Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
What is your point? There are not multiple gods. Men do not evolve and become gods and have their own planets to rule. The created cannot become "God" who alone is an infinite, eternal being that created all.
The Lord Jesus is the Messiah of Israel, He is the salvation of the gentiles, Jesus is one with the FATHER, Yahweh means "the God who saves", Yeshuah "the Lord is Salvation".
Pardon me, but why is it that when you disagree then are given an answer response in a post, you just ignore the points given to you and scriptures presented and you move on and present another question?
The scriptures were related to the scriptures you posted. Jesus covenanted to be the only God and Saviour of Israel by delivering them from Egypt. That is why He was their only God and Saviour. He wanted them to understand that they were NOT to worship idols.

Upvote 0

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You are saying the exact things that the Jews were saying to Christ. Christ refuted them by telling them, "Ye are gods" and the scriptures cannot be broken. Listen to what Jesus told them. If you are gods, then why stone me for saying I am God? Listen to the text, not what pastor Peterson says he thinks it is, or the Strong compendium says what they think it means, just listen to the text itself.
My dears! it is the opposite that you have been taught in LDS. Mormonism is a religious cult that is not Christian, and it's deceptive teachings are an abomination unto God according to the Bible scriptures-- so please don't try to compare yourselves to Christ Jesus speaking to the Jews. Joseph Smith and his teachings are Anti-Christ , he was a deceiver and a false prophet.
According to the NT , and Galatians 1 as Paul taught , Mormonism is an anathema to the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
All you have to cling to is those three words which you have been taught to take out of context- you refuse to hear the truth and be taught sound doctrine ----too bad. May God open your eyes to the truth so you will flee the false teachings of mormonism and come to know Christ as your Lord and Savior. May God release you from this spiritual deception. It is only hope for your soul, that you repent and seek the truth in the Bible and be saved by the precious blood of Jesus Christ for your sins, by faith alone in Him through grace.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigDaddy4
Upvote 0

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The scriptures were related to the scriptures you posted. Jesus covenanted to be the only God and Saviour of Israel by delivering them from Egypt. That is why He was their only God and Saviour. He wanted them to understand that they were NOT to worship idols.
Jesus has always been God eternally , He did not have to work towards His deity.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Jesus has always been God eternally , He did not have to work towards His deity.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

That is exactly why Mormonism was so impossible to swallow! Every time I heard a lie such as that it made me feel miserable. The Mormon Jesus and prophets are pathetic liars.

Deuteronomy 4
35 Unto thee it was shewed, that thou mightest know that the LORD he is God; there is none else beside him.

Isaiah 43
10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

• Agree
Reactions: Pedra
Upvote 0

Pedra

Mar 6, 2015
✟36,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
@Peter1000 and @He is the way God our Father in heaven , who is revealed in the Bible, loves you that He sent His only Son Jesus Christ to pay the price for your sins if you believe in the biblical Jesus & His victory on Calvary too pay for your sins and give you eternal life through Christ Jesus.
Joseph Smith and Brigham Young had to add many writings to what has been given us in the Bible , in order to promote their own beliefs, Smith did not restore anything, he was deceived and on of the deceivers that JESUS Himself warned believers about. No one is to add to the canon of 66 books of the Bible.
Please get rid of all the LDS books & and Just read the New Testament.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

Most of this is true. What I object to is where they go off topic about Mormonism and start attacking Christian believes. Most of us do believe that Adam and Eve were the only 2 humans God created, and most of us do believe in the flood. We do believe in the long lived ages of those first preflood humans, There are some who do not, but they are not---as yet---the majority.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
That is exactly why Mormonism was so impossible to swallow! Every time I heard a lie such as that it made me feel miserable. The Mormon Jesus and prophets are pathetic liars.

Deuteronomy 4
35 Unto thee it was shewed, that thou mightest know that the LORD he is God; there is none else beside him.

Isaiah 43
10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.
Yes we know that Jesus Christ is the Lord God and our Savior. We also know that He did covenant with Israel to be their God. We also know that:
(Doctrine and Covenants | Section 93:26 - 30)

26 The Spirit of truth is of God. I am the Spirit of truth, and John bore record of me, saying: He received a fulness of truth, yea, even of all truth;
27 And no man receiveth a fulness unless he keepeth his commandments.
28 He that keepeth his commandments receiveth truth and light, until he is glorified in truth and knoweth all things.
29 Man was also in the beginning with God. Intelligence, or the light of truth, was not created or made, neither indeed can be.
30 All truth is independent in that sphere in which God has placed it, to act for itself, as all intelligence also; otherwise there is no existence.

So we know that "before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me."

