Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If one is filled with the Spirit of God then denominations are an abomination to them.
Not if one says that it is good to be "filled with the Spirit of God" and another says that it is NOT good.
  • In the very act of being so filled, you are choosing sides.
  • Believing in Salvation by Grace through faith, you are choosing sides.
  • Being baptized as a believing adult, you are choosing sides.
  • Apparently, even believing in Original Sin, you are choosing sides...
Are you willing to rescind each of those decisions, just to APPEAR more unified to the world? Should anyone else have to do so...?* :idea: Perhaps, we could continue to build the Tower of Babel Church of God (complete with Esperanto Bibles)! (You remember how much God was impressed with that effort the first time... ;))
OR we can let Jesus bring about unity, His way [1 John 3:2]... :amen:

*Said "unity" would require that we embrace the doctrines of Tares known to be in our midst (without question), too [Matthew 13:24-30].

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
MOD HAT ON

NOTICE: This thread has been moved to a new forum. Please note that the SOP may be different from the original forum's.

MOD HAT OFF
Yeah —- that is a good Tactic Too. Keep moving things around so No One Can find them.

Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟757,090.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
"Eat what is set before you!", and make yourself at home.

If you're visiting someone else's church, sit up near the back so that you can bolt out the door the minute the service is over, and make sure you get first pick of the cake and coffee.

• Useful
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

J.P. Zaleta

Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2019
Trenton
✟52,840.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
4. Pull each other's hair out.
5. Scream incoherently at the top of your lungs
6. Continue indefinitely.

On a serious note, before I clicked onto this, I actually though it was going to be serious commentary on how Christians of various denominations (or even within the same denomination) with differing opinions on some thing or another could try to get along, but was surprised to find a lighthearted take on how Christian sometimes don't get along. In my own observations, it almost appears to have come to this. In fact, it seems as though some Christians concentrate more on oneupping each other on who's "wiser", "holier", or superior in some way or another just because of a different opinion or conviction. I won't go into what some of them are as I'm sure we are all familiar with the many topics which pop up quite often. I've actually found myself caught up in such disputes (and I have given fairly balanced perspectives on things, albeit Bible-based and sometimes experience-based). I have found that sometimes it was a big mistake on my part, as I am not a skilled debater. Also, I can see that sometimes two opposing believers fail to understand where each other is coming from. I'm not saying Christians should agree all the time on everything, but we as believers should at least try to agree to disagree on controversial and so-called "hot-button" issues, and Romans 14 touches on such matters (using eating meat and observing certain days as examples) referred to in the first verse of the chapter as "doubtful disputations". In all seriousness, we should be focusing more on how we can edify and encourage each other as believers, and lay these little differences of opinion aside, finding our common bond as Christians. That common bond is our faith in Jesus Christ and that we seek to obey and please Him to the best of our ability according to our understanding of God's Word (which will always be limited as long as we are on this imperfect earth) and to serve Him in our own unique ways. After all, we are all diverse creations of God, yet in His eyes were the same, and created in His image. Let's all try our best to act as such!

I apologize for rambling, but I tend to elaborate when I get on a roll. Please know that my intention is not to stir trouble in any way, shape or form. I only hope my input is found to be helpful and relatable to other fellow believers.

God bless you all. :blueheart:

Hello all
Just a thought on the above post. It is funny :)

OUR faith is what is separating us. We all have a different measure of faith therefore we see the lack others have. Thus we condemn ourselves by judging others as to their lack of faith. Knowledge, of what Jesus has done for us and all that He died and was resurrected for, is what is binding us together in His love. Just a thought… :)

joke: "After the christening of his baby brother in church, little Johnny sobbed all the way home in the back seat of the car. His father asked him three times what was wrong. Finally, the boy replied, “That priest said he wanted us brought up in a Christian home, and I want to stay with you guys!”"

• Friendly
Reactions: WannaWitness
Upvote 0

WannaWitness

Shining God's Light for a Lost World.
Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Hello all
Just a thought on the above post. It is funny :)

OUR faith is what is separating us. We all have a different measure of faith therefore we see the lack others have. Thus we condemn ourselves by judging others as to their lack of faith. Knowledge, of what Jesus has done for us and all that He died and was resurrected for, is what is binding us together in His love. Just a thought… :)

joke: "After the christening of his baby brother in church, little Johnny sobbed all the way home in the back seat of the car. His father asked him three times what was wrong. Finally, the boy replied, “That priest said he wanted us brought up in a Christian home, and I want to stay with you guys!”"

Great insight; thanks for sharing your thoughts. :)

The joke was cute, too! :)

Upvote 0