Dec 24, 2005
✟437,686.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think the best way, is to pray ... to pray and ask the Lord for what you need. :)

I'm not a man, I'm a woman ... but I've personally found it can be very challenging to make the kind of good friends you describe, when we become older persons. And particularly, if we relocate to another city to live ... when we are older.

But God knows what we need ... and when we need it ... and we can go thru seasons of time, too, when it seems God is wanting for us to draw closer to Him, as our Friend ...

... so, if you have not already done so, to pray for His guidance in this matter can be helpful.

Welcome to CF.
God bless.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Most friendships are developed pursuing activities of mutual interest. Some churches develop groups around recreational events and hobbies. You need time to bond and experience one another outside of religious settings. Volunteering is another avenue as is serving on nonprofit committees and boards.

~Bella

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How does one go about finding good friends after the kids are gone? I'm not talking about the folks you get together with after Sunday night service. I mean a good man (I am a man) that I can discuss really deep spiritual and life issues with.

If you ride a motorcycle there at Christian Motorcycle clubs.

Basically, list your past times, hobbies, etc and look for groups that are related to them. Join those groups, talk with people, invite them over to dinner.

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I agree with the idea of finding a group of men that have the same interest that you have. Meetup.com in one way to find groups with your interest. You can also interview other men around to find if any men have an interest you have.
Walking is more and more important as we get older and that is a great way to be with other guys and talk. I've done this for 10 yrs now and its helped in amazing ways.

Upvote 0

Joni Steele

Oct 30, 2020
Western Indiana
✟18,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
How does one go about finding good friends after the kids are gone? I'm not talking about the folks you get together with after Sunday night service. I mean a good man (I am a man) that I can discuss really deep spiritual and life issues with.
Pray that the Holy Spirit will lead you to opportunities to meet Godly Christian men, online or off. Be interested in what is important to them. To have friends you must be a friend.

Upvote 0