How to find inner piece?

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
First off inner peace can only be sought by people who isolate or isolate with peaceful people. This works good for monks but in the practical world is impossible to maintain inner peace.
All the believers in ACTS, etc, were continually full (every day) of PEACE AND JOY and RIGHTEOUSNESS -
all gifts in SALVATION with JESUS by faith. NOTHING could shake their peace nor could take away their joy nor affect their righteousness unless they willingly allowed it/ left their daily union with Jesus/ sinned willfully and willingly OR unwittingly due to bad teaching etc ....

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
My ultimate desire is to find my peace in God and be able to have a joy even in the tough times without sinning.

:oldthumbsup:

Most people who live alone do get bored!
bored-gif-11.gif
(He's tapping his fingers.)
bored gif 11 | GIF Images Download

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yuppers... we need to believe.. we need to know that God/Jesus/sweet sweet Holy Spirit CANT LIE. You believe John 3:16. Not seeing not feeling not hearing.. all by FAITH. Did not this SAME God.. say to YOU "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." John 14:27

And.. this same God said to you in Isa 41:10 "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

Just remind HIM what He said... and then thank Him. HE CAN NOT LIE. Is not based on ANYTHING you can do or not do. He said it period. I GIVE TO YOU, I LEAVE WITH YOU... if you were a child and you read that.. you would just believe.. The solider that said.. NO.. you dont have to come.. you just speak the word... Jesus was like WOW! AWESOME! I have not found so much faith.. not in all Israel. So just believe the one that loves you most and HE IS VERY VERY VERY REAL! This is ONE person you can talk to when you can see Him.. that is REALLY THERE! Think about it.. how much do we talk to this GOD that is ALWAYS with us? Oh how he loves you and me

Upvote 0

MyGivenNameIsKeith

Oct 16, 2017
xcxb xcvb n bv b
✟33,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone. I’d like to get some advice on how to find inner peace?

Over the last week or two I’ve spent a fair amount of time by myself and without having some meaningful time spent with people. I’m generally a introvert but I still like to have someone around me just so I don’t feel alone. I’m single so I come home to a empty house. Being alone so much builds up a lot of discontentment in myself and it bottles up so much that I become mad at a lot of things. I struggle with knowing how to deal with my life circumstances properly. In church yesterday the pastor was talking about finding our ultimate joy in Jesus. I don’t know how to do that by myself. When I get to the point of discontentment in life where I’m at now I usually end up just “numbing” the pain with earthy things, which are also considered sinful. I’m in a very unhealthy cycle in life and I’m not sure how to get out of it.
Been there, so I know what it's like. Like the very atmosphere is heavy, just keeps building. One thing you have to realize, is that those "earthy things" aren't helping. They are making whatever you are going through, worse. Stuff starts to warp your mind, the very fabric of your heart...even the littlest things cause you to blow up because inside you're like a time bomb because of all that "numbing". The "numbing just pushes it further down and makes it worse. Makes the emotional wounds deeper. The thing I noticed is addressing the problems. Jesus helps you do that. He walks with you through them. When you can't do it on your own, like the popular poem "Footprints", he carries you. One thing that helped me when I was in that place was getting out of my own head. Forget that you are depressed, or alone, or whatever...for one second, and do something for the Lord. I know it sounds crazy or insensitive, but trust me, it works. I didn't have a job, was in similar shoes and stepped outside my box. I joined the choir at church. I figured if I could do earthy things and sing karaoke while doing them, I could sing for the Lord. So I did. I started to interact with people more. I started making friends. Now I really never feel alone anymore.
Best advice I can give ya is get involved. The more you stay in that box, in that cocoon you've made, the worse it feels. Allow Jesus to do what he does. Which is give you life. You can't find joy with Jesus by yourself. After all, Jesus is involved. Prayer doesn't have to formal, just talk to him like a long lost friend you haven't talked to in a while. He will understand.
Hope this finds you well

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
All the believers in ACTS, etc, were continually full (every day) of PEACE AND JOY and RIGHTEOUSNESS -
all gifts in SALVATION with JESUS by faith. NOTHING could shake their peace nor could take away their joy nor affect their righteousness unless they willingly allowed it/ left their daily union with Jesus/ sinned willfully and willingly OR unwittingly due to bad teaching etc ....

I don't believe that though :) Peace is easily lost.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I don't believe that though , Peace is easily lost.
For the self-willed, and because of unbelief, yes. And
that might be your experience, and even God won't make you change to believe the truth. < shrugs >
or, you can willingly choose to believe Scripture, and trust God, if God Permits according to all Scripture.

