Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
For a salvation presentation fairly long a lot of talking.

All a person has to do is to believe that Jesus is the promised Messiah from the prophecies of the Tanakh and trust in The Messiah for the free gift of God's Eternal Life. If they trust in The Messiah for Eternal Life they have it at the moment of their belief.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
1 Cor 15:1-4 is as clear as it gets.

Actually in 1 Corinthians 15, Paul is addressing a group of believers who say there is no resurrection.

Now if Christ is preached that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13 But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ is not risen. 14 And if Christ is not risen, then our preaching is empty and your faith is also empty. 15 Yes, and we are found false witnesses of God, because we have testified of God that He raised up Christ, whom He did not raise up—if in fact the dead do not rise. 16 For if the dead do not rise, then Christ is not risen. 17 And if Christ is not risen, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins! 18 Then also those who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. 19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men the most pitiable.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually in 1 Corinthians 15, Paul is addressing a group of believers who say there is no resurrection.

Now if Christ is preached that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13 But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ is not risen. 14 And if Christ is not risen, then our preaching is empty and your faith is also empty. 15 Yes, and we are found false witnesses of God, because we have testified of God that He raised up Christ, whom He did not raise up—if in fact the dead do not rise. 16 For if the dead do not rise, then Christ is not risen. 17 And if Christ is not risen, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins! 18 Then also those who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. 19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men the most pitiable.

And your point is?

Why not quote verses 1-4 directly and see how clear those verses are regarding how does one get saved now?

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
And your point is?

Why not quote verses 1-4 directly and see how clear those verses are regarding how does one get saved now?

But 1 Corinthians is not addressing how a person receives Eternal Life salvation.
Compare 1 Corinthians to The Gospel of John (which states it was written specifically to tell people how to have life (eternal life)).

The saving there (in 1 Corinthians) is the saving of people who are all ready believers. The New testament is full of examples of the saving of believers Romans 10 is also an example

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But 1 Corinthians is not addressing how a person receives Eternal Life salvation.
Compare 1 Corinthians to The Gospel of John (which states it was written specifically to tell people how to have life (eternal life)).

The saving there (in 1 Corinthians) is the saving of people who are all ready believers. The New testament is full of examples of the saving of believers Romans 10 is also an example

I am talking about 1 Cor 15:1-4, you know the contents of those 4 verses?

John will be the wrong place to go to, because John was preaching only to the circumcised (Galatians 2:9). John 20:31 was the gospel of the kingdom, where Israel needed to believe in the identity of Jesus as the Son of God.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I am talking about 1 Cor 15:1-4, you know the contents of those 4 verses?

John will be the wrong place to go to, because John was preaching only to the circumcised (Galatians 2:9). John 20:31 was the gospel of the kingdom, where Israel needed to believe in the identity of Jesus as the Son of God.

Do you understand what gives a person eternal life. It is trusting in Jesus for the free gift of His/God's Eternal Life.

It is faith in Jesus, not his death on the cross that gives eternal life. Jesus did not say eternal life is found in his death, He said eternal life is found in Him.

Jesus and his death and resurrection was one of many miracles that proved who Jesus said he was and that is the promised Messiah from The Tanakh (Unique Son of God). This death also took away the sin of the world, clearing the way for any person that believes in Jesus for eternal life, to be given life.

If you need a source outside of John
Paul even states this in Acts 16:30, 31

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you understand what gives a person eternal life. It is trusting in Jesus for the free gift of His/God's Eternal Life.

It is faith in Jesus, not his death on the cross that gives eternal life. Jesus did not say eternal life is found in his death, He said eternal life is found in Him.

Jesus and his death and resurrection was one of many miracles that proved who Jesus said he was and that is the promised Messiah from The Tanakh (Unique Son of God). This death also took away the sin of the world, clearing the way for any person that believes in Jesus for eternal life, to be given life.

If you need a source outside of John
Paul even states this in Acts 16:30, 31

You have eternal life because Christ died for your sins. He rose again as proof that your sins are forever put away before God.

Eternal life in the gospel of grace is based on the perfect work of Jesus at the cross.

During the 4 gospels, none of the 12 understood that Jesus had to die. None of them were camping outside the tomb on the 3rd day, counting down to his resurrection.

