CT
✟20,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have trouble feeling guilt.. I want to make a sincere confession but i dont think it can happen unless i am really sorry for what i did.. And to be honest, some days i find myself being proud of it.. Im in counseling because my father is a remorseless sociopath and im afraid i might have no choice but to feel the same.. I honestly don't know how to make myself feel guilt.. Maybe im too full of anger idk but even for the really bad things ive done to others like for example theres this motivational speaker with no arms legs and i told him i hope he gets cancer also so i could defecate on his body.. I spit all over my grandmother after after physically harming her and i told my mother that she she should go overdose on pills because shes a worthless c*** harlot and the cause of half my pain.. Again these are only examples and im not looking to offend.. I can clearly understand why it might seem excessive to some people here but believe it or not it feels normal for me and i find it hard to have even the slightest bit of remorse.. Maybe it's because doctors think im bipolar and im currently experiencing a bad mood swing but i just feel numb.. Please tell me how to feel guilt

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,024.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I think a lot of feelings we have come from where we're at. We tend to feel bad about doing bad things because of a history of being and feeling loved. Feelings don't have much to do with salvation, the main thing is trust/faith.

Upvote 0

Tylerx95

Believer
Oct 18, 2017
CT
✟20,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think a lot of feelings we have come from where we're at. We tend to feel bad about doing bad things because of a history of being and feeling loved. Feelings don't have much to do with salvation, the main thing is trust/faith.
So u mean because some of us werent loved and dont feel loved thats why we hate the world with no cause or remorse?

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,024.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
So u mean because some of us werent loved and dont feel loved thats why we hate the world with no cause or remorse?
What you say makes sense . it adds up emotionally anyway . i can relate.

• Haha
Reactions: Tylerx95
Upvote 0

PittBullMom

Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2017
USA
✟86,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
But why guilt? Its just another negative emotion next to anger and another source of negativity for evil spirits to feed on. If you know that what you did to your grandmother is supposed to be wrong, how you feel may be something that only your Dr can walk you through. You are an intelligent being capable of diffentiating right from wrong. Emotions can be stabalized through therapy and managing medication.

What moves you to be happy and feel joy? Anything? Even the slightest joy? If I asked you who you love, who would it be? What makes you peaceful and content? When are you the least angry?

Upvote 0

Tylerx95

Believer
Oct 18, 2017
CT
✟20,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But why guilt? Its just another negative emotion next to anger and another source of negativity for evil spirits to feed on. If you know that what you did to your grandmother is supposed to be wrong, how you feel may be something that only your Dr can walk you through. You are an intelligent being capable of diffentiating right from wrong. Emotions can be stabalized through therapy and managing medication.

What moves you to be happy and feel joy? Anything? Even the slightest joy? If I asked you who you love, who would it be? What makes you peaceful and content? When are you the least angry?
I love no one.. I feel angry and depressed 70-90% of my day.. The only thing that has ever made me feel good is when i listen to country music or concentrate on what it would be like if i had people i actually cared about.

• Prayers
Reactions: PittBullMom
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,558.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I have trouble feeling guilt.. I want to make a sincere confession but i dont think it can happen unless i am really sorry for what i did.. And to be honest, some days i find myself being proud of it.. Im in counseling because my father is a remorseless sociopath and im afraid i might have no choice but to feel the same.. I honestly don't know how to make myself feel guilt.. Maybe im too full of anger idk but even for the really bad things ive done to others like for example theres this motivational speaker with no arms legs and i told him i hope he gets cancer also so i could defecate on his body.. I spit all over my grandmother after after physically harming her and i told my mother that she she should go overdose on pills because shes a worthless c*** harlot and the cause of half my pain.. Again these are only examples and im not looking to offend.. I can clearly understand why it might seem excessive to some people here but believe it or not it feels normal for me and i find it hard to have even the slightest bit of remorse.. Maybe it's because doctors think im bipolar and im currently experiencing a bad mood swing but i just feel numb.. Please tell me how to feel guilt

No one can tell you how to feel. You need God in your life.

Upvote 0

PittBullMom

Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2017
USA
✟86,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Well, I see the good in all things.

Here you are on a christian forum. So God is on your mind one way or another. He is totally present.

You want people you can care about. You want to care for another. That is absolutely beautiful. It really is.

