Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
"Where does this say that Jesus was on the earth, seen and FELT by all"? Are we trying to be funny?

Perhaps you might try to explain what you mean here. Jesus appeared to His disciples and they touched and felt Him----The Nephites apparently all saw Him, touched Him--this is not a vision. This is after the ascension when He sat down at the right hand of God and began His ministry as our High Priest. Once that happened, He has not set foot on the planet and will not until His return at the 2nd coming. The Nephites would be a 2nd coming to this earth. It is not as Jesus declared it would be---every eye shall see Him, all the dead saints resurrected---until He comes in that way, Jesus said to not go where people say there are for He will not be there---The Nephite is a false coming. Either a figment of JS imagination or a deception given to JS by Satan, either way, it is not of God.

8 And it came to pass, as they understood they cast their eyes up again towards heaven; and behold, they asaw a Man bdescending out of heaven; and he was clothed in a white robe; and he came down and stood in the midst of them; and the eyes of the whole multitude were turned upon him, and they durst not open their mouths, even one to another, and wist not what it meant, for they thought it was an angel that had appeared unto them.

9 And it came to pass that he stretched forth his hand and spake unto the people, saying:

10 Behold, I am Jesus Christ, whom the prophets testified shall come into the world.

11 And behold, I am the alight and the life of the world; and I have drunk out of that bitter bcup which the Father hath given me, and have glorified the Father in ctaking upon me the sins of the world, in the which I have suffered the dwill of the Father in all things from the beginning.

12 And it came to pass that when Jesus had spoken these words the whole multitude afell to the earth; for they remembered that it had been bprophesied among them that Christ should cshow himself unto them after his ascension into heaven.

13 And it came to pass that the aLord spake unto them saying:

14 Arise and come forth unto me, that ye may athrust your hands into my side, and also that ye may bfeel the prints of the nails in my hands and in my feet, that ye may know that I am the cGod of Israel, and the God of the whole dearth, and have been slain for the sins of the world.

15 And it came to pass that the multitude went forth, and thrust their hands into his side, and adid feel the prints of the nails in his hands and in his feet; and this they did do, going forth one by one until they had all gone forth, and did see with their eyes and did feel with their hands, and did know of a surety and did bear record, that it was he, of whom it was written by the prophets, that should come.

16 And when they had all gone forth and had witnessed for themselves, they did cry out with one accord, saying:

17 Hosanna! Blessed be the name of the Most High God! And they did fall down at the feet of Jesus, and did aworship him.

18 And it came to pass that he spake unto aNephi (for Nephi was among the multitude) and he commanded him that he should come forth.

19 And Nephi arose and went forth, and abowed himself before the Lord and did bkiss his feet.

20 And the Lord commanded him that he should aarise. And he arose and stood before him.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
That's not an answer to my question. The Mayans had interpreters from quite early on; some of them were and are quite (in)famous to this day, like Malintzin (that's where we get the word malinchismo from, which is sort of like disloyalty by attraction to other cultures, i.e., being a "sell out" towards one's own culture in favor of another). So they wouldn't have needed to speak Spanish to any great degree. Further, the Spanish really trusted their interpreters, because they were the way to communicate with the wider population. You don't think that at least one of these trusted people would've said "Ah, yes, we have heard about when this Jesus figure came to our grandfathers centuries ago", if this was an actual historical event? Remember, the Mayans are some of the same people who had the only indigenously-developed writing system in the Americas at the time of the Spanish arrival, and they used that writing to record just such historical events and epics, as we can see by the study of the remaining monuments at Palenque and elsewhere. It's also rather strange that Jesus doesn't show up in any of these records...

("A white god with a beard" is Jesus, you say? So Jesus was a white guy? A Spanish guy, even? :scratch:)
Quetzalcoatl is the Aztec god that is a corrupted version of Jesus Christ.
Viracocha is the Inca god that is a corrupted version of Jesus Christ.
Kukulkan is the Mayan god that is a corrupted version of Jesus Christ.

The plum or feathers gave this god the ability to fly down from heaven and fly back up to heaven.
The serpent body represents his humanity or ability to be on the earth.

Both associated with a bearded, white god, that came and taught there people and blessed them by healing their sick etc. and then ascended into heaven but promised he would return one day.

