Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Put up or shut up. That's all I have to say about it. The accused is given every benefit of the doubt in the world, but the accused is automatically assumed to be lying or "in it for the publicity". Yet despite all the whining and bellyaching about "innocent until proven guilty" and "this isn't Venezuela", Kavanaugh's supporters are too chicken to actually find the truth by calling for an investigation.

If you don't believe his innocence, you should end this charade and withdraw him. Otherwise, I don't want to hear any more whining.
Ringo

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Put up or shut up. That's all I have to say about it. The accused is given every benefit of the doubt in the world, but the accused is automatically assumed to be lying or "in it for the publicity". Yet despite all the whining and bellyaching about "innocent until proven guilty" and "this isn't Venezuela", Kavanaugh's supporters are too chicken to actually find the truth by calling for an investigation.

If you don't believe his innocence, you should end this charade and withdraw him. Otherwise, I don't want to hear any more whining.
Ringo
I’ve encouraged Ms Ford to file a report with the police in Maryland right here on CF. I’m sure some operative has seen this plea. Some of the news outlets are picking up on my advice. She has the power right now and three months ago to do her civic duty and report the incident.

If she reports it tomorrow then the FBI would be compelled to look into any matter regarding a member of the federal courts.

There’s the solution. Now speak with your Dem representatives and make it happen.

Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Ringo

Questioning under oath is how you find answers. Only Ford supporters are whining about that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I’ve encouraged Ms Ford to file a report with the police in Maryland right here on CF. I’m sure some operative has seen this plea. Some of the news outlets are picking up on my advice. She has the power right now and three months ago to do her civic duty and report the incident.

If she reports it tomorrow then the FBI would be compelled to look into any matter regarding a member of the federal courts.

There’s the solution. Now speak with your Dem representatives and make it happen.

She'll never do it. Apparently, her and her lawyer are concerned about being questioned by a female sex crime prosecutor at the Senate hearing. Kavanaugh not worried at all. I think reality is starting to set in. Females are not as sympathetic to lying women.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
too bad that they haven't asked the therapist to come answer questions in Thursday's hearing.
That is exactly my point. This is not the time and place to put him on trial for the crime that she is accusing him. She should file a report with the police and they can do an investigation and they can decide if they want to take this to court or not. If he has not been convicted in a court of law then he is innocent. The senate is not a court of law and it is not their job to establish if he is innocent or guilty of the crime that she is accusing him of. If he needs some surgery maybe she wants them to be doctors also. It is just not their job. She wants the FBI to do an investigation but it is not their job either. Perhaps the problem is that she does not have enough evidence for the police to do their investigation. Often police are not trained and they are not able to do their job but that does not change the fact that it is the job of the local police to investigate her claims. It is not the job of the senate. Their job is to determine if he is fit to be a judge or not. If she thinks he is unfit then she needs to go through the proper channels and file a police report. If they are so worried about him then they would want him on the sex offenders list so that the community could have some degree of protection. IF they are not willing to do any of that then they should not be taken serious. Lots of women are not willing to go through that process and I understand that. But to have someone investigated is not that big of a deal. She makes her report, then the police go out and talk to him, or he is interviewed by a detective and they decide if they want to put him on trial to convict him of a crime. Those are the people that investigate this. Not the FBI, Congress or Senate.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Kavanaugh's supporters are too chicken to actually find the truth by calling for an investigation.
I have no problem with an investigation. Notify the police and have him investigated. She has had 35 years to do that. If she wants to stop him from being appointed as a supreme court justice then it is to late for that now. She should have taken action a long time ago. Allegations should not disqualify people. They need to be convicted in a court of law. Husbands and wife's accuse each other of stuff all the time. 40 years ago when I was going through a divorce I attended a meeting of a group called "Parents without Partners". You have to go to an orientation meeting before you can attend the functions and the first thing they tell you is that this is a war and there is a battle between the sexes. I was very surprised. I had never heard of such a thing. Still that is what is going on here. We are trying to negotiate a mine field and the me to movement is making up rules as we go along. I consider Anthony Bourdaine to be a victim of that war. I keep warning people to be careful they do not get caught in their own net and fall into their own pit. If you want to bring charges against someone then be prepared for them to accuse you just as you accuse others. People have to live by the standard that they set for others. I am told it is even worse in China. They say in China if money is involved there is corruption and sooner or later someone is going to go to jail. We have not seen that to any degree in this country but we still could. Some people are predicting that is exactly what we are going to see. Remember the lyrics to the song? " Whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do. When they come for you?" People need to realize the standard they want to hold other to is the standard they are going to be held accountable for. Are people unhappy that Trump has appointed Brett Kavanaugh to the supreme court? Then bake us a cake and help us to celebrate his appointment. Because that is what they expect us to do for them. They expect us to bake them a cake and help them to celebrate. So lets put our differences aside and celebrate.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Put up or shut up.
Exactly. She does not want to be cross examined, then do not make the charges. My bother does work as an expert witness in a court of law and they pay him $500 an hour. Why? Because he has to be cross examined. He says it is worth it, but that does not make it easy. If she wants to try to stop him from being appointed then she is going to have to pay a price to do that.

• Agree
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, about that: too bad that they haven't asked the therapist to come answer questions in Thursday's hearing. But I guess they're afraid that some facts might accidentally slip out.
Ringo
The therapist can testify if Ms Ford releases her therapy records. Not even a court can order that in such a case. And I gather she won’t release her therapy records. The therapist is bound by patient confidentiality.