Thats the good in you. It'll grow. I'll pray for you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,558.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I love no one.. I feel angry and depressed 70-90% of my day.. The only thing that has ever made me feel good is when i listen to country music or concentrate on what it would be like if i had people i actually cared about.

That's a rotten situation. My atheist father had a couple of good qualities, but he was really messed up because of his childhood and I decided that I couldn't live near him as an adult. Rotten parents usually had rotten upbringings and my father did to a certain extent.

Only God can teach people to care.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
what it would be like if i had people i actually cared about.
This is good. But Jesus says, "if you love those who love you, what reward have you?" in Matthew 5:46. So, God desires that we care about any and all people. There are people who cherry-pick who they love; this is not loving the way Jesus wants. I am not really caring, if I pick and choose who I love.

But feeling guilty about my failure does not turn me into a really loving and caring person. I need how only God is able to change me into a caring person. It is impossible for us humans, but it is possible with God. We all need, then, what you need :)

God knows what to do with you, and all of us.

Upvote 0

Tylerx95

Believer
Oct 18, 2017
CT
✟20,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is good. But Jesus says, "if you love those who love you, what reward have you?" in Matthew 5:46. So, God desires that we care about any and all people. There are people who cherry-pick who they love; this is not loving the way Jesus wants. I am not really caring, if I pick and choose who I love.

But feeling guilty about my failure does not turn me into a really loving and caring person. I need how only God is able to change me into a caring person. It is impossible for us humans, but it is possible with God. We all need, then, what you need :)

God knows what to do with you, and all of us.

I told u i was bi polar, meaning one day il wake up caring about no one. The next day il desire to be overly helpful and give endless support to people that need it.. Its like being 2 different people and endlessly fighting over what side to choose

Upvote 0

PittBullMom

Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2017
USA
✟86,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Just realize that you are one person with two tendencies due to a condition that is treatable. It's a choice of good over evil inclinations. You'll always be one person. Everything God made is good. You just have a heavy cross but you will be fine over time. Because of your history of physically attacking people definitely stay on medication. Nothing happens overnight but keep fighting the good fight and don't give up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tylerx95

Believer
Oct 18, 2017
CT
✟20,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Some days i feel so full of resentment that i dont know how to go back to being good.. I have no control over it.. Getting rid of that level of resentment is only possible through an act of god
Just realize that you are one person with two tendencies due to a condition that is treatable. It's a choice of good over evil inclinations. You'll always be one person. Everything God made is good. You just have a heavy cross but you will be fine over time. Because of your history of physically attacking people definitely stay on medication. Nothing happens overnight but keep fighting the good fight and don't give up.

However I was able to feel guilt about lying to doctors about having suicidal thoughts because they were really nice people and didnt deserve it

Upvote 0

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The next day il desire to be overly helpful and give endless support to people that need it..
I'm interested in knowing what motivates you to be this way, when you are. As I see it, there can be only two fundamental causes: either it is ego-driven (thereby a person would feel as though they need to be this way so as to prove against some perceived deficiency/judgement of character); or on the other hand, it could be caused by a genuine sense of morality, where something within you emathises with their distress, and you recognise that you are able to carry some of their burden to make their life a little bit better.

Upvote 0

Tylerx95

Believer
Oct 18, 2017
CT
✟20,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm interested in knowing what motivates you to be this way, when you are. As I see it, there can be only two fundamental causes: either it is ego-driven (thereby a person would feel as though they need to be this way so as to prove against some perceived deficiency/judgement of character); or on the other hand, it could be caused by a genuine sense of morality, where something within you emathises with their distress, and you recognise that you are able to carry some of their burden to make their life a little bit better.

Il think about having a daughter one day.. Which is something i want. Il think about the desire to put them to sleep in peace when their really young.. When i was that age, my father was bitter.. He didnt understand or really care about my depression or insomnia or that i couldnt control it. Id still be expected to help him work, go to school without [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]ing despite constantly feeling like [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse], and put up with his physical abuse. In other words, my childhood was a living hell. Now that i haven't seen him for several years, im left empty with nothing but those feelings to constantly make my anger and depression thrive. I started thinking of ways to fill the void.. Or what it would be like to have a family of my own and be the man he wasnt.. I had an overwhelming desire to be as good and patient with my future family as possible and the most calm, loving father anybody possibly could.. I don't know why

Upvote 0