How to deal with anti-Christian bias?

puptentjr

Dec 7, 2009
✟15,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I am new to this forum, and am having difficulties dealing with people ridiculing, insulting, and making hateful comments about Christians. I live in San Francisco, so see and hear a lot of it, and I am not able to brush it off easily. It will ruin my day (or longer), and cause me to question my faith. It would be very helpful to hear how others deal with it and prevent it from ruining or diminishing their spirit. Thank you.

Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Dearest sister,

Be happy with your relationship to God. Be happy with your salvation.
Your happiness is a fruit of your relationship with God. Just let your fruit grow, and put up your shield of faith in dire circumstances.

Do not rebuke them or condemn them. Their actions do that themselves.
Ours is a personal relationship, an intimate relationship, and a loving relationship with the Father, through the Son.

Try not to take their offenses personally. (easier said then done, I know)

These people are drowning in their guilt, and you can be a raft for them to cling to, by showing your Father's love, and His forgiveness of your own transgressions.

Remember the song you sang in Sunday School. "This little light of mine, i am gonna let it shine....."

Let it shine. I can see it from here!:)

May ALmighty give you His peace, so that you may give it others through Him!

Praise and exalt Him above all forever!

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
When talking one-on-one with a friend, I am open with them about problems I see in the church. It is good for people to know that we are self-correcting, and open to see internal faults.

I suspect you hear it publicly though, in a realm where you don't have an opportunity to respond. Be a calm and loving example, reminding people that it is not such an us:them conflict as they imagine.

Your faith is one of love and patience, meekness and hope. When you exercise your faith, it brings healing in people. This does not need questioning. The Christian Club mentality needs questioning though, so don't allow these provocations to drive you into the club mindset. The hope within you is the living God.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I am new to this forum, and am having difficulties dealing with people ridiculing, insulting, and making hateful comments about Christians. I live in San Francisco, so see and hear a lot of it, and I am not able to brush it off easily. It will ruin my day (or longer), and cause me to question my faith. It would be very helpful to hear how others deal with it and prevent it from ruining or diminishing their spirit. Thank you.

report it.

Upvote 0

fm107

Psalm 19:1-4 and Romans 1:20
May 12, 2009
London, UK
✟61,600.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
You shouldn't let it ruin your day rather let it bring out joy (hard at the time) because you will be rewarded greatly in heaven!

Matthew 5:12
Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Luke 6:23
"Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in heaven. For that is how their fathers treated the prophets.

All through out life people will ridicule you and persecute you:

John 15:20
Remember the words I spoke to you: 'No servant is greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also.

It's only going to get worse as the world declines into more and more evil. Stand strong, you are the salt of the earth. Don't feel sorry for yourself, feel sorry for these people as Satan has rule over them.

God bless.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

none of that is allowed on this forum. Report it.

Upvote 0
Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
i am no mindreader, but I believe the brother was referring to his hometown of sin fransinsco. Not the forum, from which he seeks advice.

But like I said, I dont have my crystal ball working just yet!:D

I personally don't see any antiChristian bias here. Alot of antiMuslim, and some antiJew, but no antiChristian with the exception of one satanist, who was probably just one of our fellows having a laugh.:confused:

Upvote 0

vortexting

Dec 26, 2009
✟7,663.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know this may sound tacky, but I think it would help to pray.

Not a long time ago, I used to post on a very liberal forum, and on this forum, there was a lot of anti-Christian activity as well. It led me to become temporarily agnostic, which truly did scare me.

One day, your faith will be worth it. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I know this may sound tacky, but I think it would help to pray.

Not a long time ago, I used to post on a very liberal forum, and on this forum, there was a lot of anti-Christian activity as well. It led me to become temporarily agnostic, which truly did scare me.

One day, your faith will be worth it. :)
Well said brother. Keep up the stance for the faith.

Praise and exalt Him above all forever!

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Originally Posted by brinny

i am no mindreader, but I believe the brother was referring to his hometown of sin fransinsco. Not the forum, from which he seeks advice.

But like I said, I dont have my crystal ball working just yet!:D

I personally don't see any antiChristian bias here. Alot of antiMuslim, and some antiJew, but no antiChristian with the exception of one satanist, who was probably just one of our fellows having a laugh.:confused:

it is here and flourishing. It needs to be reported.

Upvote 0
Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
it is here and flourishing. It needs to be reported.
i am no mod or ad, or whatever, so I suppose it's a mute point since it's none of my business, but I "personally" do not get around here as much as you, and I was simply trying to remind our brothers and sisters that the OP was asking for advice IRT his own "personal" experience off of the board from which he/she is seeking advice.

But trust me, that i am in complete agreement, that all hateful antichristian bias should be reported, I just havent seen it here on this Christian Forum, with the exception of that socalled satanist who seemed to be trying to get our goat.

But I reported it anyway.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jon_8

here and hereafter
Jan 4, 2010
✟15,234.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
One of the reasons why there is hatred and bias against Christians is because of the false information and tirade that is being spread by anti-Christians: other religious opponents, ideological groups opposing faith, and Satanists and those related to them. They are using blogs, websites, print publications to do this. Some are purposefully creating websites and blogs that appear to be Christian and are promoting false doctrines and deceptions. In other places - websites, forums, blogs and radio shows -some are using vulgar and abusive language and are promoting extreme ideas while using words such as 'Jesus', 'Christ', and phrases that are related to the Scripture. There appears to be treacherous activity that's going on in the background to provoke hatred and prejudice towards Christian faith. So this issue must be explained to those who misunderstand Christianity.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
One of the reasons why there is hatred and bias against Christians is because of the false information and tirade that is being spread by anti-Christians - other religious opponents, ideological groups opposing faith, and Satanists and those related to them. They are using blogs, websites, print publications to do this. Some are purposefully creating websites that appear to be Christian and are promoting false doctrines and deceptions. In other places like websites, forums, blogs and radio shows some are using vulgar and abusive language and are promoting extreme ideas while using words such as 'Jesus', 'Christ', and phrases that are related to the Scripture. There appears to be treacherous activity to provoke hatred and prejudice towards Christian faith. So this issue must be explained to those who misunderstand Christianity.

it is carrying over into this website.

Upvote 0

storm9

I, the LORD, ...test the mind (Jer 17:10)
Jan 15, 2010
UK
Visit site
✟7,694.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
dear friend my advice is this:

Speak out! If you hear them speaking evil of this, INTERVENE! by all means, let not people speak evil of the Gospel or Gods people, it is satan who started the rumour to begin with... you love them by rebuking them, save their souls! It is better to speak out than to remain silent! You have the Spirit of BOLDNESS and GOD in You, Use it to a good effect and dont get disheartened over a lie... rather if it is an injustice you can advise on it and action it evenmore?? !

Good luck ;) Blessings... X

Upvote 0

Martyr17

Martyr
Mar 29, 2010
✟7,685.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Show them the love of god, even though they may persecute you love them show them what god has done for you, and the Kingdom of the world does not matter when it comes to salvation, so why do we worry about how others look at us because we are christians rather we should pray for them.

Upvote 0