Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,056,468.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I believe that finding ones gifts is a result from hearing from God is a seven step process...

1. The Outer Court - Justification - Faith to enter in.
2. The Altar - Salvation by acknowledging and believing on Jesus
3. The Laver - The clean effects of sanctification.
4. Table of Showbread – Partaking of the Word of God.
5. Light at the Lightstand - Faith, hope, charity, joy, grace, spiritual fruit, etc.
6. The Golden Incense Altar - Prayer and Praise meetings.
7. The Holy of Holies - The Shekinah Glory and Baptism of the Holy Ghost.

And when Moses was gone into the tabernacle of the congregation to speak with him, then he heard the voice of one speaking unto him from off the mercy seat that was upon the ark of testimony, from between the two cherubims: and he spake unto him. - Numbers 7:89

It was in the Holy of Holies that God spoke to Moses. It is also the place where you can hear from him too. This is Pentecostal doctrine whose architect, William Seymour, issued this disclaimer...

William Seymour warned that, “Whenever the doctrine of the baptism in the Holy Ghost will only be known as the evidence of speaking in tongues, that work will be an open door for witches and spiritualist and free loveism. That work will suffer because all kinds of spirits can come in.”

I would seek such experience. Once you find it I believe you will hear from God of your personal gifts and calling.

Temple_zps43c1911c.png

And a short little video...

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What is the best way to find my gifts?
You can pray to Jesus to ask him what your spiritual gifts are. Everyone has spiritual gifts. Yours may be encouragement, or discernment, or healing. Jesus will help you find your spiritual gifts.

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

@rockytopva gave a fairly elaborate response for seeking genuine supernatural gifts, and I'm hoping and that's what you are asking about as well. But as @tryingtogrow asked, what sort of gifts were you referring to specifically? NT divine utterance gifts, or your personal talents?

Upvote 0

Instrument150

Aug 6, 2017
Pensacola
✟14,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed

Nobody can tell you exactly how to explore and use your spiritual gifts, they are yours to discover on the path that God has laid out before you.

Slow down. Realize that time is a creation of Man through the desire to label everything with numbers. I also suspect that Satan had a hand in it, in an attempt to organize and manipulate events to his own agenda. Which he can do in many ways, just none affecting the final outcome.

You are not bound by that clock on the wall that feels natural to you by now. What it represents is not real. Read Mathew 6: 22. Many times. Go find yourself a dark room and sit quietly with your eyes closed and totally relaxed. Start with the eyes and let the relaxation melt from there down to your feet. When you are totally relaxed, explore yourself. Pray for guidance from the Holy Spirit who is your very own gift. He's there, waiting to show you which sins are preventing you from totally realizing your potential. Which ones can be worked on.

CULTURE is a huge prevention of accessing our spiritual gifts. Cast aside all concerns for how someone may perceive the expression of your gifts. The devil is going to take all these wonderful things and try to twist them (like the rainbow) into something dirty. So be watchful, meditate and pray simultaneously, and be true to yourself in the FULLNESS of creation, not just parts one and two.

Upvote 0

Aino

God's own
May 16, 2009
Finland
✟37,132.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No one can tell you, but God. Pray for guidance, ask God to use you. Don't let your own prejudice or ones given to you at church or elsewhere hold you down. Just take what you are given. Keep asking if you don't get. Be brave and keep your eyes open. You might see someone in need. Help them. Sooner or later you might realize you've used a gift.

Upvote 0

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Seeking God in secret, as Jesus disclosed.

Do not think gifts must be "this or that", but there can be new gifts, as well. Gifts you have never dreamed possible of before.

Upvote 0