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
For the self-willed, and because of unbelief, yes. And
that might be your experience, and even God won't make you change to believe the truth. < shrugs >
or, you can willingly choose to believe Scripture, and trust God, if God Permits according to all Scripture.

Self willed? Then who's will should I have, I've found that God works that we will to do, and he contributes to our cause. But we must have a will to act. Gods will is a mystery to mankind. So technically you can't have God's will.

I say God's will is a mystery because he seems to dictate will on a case by case basis. Not something you can read from the bible. It's a per instance application. Sometimes it matches the bible and sometimes not.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
As written, bringing ALL into subjection (willingly and joyfully) to Jesus, even every thought, every emotion, every feeling, every dream, every deed, every word, everything someone has ...
"Choose TODAY who to serve" ....
what is impossible with man, is possible with YHWH. Not apart from Him, ever.

As for me and my house , we serve YAHSHUA !

Upvote 0

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour

Over the last week or two I’ve spent a fair amount of time by myself and without having some meaningful time spent with people. I’m generally a introvert but I still like to have someone around me just so I don’t feel alone. I’m single so I come home to a empty house. Being alone so much builds up a lot of discontentment in myself and it bottles up so much that I become mad at a lot of things. I struggle with knowing how to deal with my life circumstances properly. In church yesterday the pastor was talking about finding our ultimate joy in Jesus. I don’t know how to do that by myself. When I get to the point of discontentment in life where I’m at now I usually end up just “numbing” the pain with earthy things, which are also considered sinful. I’m in a very unhealthy cycle in life and I’m not sure how to get out of it.

Upvote 0

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
Hi yuppers

I have pretty much unshakable inner peace. The only thing, I believe, that could disturb my 'interior economy', as Catholic writers refer to a loss of peace in our hearts, would be a serious sin on my part.

However, it does not mean I no longer ever feel lonely, in a way that I never knew, before I was married and outlived my wife. Even though with my religious interests and my online mostly geopolitical interests, there are not enough hours in the day for me, I still manage to feel lonely at times. But I know there are many many people much more lonely, and finding it much harder.

If you were a Catholic, I would advise you to read the lives of the saints and the online, Catholic daily and weekly journals and blogs. Go to daily Mass, perhaps join in church acivities - where you might even find some nice girl 'sets her cap' at you and you end up marrying. If you can engage in some charitable activity all to the good. God is not outdone in generosity.

Keep us all abreast of any initiatives you take and how they 'pan out'.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jmldn2

Site Supporter
Nov 20, 2013
✟85,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married

Does your church have a singles group?

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Years ago I decided I should learn the Gospel According to Mark. It is only 16 chapters long and is the shortest of the 4 gospels. For a time I read Mark over and over again. Eventually I learned I needed to become familiar with other books. Matthew contains the Sermon on the Mount and a passage advising you to respond to someone who slaps you on one cheek by turning and offering the other cheek. That type of response may lead to inner peace. I was invited to a family reunion for Christmas. If I had not gone, I would have been lonely without an excuse.

Upvote 0

yuppers

Mar 25, 2014
Alberta
✟41,114.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Merry Christmas Yuppers. Are you volunteering anywhere? Finding a good ministry to volunteer at may help you. It will give you other people to talk to and associate with and you may find good Christian friends. God bless you

I do help and volunteer at my church. They are mostly once a month type things so it doesn’t help a bunch. I do feel better and less lonely after I’ve helped with those things but the feeling doesn’t last for very long. I have a dog so I also can’t volunteer a whole lot.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear yuppers. How to find inner peace? God is Love and Love is the most wonderful feeling there is. Jesus died for us, and now He lives for us. The Bible tells us, Give up all selfish wishes and wants, ask God for Love, then thank God and share all love and compassion wit all all around us. In Matthew 7; 7-10: we are told: Ask and you shall receive, we ask God for Love, then thank God and share all love and compassion with all around us. Jesus told us in Matthew 22: 35-40: The first and great Commandment is: Love God with all thy hearts, with all thy souls, and with all thy minds. The second is like it: love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two Commandments hang all thy Law and th Prophets. God is Love and God wants our love to be shared with all we know and all we meet. Love is he greatest, Jesus died out of love for us. Lwt us therefore Love God with all our hearts, with all our souls, and with all our minds, then love our neighbour as we love ourselves. How do we find inner peace? By letting love rule us, and always share love with our neighbour. I say this with love, yuppers. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
bored-gif-11.gif

Been there! even with a family and lots to do ...

