✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
4. Pull each other's hair out.
5. Scream incoherently at the top of your lungs
6. Continue indefinitely.

On a serious note, before I clicked onto this, I actually though it was going to be serious commentary on how Christians of various denominations (or even within the same denomination) with differing opinions on some thing or another could try to get along, but was surprised to find a lighthearted take on how Christian sometimes don't get along. In my own observations, it almost appears to have come to this. In fact, it seems as though some Christians concentrate more on oneupping each other on who's "wiser", "holier", or superior in some way or another just because of a different opinion or conviction. I won't go into what some of them are as I'm sure we are all familiar with the many topics which pop up quite often. I've actually found myself caught up in such disputes (and I have given fairly balanced perspectives on things, albeit Bible-based and sometimes experience-based). I have found that sometimes it was a big mistake on my part, as I am not a skilled debater. Also, I can see that sometimes two opposing believers fail to understand where each other is coming from. I'm not saying Christians should agree all the time on everything, but we as believers should at least try to agree to disagree on controversial and so-called "hot-button" issues, and Romans 14 touches on such matters (using eating meat and observing certain days as examples) referred to in the first verse of the chapter as "doubtful disputations". In all seriousness, we should be focusing more on how we can edify and encourage each other as believers, and lay these little differences of opinion aside, finding our common bond as Christians. That common bond is our faith in Jesus Christ and that we seek to obey and please Him to the best of our ability according to our understanding of God's Word (which will always be limited as long as we are on this imperfect earth) and to serve Him in our own unique ways. After all, we are all diverse creations of God, yet in His eyes were the same, and created in His image. Let's all try our best to act as such!

I apologize for rambling, but I tend to elaborate when I get on a roll. Please know that my intention is not to stir trouble in any way, shape or form. I only hope my input is found to be helpful and relatable to other fellow believers.

God bless you all. :blueheart:

• Useful
Reactions: J.P. Zaleta
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Or you could passive aggressively quote scripture describing warnings against false teachers.
Or proof text them to death thus creating a pretext. ^_^

Not like that happens here either. ^_^

• Haha
Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I actually though it was going to be serious commentary on how Christians of various denominations (or even within the same denomination) with differing opinions on some thing or another could try to get along

It's a lighthearted "don't do these 6 things" list.

• Friendly
Reactions: WannaWitness
Upvote 0

WannaWitness

Shining God's Light for a Lost World.
Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
It's a lighthearted "don't do these 6 things" list.

I know. I saw that when I read it! :D

It's a good one (I bookmarked it)! :smiley:

And it actually sometimes does strike me as funny (and kind of sad at the same time) how we as believers can get so worked up over a few differences of opinion. For example, the big skirts vs. pants on women debate (of course, I haven't been hearing much of that one lately around here, but that doesn't mean it's not discussed to death elsewhere). You get one person who thinks women should always wear skirts or dresses only and another who just happens to think the opposite. All fine and good... until it becomes a big cat fight. :catface:
boxing-smiley-emoticon.gif

And it's even worse when you get into political territory, but that's a topic for another thread.

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean!

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Radagast
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why not casually hand them a raw potatoes and watch the confusion on their face? I also find that staring intently at the middle of their forehead to make them feel uncomfortable rather effective.

• Useful
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
MOD HAT ON

NOTICE: This thread has been moved to a new forum. Please note that the SOP may be different from the original forum's.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0