✟583,330.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
:) Welcome to Christian Forums.

So, it is good we know that bad words are wrong, and we need to not overreact to things.

"'Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.'" (Matthew 11:29)

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟931,284.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He often says bad words when his sports team is losing.Overreacts to everything.I try reading the bible to him and he gets mad.He tells me to not read the bible too much because he believes I will go crazy.
You can't change your father ...

Upvote 0

xaris

Sep 8, 2020
So. Cal
✟33,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He often says bad words when his sports team is losing.Overreacts to everything.I try reading the bible to him and he gets mad.He tells me to not read the bible too much because he believes I will go crazy.
Does he have documented cases as proof of that statement?
There are many testimonies including my own where I was crazy and God's Word brought me around to a sound mind.

Upvote 0

Of the Kingdom

Nov 26, 2018
Atlanta, Georgia
✟48,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I will pray for you and your father. I often post bible passages, but in this case a quote from alcoholics anonymous comes to mind.

"God, please give me the patience to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can change, and the wisdom to know the difference."

Over time, you may be surprised to find that things you could not change have become somewhat pliable. May God reveal further wisdom to you as you study His word.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

If you want him to read his choice of religious books to you, then you are obligated to read yours to him. Gently find out what is frustrating him and what he feels would solve the problem. But don't respond until next month. People don't like to be corrected. Next month you will know better and not respond.

Upvote 0

venksta

Jesus is humanity's most successful rebel.
May 12, 2004
Kingdom of God
✟78,724.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My father use to swear daily. It was quite terrible for us, growing up. Despite everything, it was God who humbled him to become aware of what he was truly saying and the impact on everyone. He still slips at times, as one will. But the change in him is a testament to God's work in him.

@Christian dbz , has your father put faith in Christ. If not, that is what you need to pray God for, and focus on. God is the one who will take care of the rest, and will lead you, through the Holy Spirit, on how to live as a godly son for your father, and a witness of Christ in his life.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟470,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

I am not sure how old you are or if you live with him, but if he is using the Lords name in vain and breaking the 3rd Commandment, I would try to distance yourself. Let your dad know you love him, but its hard to be around him when is is breaking God's law. Ask him nicely if he can not do that when you're around.

The power of prayer. God says to plant the seed and let Him take care of the rest. Pray for your father. Try not to to push the Bible on him too much, the Holy Spirit will guide you when its the right time to talk to him. Keep praying.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums