GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟450,410.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is God real? Is it foolishness to deny God? How would you know? Can you really know Him? How to find Him? Lost? Undecided? Confused what to believe and what not? Too many faiths and ideologies? Too much information and questions? Worried how will you ever know and find the right path?

If you are in this position, then what you need is wisdom that gives you understanding to discern the truth and have clarification. Now, where and how can you find that wisdom? And how to gain/receive wisdom to discern the truth?

My suggestion for you is to look for the path which claims to have brought forth wisdom and possessed it, and then listen and walk in that path. This means to say that he is the owner of wisdom, who caused/created wisdom, and is the God of wisdom.

The God in the bible tells that wisdom was brought forth, set up and possessed by Him. He says that He gives wisdom and from His mouth come knowledge and understanding. He says that by wisdom He founded the earth and by understanding he established the heavens. Proverbs 2:6 and 3:19.

Now, how to gain/receive wisdom? God says He will give wisdom and understanding to those who fear and follow Him. In order to fear God, you need to first acknowledge God. Thus, you will receive understanding to know God and discern the truth. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; all those who follow his precepts have good understanding. Psalm 111:10.

The Lord possessed wisdom at the beginning of his work, the first of his acts of old. Ages ago wisdom was set up, at the first, before the beginning of the earth. When there were no depths wisdom was brought forth, when there were no springs abounding with water. Before the mountains had been shaped, before the hills, wisdom was brought forth, before he had made the earth with its fields, or the first of the dust of the world. Proverbs 8:22-25.

Last edited:

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Be still and know that I am God" (in Psalm 46:10). I see this can mean to be quiet and submit to how God in us effects us so we are with Him. And we discover how we become in sharing with Him, and what He does with us.

"rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God." (1 Peter 3:4)

To me, this means God is pleased with "the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit". And His love, then, is gentle and quiet. So, God is quiet, and we connect with Him, share with Him, by being quiet and gentle in His love.

But we can miss this, by worrying > worrying is not quiet and kind and gentle in us. And we can argue and complain > this is anti-love. So, we are commanded to stop this so we can become God's way in His love >

"Do all things without complaining and disputing, that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world" (in Philippians 2:13-16).

Upvote 0

Godistruth1

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2018
Somewhere
✟97,167.00
Country
India
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Is God real? Is it foolishness to deny God? How would you know? Can you really know Him? How to find Him? Lost? Undecided? Confused what to believe and what not? Too many faiths and ideologies? Too much information and questions? Worried how will you ever know and find the right path?

If you are in this position, then what you need is wisdom that gives you understanding to discern the truth and have clarification. Now, where and how can you find that wisdom? And how to gain/receive wisdom to discern the truth?

My suggestion for you is to look for the path which claims to have brought forth wisdom and possessed it, and then listen and walk in that path. True God is the one who claims that he brought forth wisdom and possessed it and it comes from Him.

The God in the bible tells that wisdom was brought forth, set up and possessed by Him. He says that He gives wisdom and from His mouth come knowledge and understanding. He says that by wisdom He founded the earth and by understanding he established the heavens. Proverbs 2:6 and 3:19.

Now, how to gain/receive wisdom? God says He will give wisdom and understanding to those who fear and follow Him. In order to fear God, you need to first acknowledge God. Thus, you will receive understanding to know God and discern the truth. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; all those who follow his precepts have good understanding. Psalm 111:10.

The Lord possessed wisdom at the beginning of his work, the first of his acts of old. Ages ago wisdom was set up, at the first, before the beginning of the earth. When there were no depths wisdom was brought forth, when there were no springs abounding with water. Before the mountains had been shaped, before the hills, wisdom was brought forth, before he had made the earth with its fields, or the first of the dust of the world. Proverbs 8:22-25.
So you believe because bible says u should believe?

Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟450,410.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

No. You believe the God who claims to have brought forth wisdom, has set up wisdom and possessed it. In which ever book it is written. And this is only written in the bible.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God . . . the real God . . . knows what is really true. So, I have trusted Him to have me know and believe what He wants. But, even so, God knows my real character, so He knows if I have been honest with Him, or not exactly. And, actually, I have not been such a great person, that I can guarantee I have been honest with God.

