How to find a church and fellowship with fellow believers?

Suikoden2

Oct 30, 2019
Region IV-A
✟26,830.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Checklist of what church I want to be in
—— King James only and Protestant
—— pastor not rich
—— not a prosperity gospel church
—— women dressed modestly
—— no contemporary music in church
I don’t want to be snared by a false prophet!
I’m finding it hard since 80% of churches here(Philippines) are Roman churches. I’ve already read Martin Luther’s 95 thesis once and I agree.
I lack a church to be with believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Offhand, I'd say that we need more information about the beliefs and practices that you are seeking in a church.

Not Roman Catholic, of course. If Lutheran is the one for you, that's already settled. And the points you did list would go with most Lutheran churches all right. However, the Ninety-five theses don't deal with all of what Lutherans believe or how they worship, even if that document is famous. So if you can tell us anything more, that would be a help. Perhaps it would help us if we knew what Protestant churches are available to you, not just acceptable in principle but ones that you could actually get to.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
—— pastor not rich
I’m finding it hard since 80% of churches here(Philippines) are Roman churches. I’ve already read Martin Luther’s 95 thesis once and I agree.
Apparently you've looked already.
Praying constantly (frequently ) for today/ well, every day/ may be the one thing to do until you find one, and then continue the prayers with those you find to pray with daily.

Upvote 0

Justasking123

Nov 7, 2019
B
✟30,164.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Apparently you've looked already.
Praying constantly (frequently ) for today/ well, every day/ may be the one thing to do until you find one, and then continue the prayers with those you find to pray with daily.

Yes, I know Chritians who live together like the first Christians from the Bible and it was God's will that they come together even they are originally from different parts of the world. Most of them prayed to God that He would guide them to Brothers and Sisters.

I hope you also find a family in Christ Roy Ivan Ramos.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟767,781.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
—— pastor not rich

That is a tough list to meet all the criteria for. Probably a Primitive Baptist or similar church would be the best fit. KJV-Only is not a prevalent belief, many churches hold it in high esteem and/or use it in their services, but only some small denominations/sects preach it to be the only version. But if you find a KJV-O church they will probably fill the other criteria you are looking for, except possibly the false prophet.

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟122,609.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
—— pastor not rich

You're one of those folks! King James Onlyist. I know a certain denomination that would fit your description really well, but I refuse to tell you what it is, I don't want to promote them.

I do appreciate the ninety-five thesis for the historical impact it had, but they did not address enough of the issues with the Papists. It was too soft.

Upvote 0