Massachusetts
✟583,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The article, it appears to me, says to get the help of the Holy Mother in order to get with the right husband.

But they way > this talks only about how to find the right man.

Another thing > possibly Mary had an arranged marriage. So, if this is true, what might she advise you to do? Are ones going to advise to get her advice, but not advise us to follow her example of what worked for her??

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟583,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The article says something like this, I think > make sure a man helps you to grow and be encouraged in your walk with Jesus. And yes he will need you to help him, also.

So, yes I would say check if a person is obviously helping you to submit to how God our Father guides you and cares for you, and make sure he is helping you find out how to love any and all people like Jesus wants. And make sure you are helping him, like this, too.

And if you are capable of being personally guided by God, simply prayerfully test how our Father guides you in relating with each man >

Make sure with God who knows :)

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟286,318.00
Faith
Christian
It's best to just go solely on intuition. People WILL change over time, both for better and worse. I've seen the most dedicated Christians (one a deacon) nosedive into a life of atheism and literally disappear off the face of the earth.

Others have started ropey with flawed theology, and would later go on to host sermons and spread the world in amazing ways, verbally, visually and otherwise.

I'm somewhere in the middle. I'd never be an atheist, but I sometimes wonder if we all have the power to be our own God, and that Jesus is the ultimate master or "tenth dan" if you will.

Would I be a good spouse for a die hard Catholic woman? NO lol. But I tighten up the loose bolts of my theology more everyday, so I'm not a complete write off. Progress not perfection n' all that jazz...

Upvote 0

HisGraceAbounds

Supporter
Jul 21, 2019
Central Illinois
✟267,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
For me, it would all have to start with friendship. Very few people get to be a part of my little world, and good friends are few and far between. A woman I'm interested in romantically would have to be my friend, completely platonically, first...and this very well might take years. Only then, once trust and respect have been earned by both sides, might I consider exploring a new depth to the relationship.

As you can well imagine, this would require a woman possessing the virtue of patience, which is a virtue I seldom see cultivated in anyone. So, my solitude and celibacy continues.

Reactions: Miles
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟238,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Now I thought you would have said the park but I guess the store makes more sense.
I was thinking of a line from Seinfeld where George Costanza said that the jerk store had called and their running out of someone.

• Haha
Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟296,775.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟379,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Ultimately it depends on yourself to go out and have courage to talk.
That's important, assuming there are single women around to talk to. My problem isn't talking to women; it's finding the right kind of women to talk to. Most are already married, old enough to be my mother, young enough to be my daughter, or otherwise clearly incompatible in some way. Although I'm friendly with most of the women in my life, none are potential romantic interests. That's one of the downsides to working in a male-dominated industry, and having stereotypically male hobbies. I don't meet many women who would be appropriate for me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JohnTh

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
✟32,051.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I don't meet many women who would be appropriate for me.
Yeah, I definitely understand what you're saying but, besides of the possibility (which always exists) that we can be a litte bit too exigent sometimes, I think that the best place to find them is Church and not so much at the workplace - and this is because of important factors mentioned in the OP.

Upvote 0