I pray that you find a way forward in your journey with Christ...
It just occurs to me, my best friends are my books. I am reading 'The Crucified Life' by Tozer at the moment.
I have read books by John Ortberg... very Good
The point is, there is 'something more' and these books will help you get excited about God,
no more boredom!
wow,
you will have something to live for and get excited about!

Upvote 0

jmldn2

Site Supporter
Nov 20, 2013
✟85,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
My church has a pretty healthy young adults group. They have had a couple singles mixes but I haven’t had luck at them. I do wish to find someone.

Ask God for guidance for this. I believe He will point you in the right direction. Ask Him for clear and plain leading.

Upvote 0

sidewalkchalk

Feb 13, 2012
✟15,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi Yuppers!

You said :

"In church yesterday the pastor was talking about finding our ultimate joy in Jesus. I don't know how to do that by myself."

You also asked how to find inner peace.

The Bible says that Jesus said :

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27

Jesus said also:

"And I will ask the Father , and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever- the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him or knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. " John 14:16,17

As I was reading that chapter for this reply I was thinking that that whole chapter might help you (John 14) also with the other things you mentioned. Take note too that in the NIV the chapter is called "Jesus Comforts His Disciples."

Your issue here too , Yuppers, is that you can't generate Jesus's joy nor can you give yourself His peace. HE has to GIVE those things to you. So ask Him for both things and then wait on Him to do so. The world says that you have to DO things, or GO places or talk to people, read books etc. to get peace or joy. But GOD and JESUS says that they will GIVE TO YOU those things. So you can operate on your own fallen efforts to get something that only God and Jesus can give you. Think of it like this, you buying your own Christmas gifts , which will not be perfect as God's ways and things are, or asking God to give you His Christmas gifts , what He said that HE WOULD GIVE YOU, which will then be perfect.

Pay attention to when you are trying to do the Christian walk on your own efforts. Yes, there are some things that you do on your own like read the Bible, etc. but there are things that are spiritual that God has to give you and do for you. Like giving you HIS peace and HIS joy. Those are HIS things to give. So ask Him and then wait on Him. He loves you.

AND I will say, from experience, when God gives you His peace and fills you with His Holy Sprit you won't feel alone and your house won't feel empty. You and your home will be filled with His Holy Spirit and you plus Him does not equal being alone. You might have times of feeling lonely but you will not be alone. : )

Upvote 0

sidewalkchalk

Feb 13, 2012
✟15,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yuppers,

You'd be amazed at how God can break into your day to day life if you ask Him to. Ask Him to be more vocal with you in the natural, meaning your everyday life. Trust me, He will. I've asked God for things, asked Him questions and the answers came. Sometimes the answers were right away and sometimes they came later in the day.

Like say for example I wanted to know how to make the perfect chocolate cake (and yes you can ask God for stuff like that since the Bible says to pray about everything). And then later in the day I flipped on the TV and there is some cooking show and in it they're talking about how to make the perfect chocolate cake. Now you could say that it was a coincidence or you could see it as God answering my question aka God talking to me. I've had stuff like this happen to me so often for seventeen years now that it's stopped being chalked up to coincidence. God might not talk to me like a conversation like one has with another person (and I've said a similar thing like you said a few times myself so I get what your question) but He answers in His way and timing. BUT perhaps be might start talking to you like a person would in a regular conversation. He might want to do that with you. So ask Him and see what He says. : )

If you ask Him to be more vocal in your life and also for Him to give you eyes to see and ears to hear (Matthew 13:16) then you WILL hear him in some way talk to you and answer you. He promised that if you called to Him that He will answer you (Jer. 33:3) so take Him up on it and ask Him. : )

Upvote 0

gym_class_hero

Dec 31, 2016
state of grace
✟122,069.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do help and volunteer at my church. They are mostly once a month type things so it doesn’t help a bunch. I do feel better and less lonely after I’ve helped with those things but the feeling doesn’t last for very long. I have a dog so I also can’t volunteer a whole lot.
there are probably other places you can volunteer that are more regular. I have a dog, too. I do not see how that prohibits you from being involved. There are jail ministries, food banks, homeless shelters, etc. We need to stretch ourselves and get outside our comfort zones for growth in any part of our lives, including our spiritual lives.

Upvote 0