The same Mayan story links Kukulkan between the Mayan people and the BOM. Only the BOM presents a historical event that is about Jesus coming down from heaven, and blessing their people by healing their sick and healing the blind etc. and teaching them his gospel, then returning into heaven and promises them he will return one day.

The bearded, white god is all over central and south America going back as far as 1600bc to the present.

Google all day long and read up. It is interesting.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟428,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

There is zero evidence for this, or anything else that you claim in this post. I'm not going to "Google it all day long". I have many other things to do, none of which involve bolstering an evidence-free theory that just so happens to support the Mormon fantasy regarding the 'Nephites' and 'Lamanites' and all of this other stuff that never existed.

You make the claim, you provide the evidence. That's how claiming things works. You don't just say "Google it". Google is not a source.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
I am Honduran by blood. I have done much research on the gods of the Aztec, Mayan, and Inca. Much of my family still are scattered throughout Mexico and into Costa Rica, where I was born, and into Peru--the land of the Incas. Many are now in the states. We know about the white gods. And one thing that you, nor your people have ever understood is the meaning of black and white in ancient writings. Black stood for death, evil, outsiders and those who wished harm on the locals. White stood for purity, truth, good---still does through much of the world. You are reading Mormon theology into Indian culture. It is what you do with the Jewish culture also. Sorry, but you are wrong on all counts. Our culture has nothing to do with Mormonism nor, for that matter, Christianity. To this day, much of Christianity there is riddled with ancient pagan believes.
Many pictures that depict this bearded, white god make his skin look lighter than those around him.

Whether or not white = pure and black = evil, if Jesus did come to these people from the middle east, his skin color would have been lighter than theirs, hence a white bearded god.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
There is zero evidence for this, or anything else that you claim in this post. I'm not going to "Google it all day long". I have many other things to do, none of which involve bolstering an evidence-free theory that just so happens to support the Mormon fantasy regarding the 'Nephites' and 'Lamanites' and all of this other stuff that never existed.

You make the claim, you provide the evidence. That's how claiming things works. You don't just say "Google it". Google is not a source.
If I were to ask you to google all day long, I would expect this kind of reply. But how long do you think it takes to google "Quetzalcoatl"? I did it in 10 seconds. So go ahead and give it a try. It may open you eyes to a new world of BOM evidence.

I did not want to just limit you to 1 website.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Viracocha is the Inca god that is a corrupted version of Jesus Christ.
Kukulkan is the Mayan god that is a corrupted version of Jesus Christ.

The plum or feathers gave this god the ability to fly down from heaven and fly back up to heaven.
The serpent body represents his humanity or ability to be on the earth.

Both associated with a bearded, white god, that came and taught there people and blessed them by healing their sick etc. and then ascended into heaven but promised he would return one day.

The same Mayan story links Kukulkan between the Mayan people and the BOM. Only the BOM presents a historical event that is about Jesus coming down from heaven, and blessing their people by healing their sick and healing the blind etc. and teaching them his gospel, then returning into heaven and promises them he will return one day.

The bearded, white god is all over central and south America going back as far as 1600bc to the present.

Google all day long and read up. It is interesting.

QUOTE="dzheremi, post: 74332128, member: 357536"]There is zero evidence for this, or anything else that you claim in this post. I'm not going to "Google it all day long". I have many other things to do, none of which involve bolstering an evidence-free theory that just so happens to support the Mormon fantasy regarding the 'Nephites' and 'Lamanites' and all of this other stuff that never existed.

You make the claim, you provide the evidence. That's how claiming things works. You don't just say "Google it". Google is not a source.[/QUOTE]

There are many stories through Mexico and into South America of bearded white gods---many of them with red heair and beards. And it is true that these Indians traditionally do not have much facial hair, many had none. There are no records at all stating that Jesus had red hair. However, there is some evidence that these stories are of early Vikings---many of which certainly do have red hair and red beards. The stories usually state that several of these visitors came, not just one, and that the leader of the group was determined to be a god and would be the main one depicted. You have to be careful of some of those articles as some are from LDS sources and are twisted to substantiate their view point instead of the truth if the culture. They have written tons of articles and you have to dig to find the ones that are not biased in their favor. They, of course, totally reject the Viking evidence.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Jacques de Mahieu, born in Marseilles in 1908, served in a French artillery detachment during World War II. After the war, to avoid persecution for his nationalistic views, he left France for Argentina, where he taught social science and founded the Institute for Human Science. Most of his later years were devoted to investigating the possibility that Vikings were the founding fathers of prehistoric South American kingdoms. He has written several books on this subject, one of which, Drakkars sur L’Amazone, has been published by Editions Copernic, 11 rue Sainte-Felicite, 75015 Paris, France.

