Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'll be honest, I'm not much of a sports person. Never was. I'd like to start watching basketball games. How can I become more knowledgeable about the sport and the players, stats, etc.?

SeekerOfChrist94

Grandma ♡ June 26, 1942 - January 10, 2017 5:32 pm
Apr 21, 2013
Texas
✟54,920.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

RC1970

post tenebras lux
Jul 7, 2015
✟80,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I'll be honest, I'm not much of a sports person. Never was. I'd like to start watching basketball games. How can I become more knowledgeable about the sport and the players, stats, etc.?
First read the Wikipedia entry for basketball, then find a professional team to follow and make notes of the jargon the announcers use. Lookup any terms or concepts you don't understand.

Upvote 0

SeekerOfChrist94

Grandma ♡ June 26, 1942 - January 10, 2017 5:32 pm
Apr 21, 2013
Texas
✟54,920.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
First read the Wikipedia entry for basketball, then find a professional team to follow and make notes of the jargon the announcers use. Lookup any terms or concepts you don't understand.

Thanks

Upvote 0

OwainK

May 9, 2017
North Wales
✟31,315.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

You can watch games online for free. Find out the latest fixtures and games, and watch them online through live streaming or watching highlights, or could watch full games. Just type into Google "watch online ____ vs _____ and the date", you'll get tons of sites with live streams come up. But be careful that you have a good anti virus system on your computer because pop up ads do come up.

You could use wikipedia to learn about the leagues, the teams and who play for them. There are also Basketball league websites you can go on, and some even analytical websites like Basketball Statistics and History | Basketball-Reference.com and Basketball Stats: Results, Standings - Accurate Basketball Statistics to keep up with the scores and of course the official NBA site NBA.com/Stats to learn about the players and stats :)

You may also be able to see some stars, players, teams and skills on youtube :)

Hope that helps :)

Upvote 0