But my experience is that God has changed me to trust in Jesus > Ephesians 1:12 > and not to trust myself and my ability . . . since I can so fool my own self and not know it. But Jesus is reliable.

Believing brings personal trusting and sharing with God through Jesus.

Jesus is not some lesser being, but God's own Son. He Himself has come for us; so Jesus is not at all conceited, though He is so superior to all of us. Jesus suffered and died like He did, the right way, so we can be forgiven and reconciled to God.

But this is not first and mainly for us. But God's grace first favors His Son, and favors our becoming changed to be like Jesus and to love like Jesus loves any and all people.

But there are humans who are selfish lovers, preferring ones they hope to use for what they want. There are ones who care only or mainly about getting their own selves and ones they love into Heaven. Plus, I have heard there are men who want to get to their sort of Heaven so they can have virgins . . . for themselves!! So, such ones could be only or mainly about using people, not really loving. But Jesus is not conceited, though He is so superior.

Upvote 0

Godistruth1

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2018
Somewhere
✟97,167.00
Country
India
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
No. You believe the God who claims to have brought forth wisdom, has set up wisdom and possessed it. In which ever book it is written. And this is only written in the bible.
So u believe bible is true just because there is a sentence which says God brought forth wisdom and possessed it? If it was written in Gita would u believe Hinduism is the truth?

Upvote 0

Godistruth1

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2018
Somewhere
✟97,167.00
Country
India
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
God . . . the real God . . . knows what is really true. So, I have trusted Him to have me know and believe what He wants. But, even so, God knows my real character, so He knows if I have been honest with Him, or not exactly. And, actually, I have not been such a great person, that I can guarantee I have been honest with God.

But my experience is that God has changed me to trust in Jesus > Ephesians 1:12 > and not to trust myself and my ability . . . since I can so fool my own self and not know it. But Jesus is reliable.

Believing brings personal trusting and sharing with God through Jesus.

Jesus is not some lesser being, but God's own Son. He Himself has come for us; so Jesus is not at all conceited, though He is so superior to all of us. Jesus suffered and died like He did, the right way, so we can be forgiven and reconciled to God.

But this is not first and mainly for us. But God's grace first favors His Son, and favors our becoming changed to be like Jesus and to love like Jesus loves any and all people.

But there are humans who are selfish lovers, preferring ones they hope to use for what they want. There are ones who care only or mainly about getting their own selves and ones they love into Heaven. Plus, I have heard there are men who want to get to their sort of Heaven so they can have virgins . . . for themselves!! So, such ones could be only or mainly about using people, not really loving. But Jesus is not conceited, though He is so superior.
This is just blind and emotional faith

Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟450,410.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So u believe bible is true just because there is a sentence which says God brought forth wisdom and possessed it? If it was written in Gita would u believe Hinduism is the truth?

I believe in which ever book where God did not just claim that but also explained how He proved His wisdom.

And only in the book of bible, God claimed and also explained how He proved it. Through out the whole bible, He provided the proofs of His wisdom. But i will provide one verse here for you.

By wisdom He founded the earth and by understanding He established the heavens. Proverbs 2:6 and 3:19.

Upvote 0

Godistruth1

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2018
Somewhere
✟97,167.00
Country
India
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
I believe in which ever book where God did not just claim that but also explained how He proved His wisdom.

And only in the book of bible, God claimed and also explained how He proved it. Through out the whole bible, He provided the proofs of His wisdom. But i will provide one verse here for you.

By wisdom He founded the earth and by understanding He established the heavens. Proverbs 2:6 and 3:19.
I find the below verse more meaningful

Behold! In the creation Of heavens and the earth, And the alternation of night and day, There are indeed signs For men of understanding,-Men who remember Allah Standing, sitting, And lying down on their sides, And contemplate the (wonders of ) creation In the heavens and the earth (With the saying): Our Lord not for naught Hast Thou created (all) this! Glory to Thee! Give us salvation from Chastisement of the fire.