WHEN EUROPEANS landed on the American continent some 500 years ago, they were greatly surprised to come across White Indians. There were countless witnesses to these events — conquistadors, sailors, explorers, voyagers and, more recently, engineers of Brazil’s highway department working on the trans-Amazonian freeway. They all reported their astonishment that from Alaska to Tierra del Fuego, in areas where in historical times there could have been no mixture with Whites, men with White skin, often with blond hair and blue eyes, lived in the midst of tribes of Mongolian origin.

It follows that pre-Columbian America contained people belonging to the White race. The natives had no doubt about this. The chroniclers at the time of the Conquest (Spaniards, mestizos and hispanicized Indians) have described indigenous traditions centered upon culture-bearing White gods. These gods are supposed to have come across the sea from the east and later gone back, not without first announcing that they would one day return. Such tales are not the products of wild fantasy. In 1925 the archaeologists Tello and Lothrop discovered in pre-Incan caves in Peru’s Paracas peninsula approximately 700 mummies, many of which displayed blond hair and similar Nordic racial traits.

Who Were the White Gods?

In regard to North America, the riddle of the origin of the White gods is easy to solve, at least theoretically. From the beginning of the 11th to the 14th century, Norway had important settlements in Vinland, which included part of New England. As the Sagas also tell us, the Irish supported flourishing colonies further east and south in Huitramannaland (land of the White men). But in Middle and South America? Even the most fantastic hypotheses have not been lacking. It has been claimed that traces of Phoenicians, Hebrews, Greeks, Romans, Cretans, Egyptians and even Cro-Magnons have been found in Mexico, Peru and Brazil. Nothing much has ever been proved by these various theories, but nothing should be excluded. It seems the whole world was searching for a continent before the time of Columbus, a continent which at least since the beginning of recorded history was fully known, as many European maps confirm. To be more precise, we do have an exact date for the landing of Whites in Panuco, Mexico. It was A.D. 967. This was the year, inscribed in the stone of Chichen-Itza, of the arrival of Quetzalcoatl, the culture hero of Mexico’s prehistory. What Nordic people had ocean-going ships in that era? The answer furnishes us with a useful working hypothesis.

A study of books which consumed twenty years of our time before we published a single line gave us a solid foundation for our intensive research. The traditions of the natives have handed down four names of the most important culture bearers and all four are of Scandinavian origin: Ullman (the man Ull, god of the hunt in German mythology), in Mexico named Quetzalcoatl; Naymlap in Ecuador (Indian perversion of Heimlap, a “piece of the fatherland” in Norse, the ancient Danish-Norwegian speech); Votan or Wotan in the tongue of the Mayas and Chiumes; Huiracocha (the Quichuas pronounce this Huir’ kosch) in Peru (from the Norse huitr, White, and goth, god)…

In 1840 Abbot Brasseur de Bourbourg stated some 300 words of the Quiche-Maya language had been derived from Danish, German, Anglo-Saxon, Gaelic and Latin roots. In 1870 Vincente Fidel Lopez found in the Quichua language more than 1,000 Indo-European root words which had obvious Germanic or Latin forms. For our part we maintain that all the personal titles of the Inca kingdom were Nordic: ayar, as the four founders of the empire were named, came from jarl, the war leader; inca (or inga as the chroniclers described it) from ing, one of the Nordic suffixes for family origin; auki, the title borne by the sons of the Incas until their marriage, deriving from auki, offspring; kapak, title of the emperor, from kappi, brave man, hero, conqueror, knight; scyri, title of the kings of Quito (Ecuador), from the comparative of skirri, sky, shining, bright, pure. As for the mythology of the Mexicans and Peruvians, it appears to be a poor copy of Scandinavian. Moreover, how shall we doubt the Nordic origin of the sauna, the use of which was very common in both the Yucatan and Anahuac?

On the basis of the Spanish chronicles, we were able to establish in the course of our research that it was Vikings from Schleswig who civilized Mexico and later, at the beginning of the 11th century, founded the state of Tiahuanacu, which stretches from present-day Colombia (where the highland of Bogota is still called Cundimanarca, a slight transformation of Kondanemarka, the royal Danish mark) south to Valparaiso in Chile. About 1290 the Scandinavians were attacked and beaten by tribes of Araukaner Indians near Coquimbo. Some of the survivors managed to make it to the sea in rafts and eventually reached the Pacific islands. Others withdrew to the mountains of Apurimac, where ten years later under the command of Manko Kapak (man kon, the kingly man, in Norse), marched on Cuzco and founded there the state of the Incas, that is, the state of the “descendants.” Others fled back into the tropical forests near the equator east of the Andes. In Paraguay, the presence of White Indians has been known since the Spanish conquest. These “Indians” preferred to burn their settlements in 1628 and become nomads rather than accept the conditions of semi-slavery offered them by the Jesuit missionaries. A few hundred of them still live in the Caaguazu and Amambay mountains. They are the Guayaki, a word in the Quichua language which means “the Whites of the plain.”

We were able to carry out a series of anthropological investigations of some of the Guayakis, thanks to the cooperation of the Paraguayan military forces. The results left no doubt. We found a degenerate population of Aryans of Nordic race mixed with local Guarani Indians, all of them illiterate, who drew “tribal symbols” for us which had the appearance of runes. At their direction and with a little luck we managed to excavate in a long-abandoned village an urn full of ceramic fragments ornamented with runes and Nordic symbols. Now we had tangible proof. Some of the designs resembled parts of the Scandinavian wall tapestry of Overhogald with its llamas. A depiction of a monk of Tiahuanacu reminded us, apart from its style, of the apostle in the Amiens Cathedral. There were also similarities to the map of Martin Waldseemuller, which in 1509, before Balboa had reached the Pacific coast of America, accurately sketched the outline of South America.

Inscriptions and Memorials

Later our discoveries multiplied. On a trail leading from Tiahuanacu to the Atlantic we found a Viking station in the neighborhood of Villarica, Paraguay, that contained an amazing Odin portrait, a tree of life, a world snake and various clearly legible runic inscriptions. On one we read dothhof om vrith rimi (cemetery by the storm-swept mountains). Next we discovered in the north of eastern Paraguay open rock caves, whose walls were covered with many half-faded runic inscriptions of different time periods. Our runologist, Hermann Munk, translated sixty-one of them. Here is a sample: uik uina klok luth thiate kle auf (war has come to Klok, praise to you … Father on high). On the peak of Itaguambype (Mason mountain) in the same locality, we found ruins of a fortified place, which measured 300 meters on its longest side, and boasted a stonewall 10 meters high and 3 meters thick. Some 160 km southwest, we came upon the walls of an important pre-Columbian settlement near the village of Tacuati In a ruined temple of 29 by 10 meters we found two runic inscriptions and a drawing of Odin on horseback. Not far from the village a small stream cascaded over a stone which bore the visible inscription, toth log (peaceful brook).

In the Brazilian state of Piaui, we explored the Seven Cities, a place with statues of human figures of European appearance and many runic inscriptions. One of the latter contained the words skea akma an matsis (“the intelligent bearded men in their residence on the plain”). To the south of Rio de Janeiro Hermann Munk deciphered an already known but still unriddled inscription in the Nordic helmet of a large figure of Aryan appearance. En hinli fill eikthils sithil esk kius means “near this rock are many oak planks for ships on the beaches of coarse sand.” Rio at that time must have been a stronghold where Viking ships put in for necessary repairs on their voyages between the ports of the Amazon and the island of Santa Catarina.

It should be pointed out that the deciphered and translated inscriptions were rarely in the classical Norse. Most were a mixture of Norse and Old Low German, especially the German typical of Schleswig in the Middle Ages.

In this article we have only been able to offer a few proofs of the presence of Vikings in pre-Columbian South America. But they leave little room for skepticism. Between 1305 and 1457, the years our inscriptions are dated, there were men in present-day Brazil and Paraguay who spoke a Schleswig dialect and wrote in runic signs. Unfortunately, it is not possible in this space to condense the contents of my five books on this subject. As we said, we have only been able to provide a few specific examples of our discoveries. It has taken thirty years of research to progress from a working hypothesis to a theory and finally to a thesis. Today the Viking kingdom of Tiahuanacu is history.

The above article, originally in French, was translated from the German rendition in Nation Europa, a conservative West German monthly.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
For crying out loud!!! This was not after His ascension!! It was before it, it was after His resurrection!!
Yes it was after His ascension.

(New Testament | Luke 24:50 - 51)

50 ¶ And he led them out as far as to Bethany, and he lifted up his hands, and blessed them.
51 And it came to pass, while he blessed them, he was parted from them, and carried up into heaven.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟428,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
There are many stories through Mexico and into South America of bearded white gods---many of them with red heair and beards. And it is true that these Indians traditionally do not have much facial hair, many had none. There are no records at all stating that Jesus had red hair. However, there is some evidence that these stories are of early Vikings---many of which certainly do have red hair and red beards. The stories usually state that several of these visitors came, not just one, and that the leader of the group was determined to be a god and would be the main one depicted. You have to be careful of some of those articles as some are from LDS sources and are twisted to substantiate their view point instead of the truth if the culture. They have written tons of articles and you have to dig to find the ones that are not biased in their favor. They, of course, totally reject the Viking evidence.

I should've been more clear: I know that the stories themselves exist. What I deny is that they in any way prop up the Mormon idea that they represent the coming of Jesus to the Americas. There is absolutely no evidence of that. I don't believe the Maya or any other peoples of the Americas would've been so stupid as to have such monumental meetings with someone who they thought to be one of their gods (according to the Mormon idea) and yet not record it in some way, when those that had writing recorded much less significant details (comparatively) in their stele, like the birth or death of certain nobles. It is a bit strange that they wouldn't have even had room to put it into any of the existing histories that are recorded there. "So and so reined from X to Y...oh and by the way, the white sky God Jesus came to us." That wouldn't be so hard.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

50 ¶ And he led them out as far as to Bethany, and he lifted up his hands, and blessed them.
51 And it came to pass, while he blessed them, he was parted from them, and carried up into heaven.

You truly have no idea what the bible says!!

Why are you posting Luke 24:50-51 ass though that is something that happens right after John 21????

John 21 did not happen after the ascension, it happened after His resurrection. His ascension is not until His finale appearance where He goes to sit on the right hand of God and starts His duty as our High Priest. The resurrection is in John 20---John does not write about His ascension.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Unlikely. Do you have evidence to back this up, or is this the typical throwing out unsubstantiated statements in order to support your assertion?
Kukulcan had a human form as well as his feathered serpent form. Kukulcan would transform into a man standing about 6 feet tall with long white hair, but most interestingly he was a male Caucasian man with white skin!

We find writing from the Mayans and sculptures of what is thought to be Kukulcan and they depict a very European looking figure, totally different from how the Mayan's looked.

Mayan's were dark skinned Latin looking people. They were normally not very tall and had brown eyes. Kukulcan in his human form was a complete contrast, having white or silver hair, white skin, blue eyes, and he was tall.

Scientist and scholars alike have all wondered,

Why this could have been the case? Why would a civilization have a divine figure, a god that looked nothing like themselves? Why would he look like people found in Western civilization?

From: https://universallighthous.wixsite....quetzalcoatl-a-tall-white-man-with-blues-eyes

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Kukulcan had a human form as well as his feathered serpent form. Kukulcan would transform into a man standing about 6 feet tall with long white hair, but most interestingly he was a male Caucasian man with white skin!

We find writing from the Mayans and sculptures of what is thought to be Kukulcan and they depict a very European looking figure, totally different from how the Mayan's looked.

Mayan's were dark skinned Latin looking people. They were normally not very tall and had brown eyes. Kukulcan in his human form was a complete contrast, having white or silver hair, white skin, blue eyes, and he was tall.

Scientist and scholars alike have all wondered,

Why this could have been the case? Why would a civilization have a divine figure, a god that looked nothing like themselves? Why would he look like people found in Western civilization?

From: https://universallighthous.wixsite....quetzalcoatl-a-tall-white-man-with-blues-eyes

This comes pretty much from some guy named Christ Tidwell about which nobody can find any info
from a weird site that carries everything from soup to nuts

This site is offered under

Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.

It’s okay to republish anything as long as original attribution bio is included and all links remain intact.

by Chris Tidwell
April 25, 2007

Ancient Deities

with Possible Origins in Atlantis!

Who Were Kukulcan and Quetzalcoatl - The Mayan Mystery

You got something from some actual Non-Mormon, non-whacko source??

• Haha
Reactions: BigDaddy4
Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
You truly have no idea what the bible says!!

