LDS How to Become a God

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
No, you don't understand that Jesus is the SON of God.
The one that doesn't understand is you.
Jesus is the Son of God, the second person in the Trinity , He is eternal, not created, He is God in the flesh. LDS is a false cult-like religion that is in complete opposition to Christianity!
1Tim 4:1 "1Now the Spirit expressly states that in later times some will abandon the faith To Follow DECEITFUL spirits and the doctrines of demons, 2 influenced by the hypocrisy of liars, whose consciences are seared with a hot iron.…"
Sorry but clearly shocking for any person who belongs to the mormon cult to think they are in any position to rebuke the true believers.
LDS teachings are what Paul described as "doctrines of demons that were taught by deceitful spirits--". Who the False Prophet Joseph Smith called "moroni" .
Down below is more of the spiritual lies that constitutes the beliefs taught in mormonism.

3heavens.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The church of LDS is in direct Opposition to Biblical Christian teachings is evident by example below. The LDS books/teachings are errors, blasphemy aka slander, and lies. It is not Christian, the fact that this cult pretends it is christian is anathema to the Judeo-Christian God who revealed Himself, His Son, & His only plan of salvation in the Holy Bible. How can it be anything but? It basically is calling God who over-saw the compiling of the Bible scripture a liar--which is what the Adversary Satan has always done.

Quote by Brigham Young (Mormonism's 2nd president-prophet): [In articulating the controversial Adam-God doctrine]
“I tell you more, Adam is the father of our spirits
…our spirits and the spirits of all the heavenly family were begotten by Adam,
and born of Eve.

I tell you, when you see your Father in the Heavens, you will see Adam; when you see your Mother that bore your spirit, you will see Mother Eve.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
God the Father is the Father of our spirits:
(New Testament | Hebrews 12:9 - 10)

9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.

(New Testament | Matthew 23:9)

9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

I've seen the family group sheets. There are spaces for Father and Mother.

Believers they are adopted sons and daughters. The Pharisees were among those who were not adopted; their father was Satan.

Satan is indeed a son of God as is Jesus Christ. I do not doubt that the Bible is correct about this.

That isn't biblical and it is a lie.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

Father, Son, and Holy Spirit eternally one God.

I'm afraid you are the one who doesn't understand.

• Agree
Reactions: Pedra
Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
God the Father is the Father of spirits. He created the spirits:

(New Testament | Hebrews 12:9)

9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

Jesus' spirit was one of those spirits.

Jesus was and is God. He was not created.

• Winner
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

Eternally begotten of the Father, God of God, Light of Light, true God of true God, begotten not made, of one Being with the Father.

-CryptoLutheran

• Winner
Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
The one that doesn't understand is you.
Jesus is the Son of God, the second person in the Trinity , He is eternal, not created, He is God in the flesh. LDS is a false cult-like religion that is in complete opposition to Christianity!
1Tim 4:1 "1Now the Spirit expressly states that in later times some will abandon the faith To Follow DECEITFUL spirits and the doctrines of demons, 2 influenced by the hypocrisy of liars, whose consciences are seared with a hot iron.…"
Sorry but clearly shocking for any person who belongs to the mormon cult to think they are in any position to rebuke the true believers.
LDS teachings are what Paul described as "doctrines of demons that were taught by deceitful spirits--". Who the False Prophet Joseph Smith called "moroni" .
Down below is more of the spiritual lies that constitutes the beliefs taught in mormonism.

3heavens.png

According to the Bible Jesus is the SON of God. He is also our brother.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

He is not a brother to Satan. He can only be a brother to us for we share humanity---angels are not human and He never became one of them to save them.

Please quote the verse that says Jesus calls Himself a brother to the angels.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
I've seen the family group sheets. There are spaces for Father and Mother.

Believers they are adopted sons and daughters. The Pharisees were among those who were not adopted; their father was Satan.

That isn't biblical and it is a lie.
I have proven it is indeed Biblical.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Father, Son, and Holy Spirit eternally one God.

I'm afraid you are the one who doesn't understand.
What did Jesus say:

(New Testament | John 20:17)

17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

I believe Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Disingenous. We know exactly what LDS teaches about Jesus, so your ambiguous use of the term "Son" is deceptive, and misleading.
LDS is not Christian and none of it's teachings resemble Christianity.
It is a Lie that you believe. Christianity was not broken or missing anything. Smith was a deceiver, and he is still deceiving those who follow him.

