• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

How to deal with spiritual marital affairs?

Lee

Dec 14, 2002
United States of America
✟466.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Brothers and sisters,

I have a cousin, Bee. He is struggling in his marriage. He marries a unbeliever at the time when he was an unbeliever too. Then he come to believe and give his life to Jesus. The only problem is that for about 10 years his wife still does not believe in Christ.

His wife loves the material of this world. And she tries to please others and show off the lifestyle that she has. She buys so many useless things. That is causing the family a financial burden. Add to that, she is hardly around to have and build personal relationships with her two children and her own husband. She does not see to honor her husband, and she doesn't know how to train her children upright.

Bee has run out of ideas and spiritual strength to lead on with his marriage. He knows that divorce is not biblical. So he just spend time not knowing where to head in his life for the moment.

My asking is "how do you deal with a marital problem like this?" Can some of you tell me how I should deal with this and how he should deal with this? Also if anyone of you have time, can you pray for him?

cyberwing

Blessed beyond the curse!
Aug 26, 2003
Heart of Dixie
Visit site
✟29,976.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually, this is not entirely correct. Divorce IS Biblical and does have reasons for it. "If the unbeliever wishes to depart, let him depart." "Two unequally yoked CANNOT walk together." Adultery is a biblical reason for divorce also. Don't swallow this 'divorce is against God' garbage. READ the Bible again. Jesus said he wished it were not necessary, but that he understood it was in some cases, because of man's sinful nature, especially when you made a covenant without understanding what that covenant WAS. Many women have died because they would not leave an abusive husband. They were told it wasn't biblical they had to stay and be abused. I'm sorry but I respectfully disagree. I suffered for a while in this situation and then began to seek after His advice and He led me to many scriptures that eased my heart about saving my baby son and myself. Jesus does NOT want His lambs abused in any way.
What your cousin should do is pray about this, read the scriptures about marriage and covenant relationship, this is a real eye opener! Then seek Jesus' answer. Perhaps your cousin is to be patient and love her anyway as Hosea did Gomer, in this way she will be brought to the knowledge of Christ. Only he and Jesus can solve this problem. No one else. He must seek his answers in prayer and through the Word of God. {{{hugs}}}
~Cyberwing

Upvote 0