What I said was the truth.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
My dears! it is the opposite that you have been taught in LDS. Mormonism is a religious cult that is not Christian, and it's deceptive teachings are an abomination unto God according to the Bible scriptures-- so please don't try to compare yourselves to Christ Jesus speaking to the Jews. Joseph Smith and his teachings are Anti-Christ , he was a deceiver and a false prophet.
According to the NT , and Galatians 1 as Paul taught , Mormonism is an anathema to the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
All you have to cling to is those three words which you have been taught to take out of context- you refuse to hear the truth and be taught sound doctrine ----too bad. May God open your eyes to the truth so you will flee the false teachings of mormonism and come to know Christ as your Lord and Savior. May God release you from this spiritual deception. It is only hope for your soul, that you repent and seek the truth in the Bible and be saved by the precious blood of Jesus Christ for your sins, by faith alone in Him through grace.
Faith without works is dead and will save no one.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
29 Man was also in the beginning with God. Intelligence, or the light of truth, was not created or made, neither indeed can be.

Total bunk. God created intelligence---he created the brain.
Really now---you want to explain how a God that is supposedly flesh and bone---can not produce a child that is flesh and bone? He can only produce "spirit children" who must become human. So you really believe that Adam and Eve did not produce a fully functioning child but only the body of one that some preexisting "intelligence" could enter in to? The child had no intelligence of it's own??!!! Pure hogwash!!

• Agree
Reactions: Pedra
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Total bunk. God created intelligence---he created the brain.
Really now---you want to explain how a God that is supposedly flesh and bone---can not produce a child that is flesh and bone? He can only produce "spirit children" who must become human. So you really believe that Adam and Eve did not produce a fully functioning child but only the body of one that some preexisting "intelligence" could enter in to? The child had no intelligence of it's own??!!! Pure hogwash!!
God created His own brain (intellect)? Really now.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
God created His own brain (intellect)?
Really now.

He is not your inefectual, inept God! You don't get the fact He always existed, always was God---with an intelligence far superior to anything. It's a hard truth, that is the power of the God we serve--the real God. ALWAYS EXISTED, ALWAYS WAS GOD---THERE IS NO OTHER AND NEVER WILL BE!!

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Yes we know that Jesus Christ is the Lord God and our Savior. We also know that He did covenant with Israel to be their God.

God did not covenant with Israel to be their God. God was God regardless. He was always God, not partially or potentially.

When is the last time you prayed to Jesus?

According to Mormonism, the god who is speaking throughout the Doctrine and Covenants is named Jesus:

(Doctrine and Covenants | Section 93:26 - 30)

26 The Spirit of truth is of God. I am the Spirit of truth, and John bore record of me, saying: He received a fulness of truth, yea, even of all truth;
27 And no man receiveth a fulness unless he keepeth his commandments.
28 He that keepeth his commandments receiveth truth and light, until he is glorified in truth and knoweth all things.
30 All truth is independent in that sphere in which God has placed it, to act for itself, as all intelligence also; otherwise there is no existence.

So we know that "before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me."

What I said was the truth.

In Mormonism, intelligences always existed. They were not called spirits or men. They had no physical bodies and they couldn't become humans until your god named Jesus formed Adam and Eve. All Mormon gods except your Holy Ghost are exalted men and that includes your Jesus.

Pearl of Great Price, Moses 3
7 And I, the Lord God, formed man from the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul, the first flesh upon the earth, the first man also; nevertheless, all things were before created; but spiritually were they created and made according to my word.
Moses 3

So any way that you describe it, your gods are formed and your fictitious Jehovah/Jesus lied.

Psalm 83
18 That men may know that thou, whose name alone is Jehovah, art the most high over all the earth.

1 Nephi 11
6 And when I had spoken these words, the Spirit cried with a loud voice, saying:
Hosanna to the Lord, the most high God; for he is God over all the earth, yea, even above all. And blessed art thou, Nephi, because thou believest in the Son of the most high God; wherefore, thou shalt behold the things which thou hast desired.

3 Nephi 11
17 Hosanna! Blessed be the name of the Most High God! And they did fall down at the feet of Jesus, and did worship him.

(Mormons don't even pray to Jesus!)

God is the Supreme Being in the universe.

God the Father is greater than all (see Ephesians 4:6; John 10:29).
  1. As the Supreme Being, God the Father should be the object of our love and worship (see D&C 18:40; 20:29; Joshua 22:5; Mark 12:30; D&C 4:2; Luke 4:8)
Chapter 3: God the Eternal Father

The Mormon God the Father speaking to Moses:

6 And I have a work for thee, Moses, my son; and thou art in the similitude of mine Only Begotten; and mine Only Begotten is and shall be the Savior, for he is full of grace and truth; but there is no God beside me, and all things are present with me, for I know them all.
Moses 1

Mormonism is SCREWY! :openmouth::frowning: :!!::!!::!!::!!::!!::!!::!!::!!::!!::!!::!!::!!::!!::!!::!!::!!::!!::!!::!!:

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0