Why are you posting Luke 24:50-51 ass though that is something that happens right after John 21????

John 21 did not happen after the ascension, it happened after His resurrection. His ascension is not until His finale appearance where He goes to sit on the right hand of God and starts His duty as our High Priest. The resurrection is in John 20---John does not write about His ascension.
You do know that Jesus told Mary not to touch Him because He had not ascended to His Father yet later that day He allowed His apostles to touch Him because He had ascended to His Father.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
This comes pretty much from some guy named Christ Tidwell about which nobody can find any info
from a weird site that carries everything from soup to nuts

This site is offered under

Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.

It’s okay to republish anything as long as original attribution bio is included and all links remain intact.

by Chris Tidwell
April 25, 2007

Ancient Deities

with Possible Origins in Atlantis!

Who Were Kukulcan and Quetzalcoatl - The Mayan Mystery

You got something from some actual Non-Mormon, non-whacko source??

"
According to Maya legend, the Maya were visited by a robed Caucasian man with blond hair, blue eyes and a beard who taught the Maya about agriculture, medicine, mathematics and astronomy. This being was Kukulkan – the Feathered Serpent.

Kukulan warned the Maya of another bearded white man who would not only conquer the indigenous people of Central America, but would also enforce a new religion upon them before he was to return. Despite the warning, the Maya mistakenly welcomed the invading Cortes as Quetzalcoatl."

From: Kukulkan (Quetzalcoatl): Feathered Serpent And Mighty Snake God | Ancient Pages

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
You do know that Jesus told Mary not to touch Him because He had not ascended to His Father yet later that day He allowed His apostles to touch Him because He had ascended to His Father.

I already mentioned that!! That was for a few hours and not the permanent ascension. Apparently, nither you nor Peter read that post, as I had to mention that to him also. As I said---that is not THE ASCENSION. The ascension is when the disciples witnessed it, and He went up to sit at the right hand of God and be our High Priest.

Act 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
Act 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
Act 1:9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
Act 1:10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
Act 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

When He returns---it will be in the same manner---not secretly to some other place ---He said to not believe anyone who says He will appear somewhere---yet Mormons believe He did, in direct disobedience to His word.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
"
According to Maya legend, the Maya were visited by a robed Caucasian man with blond hair, blue eyes and a beard who taught the Maya about agriculture, medicine, mathematics and astronomy. This being was Kukulkan – the Feathered Serpent.

Kukulan warned the Maya of another bearded white man who would not only conquer the indigenous people of Central America, but would also enforce a new religion upon them before he was to return. Despite the warning, the Maya mistakenly welcomed the invading Cortes as Quetzalcoatl."

From: Kukulkan (Quetzalcoatl): Feathered Serpent And Mighty Snake God | Ancient Pages

LOL!! No need to capitalize that big! I already said there is evidence of white bearded men in ancient drawings. Thank you for this site---I also have it earmarked. They have this:

Kolob is an important part of Mormons faith. They have included its name in different hymns, called canyons and mountains after this star. Also, the Mormons name their denomination’s sub-divisions after Kolob. To them Kolob exists.

Left: A stained glass window of Joseph Smith's First Vision. Credit: Public Domain. Right: A distant star in the universe. Credit: Public Domain

Others may not be so sure. Kolob is not found in any astronomical observation, either ancient or modern. This lack of observation leads many to doubt that the star is what the Mormons say it is.

What is Kolob and how did it get its prominent position?

Why Is Kolob So Important To The Mormons?
First, Kolob’s importance comes from what is said about it in the Book of Abraham. Its first entry comes in chapter 3, verse 2 & 3 of that Mormon holy book. In that passage Abraham describes his vision and states what he saw and heard. Abraham states that he saw that Kolob was the closest star to god’s throne.

The passage has God saying that there are greater and lesser stars, with the greater ones ruling over the latter. Then God says that Kolob is the greatest of all stars and rules them all.

Detail of Facsimile No. 2 (the Hypocephalus of Sheshonq). Reference numeral 1 represents Kolob according to Joseph Smith. Critics interpret this as an altered figure of a creator god. Credit: Public Domain

Second, the rotation and essence of time is not the same as that on Earth. Mormons claim that Kolob’s rotation is similar to God’s timing where one day equals a thousand years on Earth. The Mormon’s also say that the Garden of Eden worked on God’s time.

