How to evangelise to others in bars and clubs?

Loukuss

Senior Veteran
Mar 7, 2005
BC
✟4,040.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Others
dont go. Win them when they are out of the club. No christian is allowed in night clubs because God has no place in there.

complete and utter nonsense.

if you feel compelled to reach out to drunks in bars, if this is something God has placed on your heart, you go and preach His Word. dont listen to the ones here telling you to stay out of bars. be prayerful, be courgeous and fulfill the great commission! ive preached in bars for years and there are a lot of hurting people that need to hear the gospel.
if you want any more advice, just pm and we can talk more about it.

shalom.

Upvote 0
Mar 27, 2010
no where land
✟15,252.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
AU-Greens
I have the opportunity to go to a night club and I want to know how I could reach out to them? Any advice would be helpful. I personally would find it difficult to do it because the noise is so loud and I would barely be able to hear myself talk. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

yo!
i read some of the posts but not all so i want to say sorry for repeating anything that has already been covered.

hey kiddo, i have been doing this kind of jazz for around 3 years now.
i personally love it.
i read a post on here where it said something about if you feel God has called you to this kinda thing then totally do it.
i agree.
the pubs, street, clubs and such is a place where God has placed me.
I love it.

its tough at times and as you being a girl can i say be careful.
im a 6 odd foot fella with a beard and generally big guy...
and i have gotten myself in trouble a few times by breaking up fights and such haha so i dont recommend u doing that aye. haha.

i see so much of Jesus in these places, yeah there is the drunks, and sleaezy fellas, and overly sexual ladies, and often drugs...
but i see so much hurt...
so many messed up kids believing lies...
believing women are only objects and can be conquered...
believing the only way a girl can be accepted is by dressing provocatively...
believing to be cool and fit in you gotta get blind drunk ...

now its not always like that but that does come up.
i have made so many friends doing this and have seen many peoples lives change and seen people meet the living Jesus.
its awesome.

i find dressing simply and not doing anything to get noticed is a good start, as im not sure how it is in the states but in aus there is a lot of insecurity with young men. and so any jab at their manliness or a threat to impressing girls is not taken well.

i find hanging either just out side or at the bar is the best place to meet people.

that way u can hear whats being said and u can get some conversation flowing.

if u at the bar, and you start talking with someone and u feel it could be a good thing, just ask something like wanna hang out side for tick?

but you being a girl, doing that to a guy could be taken the wrong way, the same issue i have to press through when it comes to talkin to girls, but its do able aye.

just chat, get to know them, find out about them, talk about them for a bit, and at first maybe know what ur thinking on say, but as u get practice and feel more confident and learn to listen to the spirit some more you wont need a set thing and u will just run off whats happening, it will swing into a spiritual convo naturally.

but even way before that, i spent about 2 months going into every nite or so purely for the purpose of getting used to meeting people. not share the gospel or anything just get that confidence to walk up to someone and just start a convo without getting all tongue tided and sounds stupid.

so thats a place to start...

my old house mate and i, we were both musos and so would sit in the mall area near a few of the pubs and play some music on guitar and drum and do some singing and people would flock to us so we had heaps of convos doing that.

i guess kiddo what im getting at, is if this a place u wanna be and do stuff in, which i personally think is a good idea if u feel your up to it.
be careful, be wise, listen to your spirit, if it tells you something aint right, bail. and trust yourself and God and trust that you dont have to worry, the words will come, and you cant fail in this. you just cant. i have said some stupid things on the street but every time God has re-assured me that its ok.

sorry for the long post, if u got any questions totally ask me and i will answer what i can.

hope its helpful in some way.

love
grace and peace

Upvote 0
Mar 27, 2010
no where land
✟15,252.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
AU-Greens
complete and utter nonsense.

if you feel compelled to reach out to drunks in bars, if this is something God has placed on your heart, you go and preach His Word. dont listen to the ones here telling you to stay out of bars. be prayerful, be courgeous and fulfill the great commission! ive preached in bars for years and there are a lot of hurting people that need to hear the gospel.
if you want any more advice, just pm and we can talk more about it.

shalom.

right on!

Upvote 0

VCViking

Go ye into all the world, and preach the Gospel...
Oct 21, 2006
United States
✟10,648.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I have the opportunity to go to a night club and I want to know how I could reach out to them? Any advice would be helpful. I personally would find it difficult to do it because the noise is so loud and I would barely be able to hear myself talk. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

Outside the bars would be the best spot. Check out Mark Cahill's books.

Upvote 0

Emma89

Jan 27, 2010
Australia
✟7,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have alot of non chrisitan friends, so when they ask me to go out, I often say "sure, but why don't you let me DD (designated Driver)?" This is showing them love by not letting them drink drive, making sure they get home safe, assisting in keeping them safe when out, but also alot of my friends reacted with "But you're a Christian! You can't have fun like that!" Which is obviously a total fabrication! I have a great time dancing and having fun with my friends. Often when they are drunk on the way home they ask me lots of questions about Jesus and I am more than happy to oblige! This way, you are helping to get rid of that "I'm a Christian therefore I am better than you" stigma, and to be honest, maybe people need a little 'dutch courage' to ask about Jesus??