(Ale-Imran 3, Verses 190-191)

Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟450,410.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Behold! In the creation Of heavens and the earth, And the alternation of night and day, There are indeed signs For men of understanding,-Men who remember Allah Standing, sitting, And lying down on their sides, And contemplate the (wonders of ) creation In the heavens and the earth (With the saying): Our Lord not for naught Hast Thou created (all) this! Glory to Thee! Give us salvation from Chastisement of the fire.

Yet it is not explained how he created the universe. But rather says to refer to the book and the people who received wisdom of the scriptures by the Holy Spirit, of the Torah and the Gospel.

God in bible says that He brought forth wisdom and thus by wisdom He created the universe. I only provided you one verse but in through out bible God provided the evidence for His wisdom, in every page. Not so with other books.

@Godistruth1

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nihilist Virus

Infectious idea
Oct 24, 2015
California
✟156,979.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
My suggestion for you is to look for the path which claims to have brought forth wisdom and possessed it, and then listen and walk in that path. True God is the one who claims that he brought forth wisdom and possessed it and it comes from Him.

Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,010,108.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

Islam came about 600 years after Christianity and you yourselves quote the Bible in the koran. That is where all truth comes from. The Bible. 'THE' word of God.

Upvote 0

Nihilist Virus

Infectious idea
Oct 24, 2015
California
✟156,979.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Islam came about 600 years after Christianity and you yourselves quote the Bible in the koran. That is where all truth comes from. The Bible. 'THE' word of God.

The New Testament came about 500 years after the Old Testament and you yourselves quote the Old Testament in the New Testament. That is where all truth comes from. The Old Testament. 'THE' word of God.

Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟450,410.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That is where all truth comes from. The Old Testament. 'THE' word of God.

Yes, that is where all truth comes from. The Old Testament. And the truth in the old testament is same as the truth in the new testament.

Upvote 0

Nihilist Virus

Infectious idea
Oct 24, 2015
California
✟156,979.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Yes, that is where all truth comes from. The Old Testament. And the truth in the old testament is same as the truth in the new testament.

You missed the point. Inasmuch as you believe the New Testament is an addendum to the Old Testament, Muslims believe the Koran is an addendum to the Bible. The prophet Muhammad (feces be upon him) claimed he spoke to Gabriel, who was an angel of Jehovah.

The other user seemed to imply that because the Bible precedes the Koran, the Bible is right. But Jews could just as easily debunk Christianity by saying that the Old Testament precedes the New Testament.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟450,410.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You missed the point. Inasmuch as you believe the New Testament is an addendum to the Old Testament, Muslims believe the Koran is an addendum to the Bible. The prophet Muhammad (feces be upon him) claimed he spoke to Gabriel, who was an angel of Jehovah.

The other user seemed to imply that because the Bible precedes the Koran, the Bible is right. But Jews could just as easily debunk Christianity by saying that the Old Testament precedes the New Testament.

I did not miss the point. I'm aware of all this. Both testaments, new and old, are not separates. People use these terms. It is one whole book and one whole truth. Throughout old testament people received the promise of Messiah and awaited for the His coming. But when Messiah did arrive, people denied that He indeed has arrived.

While Jews are still awaiting for their Messiah to come and receive Him, we have accepted and received the truth that the promise of Messiah has been fulfilled. If Jews are debunking Christianity then they are only debunking the old testament and deceiving themselves, while they are hoping and waiting for the realization of the promise of Christ who is spoken of in the old testament.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,010,108.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

The New Testament came about 500 years after the Old Testament and you yourselves quote the Old Testament in the New Testament. That is where all truth comes from. The Old Testament. 'THE' word of God.

From an atheist. Lol

Upvote 0

GospelS

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟450,410.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
All of them? There are a lot of claims out there.

Let me know which divine claims to say that he has brought forth, set-up and possessed wisdom before the beginning of the earth and all creation. This means to say that he is the owner of wisdom, who caused/created wisdom, and is the God of wisdom.

Last edited:
Upvote 0