mental health and energy level.

Upvote 0

maintenance man

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2018
California
Visit site
✟485,492.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How can I change into a new me?

You should start here:

“Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.”
Matthew 6:33 (NASB)

Seek God. That's the best way to make a major change in your life.

After that:

It looks like your YouTube friend Censor is into fitness. If you haven't already, make a commitment to expand your fitness level. Get on a good program and change your body.

Find a new hobby - learn a musical instrument - take up scuba diving - anything new.

If you're not already in school get enrolled somewhere and learn something new.

If it's possible, find a new job.

If you want change you have to make change happen.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Thanks for reading

Get your focus off yourself and on the Lord .... study and learn from Jesus how we are to treat one another and try and pattern your life after Him .... maybe go do some charity work. I've read you are quite good in math ... maybe look to help others that are struggling with that ... maybe make some youtube videos to help teach people about math ... answers questions they might have etc.

Upvote 0

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How does one seek God? I struggle to be sincere since I find it difficult empathise with people and care about things even if they're important.
When I was a bigger child I began to worry if I was saved then I became mid teens I felt like I was sort of unsaveable because I can't care for things very much. I feel my heart very dark and hardened and doesnt want it.
I remember something very clearly from when I was an innocent child - I was probably about 5 years old and I thought God was boring and not doing much so I asked for devil powers knelt against my bed. Maybe this cursed me but I was only a kid so it probably didn't mean much.

Even though I know I'm dying and going to Hell I can't seem to be sincere.
I don't want to go to hell but I need a break through inside me.

Upvote 0

maintenance man

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2018
California
Visit site
✟485,492.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How does one seek God?

You seek God with your heart not with your mind. You have to truly, sincerely, unconditionally want to know him. You need to be repulsed by the darkness of this world and search in your heart for the light of truth - Jesus Christ.

If you've ever asked yourself, "Is this all there is to life?" you've taken the first step.

There is much more, and it is found in a relationship with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Pick up a Bible and read the book of John. Read it with an open heart. Read it with the understanding that it is a completely true story about the Son of God dying on your behalf and then three days later coming back to life, demonstrating without question his claims were absolute truth. This happened! It's not a story - It's the Gospel truth.

Then get on you knees and pray to God. Admit your sins and seek his forgiveness.

Do this over and over again until you feel the presence of God.

Upvote 0