As an Article 32 investigating officer the defense requested release of mental health and therapist notes. I had to decline as the law at that time stated it was protected information only the patient could release. And usually they don’t because any good defense attorney will scour the records and look for a mental illness which puts the accusers accusations in light of the illness or disorder.

So if you want the therapist to testify then Ms Ford must give permission.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Might also be good to hear from this old roommate of Kavanaugh:
Peter Kauffmann on Twitter

But again: I wouldn't want anything to get in the way of Kavanaugh's divine right to a seat on the Supreme Court. He's suffered enough, right?
Ringo
Interesting hearsay. He concluded he was a drunk and because of that it is possible he did what someone else said he did.

Really? If someone was ruining your reputation would you want this type of innuendo admissible?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The therapist can testify if Ms Ford releases her therapy records.
That would cause more problems then anything else. The therapist has in her notes that she was in bed with four different guys. What else does she have in her notes that contradicts the story she is telling today. Truth is always the truth. If there are contradictions then we can not trust her testimony.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
ds

Democrats don't care about women. They will ignore you or even bash you if you're assaulted by a liberal politician. You are considered a sacrifice for a bigger cause. Compare Paula, Kathleen and Jaunita to Ford. Look at the specifics they offer. No comparison. They are credible, this woman is not.
What does their cases have to do with Democrats? Did Democrats stop these women from taking legal action ?My Conservative aunt thought they were making to big deal of the Clinton harrassment stuff. And thoght it was no big deal. And now likes to bring up Clinton name, when a victim is accusing a Republican of something.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Interesting hearsay. He concluded he was a drunk and because of that it is possible he did what someone else said he did.

Really? If someone was ruining your reputation would you want this type of innuendo admissible?

Once again: put up or shut up. If my reputation was being "ruined" as you claim Kavanaugh's is, I would call for an investigation to clear it up.
Ringo

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The therapist can testify if Ms Ford releases her therapy records. Not even a court can order that in such a case. And I gather she won’t release her therapy records. The therapist is bound by patient confidentiality.

As an Article 32 investigating officer the defense requested release of mental health and therapist notes. I had to decline as the law at that time stated it was protected information only the patient could release. And usually they don’t because any good defense attorney will scour the records and look for a mental illness which puts the accusers accusations in light of the illness or disorder.

So if you want the therapist to testify then Ms Ford must give permission.

Yeah, I know. I honestly have no idea whether Ford would want her therapist to testify or not (there might be privacy reasons why she might not), but to my knowledge, members of the Senate committee haven't even bothered to open talks with her.
Ringo

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Exactly. She does not want to be cross examined, then do not make the charges. My bother does work as an expert witness in a court of law and they pay him $500 an hour. Why? Because he has to be cross examined. He says it is worth it, but that does not make it easy. If she wants to try to stop him from being appointed then she is going to have to pay a price to do that.

She has agreed to testify to the committee.

I do think the "she has to pay a price" language is interesting and telling, though. Not too long ago, supporters of Kavanaugh were whining about what a horrible process this was for he and his family. But Ford, the alleged victim, is discussed in terms of having to "pay a price" for what seems to be seen as the "crime" of coming forward.
Ringo

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Kavanaugh's supporters are too chicken to actually find the truth by calling for an investigation.
We are going to look for the truth in the liberal supreme court. We are going to hold them to the exact same standards you want to hold the conservative Judges to. Before long only conservatives will be left. The Liberals will quit before they are impeached. To spare themselves from having to go through that scrutiny.

I say over and over again. By the standard you judge, you will be judged. So you better be sure you live up to your own standards in life.

Judgement begins with the house of God. If God does not spared the Church then how much more

For it is time for judgment to begin with the family of God; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who disobey the gospel of God?

“If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will become of the ungodly and the sinner?” (1Peter4:18)

If the righteous receive their due on earth, how much more the ungodly and the sinner! Proverbs 11:31

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have no problem with an investigation.
Notify the police and have him investigated.

Unironically, that is good to hear. But I would prefer the FBI because of the history of police departments not treating sexual assault claims with the sensitivity or diligence that they deserve.

She has had 35 years to do that.

Doesn't matter whether it happened 35 days ago or 35 years. It was enough of a traumatic event for Ford to come forward.

If she wants to stop him from being appointed as a supreme court justice then it is to late for that now. She should have taken action a long time ago.

There is no proof that Ford is out for anything other than for her story to be told.

Allegations should not disqualify people. They need to be convicted in a court of law.

I don't disagree, however
a) allegations should be investigated
b) women who allege that they were assaulted should be given the same standard of "innocent until proven guilty" that the accused is given
Ringo

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We are going to look for the truth in the liberal supreme court. We are going to hold them to the exact same standards you want to hold the conservative Judges to. Before long only conservatives will be left. The Liberals will quit before they are impeached. To spare themselves from having to go through that scrutiny.

I say over and over again. By the standard you judge, you will be judged. So you better be sure you live up to your own standards in life.

If liberal justices are accused of the same things as Kavanaugh, they should be investigated. But I have yet to see that, and if your intention is to just make stuff up as "revenge" for Kavanaugh, you'll be guilty of the same thing you are accusing liberals of doing.
Ringo

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But I have yet to see that,
Not yet but you will. There is a shake up coming on the court and the liberals will soon be gone. There is no way man can do this. It has to be God doing the shaking.

Upvote 0