So in short, I think that pubs/ nightclubs can be a brilliant way to share the Good News, but, if you feel God is telling you not to go out, or if you are at risk of backsliding and being tempted maybe just give them a lift in and don't go in yourself, but whatever you do, make sure you do it in a loving way.

Upvote 0

nonheathen40

Sep 5, 2010
N.Atlanta,Ga.
✟15,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
While I do agree with a lot of the previous poster's comments,I will say that you really do need to be called to do something like that. Once I even had a thought about going to a strip club to maybe witness...somehow. Then after about 15 seconds I reconsidered! I think the noise aspect is the simplest reason why you wouldn't even be able to do this. You have to use your common sense first and then go from there. Remember when Jehovah God asked Moses what was in his hand...which was a rod. So you/we must ask ourselves what tools we have that would best serve others. I remember making a very poor attempt at trying to witness to a complete stranger once and them literally laughing in my face. Believe me,that's something you'll never forget! I would think a ministry to the homeless or needy would be much more appreciated,since people that go to bars are the last ones who want to hear the Gospel,no matter how much they need to. Just my 2 mites worth...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dude99

Apr 12, 2014
✟40,407.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Well bars are ok, as long if you are drinking it is in moderation and acting in a Christ like manner. I have seen people evangelise in bars too and I think it is really great. Yet nightclubs are not for places true Christians should hang out. Nightclubs exist for 2 primary purposes. It is for drinking alcohol and finding someone to get laid with.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ThePinkPreacher

Nov 30, 2017
Dallas, Texas
✟7,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'd like to share the Nightclub Outreach ministry that God called me to start three-years ago. With God's favor, I've prayed over a thousand people inside nightclubs without getting kicked out. God gave me a vision on how to approach Nightclub outreach. Instead of approaching club patrons inside the clubs, which would cause me to be kicked out within minutes. Instead, God gave me the vision to wear an outrageous looking outfit which causes people to approach me. It reminds me of John's crazy camel's hair clothes in Matthew 3:4. When patrons approach me, I simply say, "Can I deposit a short prayer over your life?" 99% of people accept the prayer. I spent hundreds of nights in nightclubs as a former twenty-year atheist. Not once was I approached by a Christian. After prisons, nightclubs contain the highest concentration of broken, hurt and lost souls. I pray God expands the Nightclub Outreach throughout the world. I pray for everyone reading this post that God super-sizes your faith and courage to boldly take you towards your Godly destiny.
Love, The Pink Preacher Dallas, Texas

Attachments

• ThePinkPreacher.png
    ThePinkPreacher.png
    292.1 KB · Views: 3
Upvote 0

SeraTaru

Dec 5, 2017
Belfast
✟16,390.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Great that you have the courage and boldness for God to go where you're trembling to go!

But I urge caution.

Seriously if you'd started talking to me about God about 10 years ago I WOULD have attacked you and likely thrown you out. It's very rare that someone who is getting out of their head will want or be able to have a serious conversation with you.

If you still feel very strongly to go then how about asking God *why* you should go? Is it to evangelize or possibly is it to help clean up some of the carnage outside once the bars turn out.

Also - and very importantly - are you going yourself or in a group? Does the group you're going with have permission from the bars in question to hand out leaflets and "preach religion" (as it would be seen). If you have no permission, and trouble starts and the police are called - you could - depending on how things turn out - even be painted as the instigators.

So I admire your zeal. Fantastic and great to see. But remember Jesus urges "wise as serpents". You don't want to end up preaching to the hospital nurses if someone has smashed you in the face.

PS : I see from the thread that someone like ThePinkPreacher is doing this in a way that seems highly successful. I'd urge you to hook up with people like this and see what's working well and how to make it work for you as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would point out that both Jesus and Paul only went where they were invited or where speaking of God and/or morality was expected and permitted. Yes, particularly for Jesus, any manner of person may have invited Him, but the point is that He was invited or speaking in a place where such speech was expected.

The same is true of Paul. In Athens, he began speaking in the wrong place, was told where he was supposed to be, and he went there. In Philippi, there was no synagogue, so he went to the river explicitly because that was where he expected to find people already in worship. In Ephesus, after he was kicked out of the synagogue, he rented a lecture hall.

Upvote 0

gideon123

Humble Servant of God
Dec 25, 2011
USA
✟59,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In my youth, I spent some time in these places. That's not unusual for young people, especially the college-age crowd. Looking back on it, it accomplished nothing of value. There is nothing wrong with having a glass of wine (or beer) and laughing with your friends about the days events. Assuming you have sincere friends.

But if you want good friendship, you could just as easily go to a restaurant table, order some food and drinks, relax and talk about life and faith.

The difference is big. The motives of people in bars and clubs are completely in the wrong direction of where God is going in your life. If I was young again, I would waste no time in such places. And indeed, speaking honestly, I can't think of a single positive thing that came out of any of that stuff. Only misplaced priorities and bad choices in life.

Upvote 0