Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This parenting tip could change the game with your little ones.

I have not read every child psychology book, nor did I take a course on how to avoid/stop/end a child’s tantrum. But because of a personal experience with my 5-year-old daughter, I really want to share a “formula” that I learned recently so that people can change course when kids insist on getting all worked up over something small.

But first, I need to tell you a story. My daughter started kindergarten and she was a little anxious. She kept saying she wasn’t going to be able to keep up. And this behavior ended up unfolding at home: she was increasingly throwing tantrums over anything, even the smallest most meaningless things. On the school’s recommendation, we booked a few sessions with a child psychologist so that Alice could talk about what she was feeling in hopes things would calm down.

Continued below.
How to defuse a child's tantrum with one question

• Informative
Reactions: ralliann

Rene Loup

Left the pack, joined the flock.
Apr 13, 2020
Canada
✟62,140.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Interesting! The question seems to teach a child about having perspective. Answer, but also ask questions to encourage the development of thinking skills (1 John 4:1-6, 1 Peter 3:15-17, 1 Corinthians 14:33).

I have this bookmarked right now for later reading. Thank you for this article! God bless!

• Friendly
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0