In their reckoning Kolob fell from the presence of the Earth when Adam sinned.

Third, Mormon’s believe that Kolob gives light to the whole universe. Because it was the first star created and is nearest the source of all light, Kolob mimics God.

Has Kolob Been Found?
If one searches the different astronomical observations that have taken place from the ancient world to the present, one would see that there has been no sighting of the Mormon star Kolob. No one has seen this star, not even Mormon astronomers.

There is some debate even in Mormon circles if the star is real or just a metaphor for Christ. There are numerous reasons put forward as to why no one can see this star. One reason is as described, it is a metaphor and not a real star.

Another is that Kolob is found in a different solar system or galaxy. Its location is hard to determine because it may have been given a scientific name instead of being identified with the Mormon belief.

A third reason is that Kolob’s location is in a different reality or realm. For example, it may be found in another dimension. It is hard to prove the existence of a star that resides in a dimension unknown to man.

Is Kolob Mentioned In The Bible?
Unfortunately for those who think Kolob actually is mentioned in the Bible, the star has no direct mentioning in Christian scriptures. What Mormons do is take passages out of context and apply it to their belief about Kolob and then declare that their star is found within the biblical pages.

Facsimile No. 2 from the Book of Abraham, which is the most interesting book in the Pearl of Great Price, which Smith said discusses Kolob. The part Smith said refers to Kolob is numbered by a "1" in the center. Credit: Public Domain

One argument for its inclusion in the Bible compares the lack of the name Jesus being mentioned in the Old Testament. The Old Testament talks about Jesus but never uses his name. The same thinking applies to Kolob. Different verses talk about Kolob but does not directly use its name.

It is a stretch of an argument which has no exegetical foundation to it. Kolob is mentioned only in Mormon sacred texts, with the book of Abraham as the key source.

Kolob In Television
There is rumor that Kolob was the inspiration behind the mother planet used in Battle Star Galactica. The creators of that show use the term Kobol but describe that planet as the origin of life

Whether that is true or not doesn’t change the status of the Mormon star. To the Mormons it is the most important star in the universe and the one nearest to God’s throne. Its existence is a question for another day as even the Mormons cannot agree if it is a physical or metaphorical location.

One thing for sure, Kolob has no association with the Bible nor the Christian faith. It is a star that is found in Mormon religious teaching alone.

Reactions: twin.spin
Upvote 0

twin.spin

Trust the LORD and not on your own understanding
May 1, 2010
✟72,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
This sentence from post #1296:
"What Mormons do is take passages out of context and apply it to their belief about Kolob and then declare that their star is found within the biblical pages."

is true about any Mormon stated belief:
"What Mormons do is take passages out of context and apply it to their belief about ___ and then declare that ______ is found within the biblical pages."​

which is another way of saying: Mormonism twist Scriptures.

• Agree
Reactions: BigDaddy4
Upvote 0

twin.spin

Trust the LORD and not on your own understanding
May 1, 2010
✟72,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
As far as what possibly appeared to the Mayan peoples is probably this:
"For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; "

and it worked so well with the Mayan that Mormon prophets are "no great thing" … it's just another causality of the same type of deception.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
I already mentioned that!! That was for a few hours and not the permanent ascension. Apparently, nither you nor Peter read that post, as I had to mention that to him also. As I said---that is not THE ASCENSION. The ascension is when the disciples witnessed it, and He went up to sit at the right hand of God and be our High Priest.

Act 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
Act 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
Act 1:9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
Act 1:10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
Act 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

When He returns---it will be in the same manner---not secretly to some other place ---He said to not believe anyone who says He will appear somewhere---yet Mormons believe He did, in direct disobedience to His word.
You said: "I already mentioned that!! That was for a few hours and not the permanent ascension."

There is no permanent ascension, Jesus will come again. Neither is there only one ascension. Jesus comes and goes as He pleases. He can also appear to whoever He pleases. We do not control Him.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
This sentence from post #1296:
"What Mormons do is take passages out of context and apply it to their belief about Kolob and then declare that their star is found within the biblical pages."

is true about any Mormon stated belief:
"What Mormons do is take passages out of context and apply it to their belief about ___ and then declare that ______ is found within the biblical pages."​

which is another way of saying: Mormonism twist Scriptures.
I have never said that Kolob is mentioned in the Bible. Is Trinity mentioned in the Bible?

Upvote 0