Near

In Christ we rise
Dec 7, 2012
✟24,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Treat every Woman your age as a friend and as you would your Sister.
"your age"?
Well, what about women that are 10 years my senior?
How should I go about getting married to a 33 year old woman?

I'm completely serious
just kidding

Upvote 0

ceno101

Nov 1, 2017
Buford, GA
✟15,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Geez, I feel like the church makes this more complicated because we are afraid to be real about attraction. I am not an expert but one, Be the man. Focus on your purpose, your work, your relationship with Christ and who you are in Him. Nobody is perfect but respect yourself, have confidence in yourself, be sure of yourself. Women want a man who is comfortable being himself and is not afraid to live according to his values and actually let the woman know he is ATTRACTED TO HER. Bro, you will not find a wife/girlfriend by playing the brother role. Be clear in the sort of woman you want, don't be afraid to pursue her, be clear in your intentions, be patience, treat her like a person not some Idolized titanic fantasy movie in your head, respect her space, don't be afraid of possible rejection, trust the friendship process get to know her, flirt, have dates, pray, see her vision, and make sure you are taking care of your self so you can add value to her. Too many of us men are sitting around playing NBA 2k18 all day and wondering why we cant find 'that girl' and yeah....that's that. most of all PUT GOD FIRST. Ladies if I am wrong, correct me. ;-)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Danoded

Christian Monotheist
Nov 22, 2017
United Kingdom
✟15,820.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
Are you sure? Does this not lead to being "friendzoned"?

1 Timothy 5King James Version (KJV)
5 Rebuke not an elder, but intreat him as a father; and the younger men as brethren;

2 The elder women as mothers; the younger as sisters, with all purity.

Where he's coming from is correct.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
1 Timothy 5King James Version (KJV)
5 Rebuke not an elder, but intreat him as a father; and the younger men as brethren;

2 The elder women as mothers; the younger as sisters, with all purity.

Where he's coming from is correct.
But remember, this advice was given to those already married. Every one was married in their teen years in that century. Marriages were arranged by the parents usually around age 6-9. They were completed around age 13-14.

Upvote 0

Leah F

Too blessed to be stressed.
Dec 3, 2017
Dayton
✟18,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Stop trying to be anything and let God guide you. If it is meant to be then it will be. When you least expect it, she will come. Also having a list of what you are looking for really helps, that is what my husband did and he got me. God will fulfill your desires. Do not worry about how old you are, we were in our thirties when we met and we got married in the same year.

Reactions: Danoded
Upvote 0

Danoded

Christian Monotheist
Nov 22, 2017
United Kingdom
✟15,820.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
But remember, this advice was given to those already married. Every one was married in their teen years in that century. Marriages were arranged by the parents usually around age 6-9. They were completed around age 13-14.

It is true that people are getting married much later than they were before, but God's Word is eternal, and I believe that this advice is for everyone, not just those who are married. You can see the total disregard for the second verse in today's time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sir Robbins

Waiting for Fall
Sep 28, 2012
Saint Augustine, FL
✟52,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Libertarian
God will fulfill your desires.

don't be so sure about that. He fills those that will benefit us. I can recall times where someone walked away from God when they got into a relationship. These are not good desires and though they may not be our intention, He sees things we don't or can't.

• Winner
Reactions: Danoded
Upvote 0

shrinking_violet

Feb 13, 2018
SF South Bay
✟15,898.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
This isn't how you get girls to like you. It's quite the opposite. This is how you get friend-zoned. You can't treat her as your sister or a dear friend.
Yikes, people. No one has the power to force you to be their friend. If you don't want to be friends with someone, don't spend time with them. You can just walk away. Use your wooing energy on someone more receptive.

The original advice is missing that you should be clear about your intentions with someone. Treating women like people deserving of respect and kindness is great and all (obviously what OP was referring to), but you can't expect to date someone who doesn't know you want to date them. (The two aren't contradictory. In fact, they're complimentary.) Be bold. Don't let others dictate your relationship with them on your behalf, and you'll never be friendzoned again.

Upvote 0