LDS is a paganistic religion as Pastor John MacArthur calls it that teaches there are an infinite number of "gods" with their own planets, so your use of of capitalizing the "G" is misleading and meaningless also.
Hey men, you too can become "God" in mormonism and have your very own goddess with whom you conceive multiple "spirit" children.
Jesus was not one of God's "spirit" children.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
(New Testament | Luke 2:52)

52 And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.
You must stop using Bible scripture in that deceptive manner, with the pretense that LDS follows Christian teachings- they do not.
The false prophet Joseph Smith, adulterated the gospel message of the Bible & Christian doctrines and beguiled some people in the 1800's, taking for himself a harem of foolish women, some of whom were already married women and in some girls as young as 14yrs. One young betrayed husband committed suicide when he lost his bride to the false prophet/cult leader Joseph Smith.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
You're equivocating on the word "son."
Jesus does not lie:

17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

I believe Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
You must stop using Bible scripture in that deceptive manner, with the pretense that LDS follows Christian teachings- they do not.
The false prophet Joseph Smith, adulterated the gospel message of the Bible & Christian doctrines and beguiled some people in the 1800's, taking for himself a harem of foolish women, some of whom were already married women and in some girls as young as 14yrs. One young betrayed husband committed suicide when he lost his bride to the false prophet/cult leader Joseph Smith.
He actually told you why he committed suicide? Who was this anyway?

Upvote 0

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Jesus does not lie:

I believe Jesus Christ.
I'm sorry no you don't , you believe LDS's twisted adulterated teachings, not the Biblical truth. You have been taught to believe a corruption. Jesus warns about those who think they knew Him, but did not. Don't be one of those who are told by Jesus --"I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness. "
Matt 7:22 " 21 Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me , on that day, "Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles? 23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness!’…"

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry no you don't , you believe LDS's twisted adulterated teachings, not the Biblical truth. You have been taught to believe a corruption. Jesus warns about those who think they knew Him, but did not. Don't be one of those who are told by Jesus --"I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness. "
Matt 7:22 " 21 Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me , on that day, "Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles? 23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness!’…"
(New Testament | 1 John 2:4 - 5)

4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

Upvote 0

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟232,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I think you're equivocating on the word son. For example, the bible designates several people as God's "firstborn son"

Ex 4:22 You must say to Pharaoh, ‘Thus says the Lord, “Israel is my son, my firstborn

Zech 12:10...they will look on Me whom they have pierced; and they will mourn for Him, as one mourns for an only son, and they will weep bitterly over Him like the bitter weeping over a firstborn.

Ps 89:27 I also shall make him My firstborn, The highest of the kings of the earth.​

So a "firstborn son" in cases like these is talking about rank, not a literal physical birth from a father and mother (Israel is a collective entity anyway). And it's used to denote different entities. Israel is God's firstborn as they are the chosen people. David is the firstborn as he is the highest rank among God's people.

2 Sam 7:13 He will build a house for my name, and I will make his dynasty permanent. 7:14 I will become his father and he will become my son. When he sins, I will correct him with the rod of men and with wounds inflicted by human beings. 7:15 But my loyal love will not be removed from him as I removed it from Saul, whom I removed from before you

1 Chr 17:13 I will be his father and he shall be My son; and I will not take My loving kindness away from him, as I took it from him who was before you.

1 Chr 28:6 "He said to me, ‘Your son Solomon is the one who shall build My house and My courts; for I have chosen him to be a son to Me, and I will be a father to him.​

This is again using son as a way of denoting rank, specifically the rank of the king as being the highest among God's people. But this isn't to be taken physically and literally. In any case, David and Solomon were already alive by the time God declared them his "son."

Christianity has recognized that Jesus' title of God's "Son" is used quite differently, especially in light of John's gospel and his especially high Christology. Jesus is God's son in the same sense of David, Solomon and Israel, but also even more so and in a unique way, as John describes.

So if you're not distinguishing the different ways in which God's "son" is being used, then you're equivocating.

Last edited:
Upvote 0