They don't have to then, because salvation under the gospel of the kingdom was based on believing Jesus as the Son of God (John 20:31). But that gospel is no longer valid for us now, as Paul reminded us in Galatians 1.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
You have eternal life because Christ died for your sins. He rose again as proof that your sins are forever put away before God.

Eternal life in the gospel of grace is based on the perfect work of Jesus at the cross.

During the 4 gospels, none of the 12 understood that Jesus had to die. None of them were camping outside the tomb on the 3rd day, counting down to his resurrection.

They don't have to then, because salvation under the gospel of the kingdom was based on believing Jesus as the Son of God (John 20:31). But that gospel is no longer valid for us now, as Paul reminded us in Galatians 1.

Adam and Eve received Eternal Life the same as anyone today. By trusting in God for the free gift of Life.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Adam and Eve received Eternal Life the same as anyone today. By trusting in God for the free gift of Life.

So, to you, someone just saying "I trust in God for eternal life!" is saved according to the gospel? Which gospel is that?

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
So, to you, someone just saying "I trust in God for eternal life!" is saved according to the gospel? Which gospel is that?

And he believed in the Lord, and He accounted it to him for righteousness.

For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.”

just as Abraham “believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.”

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And he believed in the Lord, and He accounted it to him for righteousness.

For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.”

just as Abraham “believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.”

Abraham believed God will give him descendants as numerous as the stars.

Is that really what you think we should believe in too?

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Abraham believed God will give him descendants as numerous as the stars.

Is that really what you think we should believe in too?

You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me.

For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me.

Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad.”

Now to Abraham and his Seed were the promises made. He does not say, “And to seeds,” as of many, but as of one, “And to your Seed,” who is Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me.

For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me.

Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad.”

Now to Abraham and his Seed were the promises made. He does not say, “And to seeds,” as of many, but as of one, “And to your Seed,” who is Christ.

Let me asked you again, "What do I need to believe about Christ, in order to be saved?"

If a non Christian ask you this, how would you specify to him? It is clearly not "Just believe in him and you will be saved!"

Believe WHAT about Christ?

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Let me asked you again, "What do I need to believe about Christ, in order to be saved?"

If a non Christian ask you this, how would you specify to him? It is clearly not "Just believe in him and you will be saved!"

if a person walked up to me and ask how to have eternal life (be saved) i would say.

Believe that Jesus is The promised Messiah (only begotten Son of God) from the prophecies of the Tanakh and trust in The Messiah for the free gift of God's Eternal Life.
Trust in Jesus for Eternal Life, if a person thought they needed to say something, I would tell them to say.

I believe you Jesus are the promised Messiah (only begotten Son of God) and i trust in you for Eternal life.

There is noting more a person can say, that is it, Gods message is that simple.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,641.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
if a person walked up to me and ask how to have eternal life (be saved) i would say.

Believe that Jesus is The promised Messiah (only begotten Son of God) from the prophecies of the Tanakh and trust in The Messiah for the free gift of God's Eternal Life.
Trust in Jesus for Eternal Life, if a person thought they needed to say something, I would tell them to say.

I believe you Jesus are the promised Messiah (only begotten Son of God) and i trust in you for Eternal life.

There is noting more a person can say, that is it, Gods message is that simple.

If that is the case, sad to say, you are not following the gospel of grace that the ascended Christ revealed to Paul. Only that gospel is valid for salvation in the BUT NOW period.

No wonder, you objected to the clarity of 1 Cor 15:1-4.

I repeat again, you are following the prescription in John 20:31, which is the gospel of the kingdom, and it was valid before, but no longer valid now.

Upvote 0

Nova2216

If truth is discounted then lies become normal.
May 16, 2020
America
Visit site
✟40,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Paul was told he MUST DO something to be saved in (Acts 9).

Three days later according to (Acts 9:9) Ananias tells Paul what he MUST DO to be saved.

1. Arise
2. Be Baptized (Acts 2:38,47 ; 8:5,12,13,26-40 ; 16:30-34 ; 22:16)
3. Wash Away Your Sins (Mark 16:16)
4. Calling On The Lord (Acts 2:21,38,47)

What Must I Do To Be Saved?

Upvote 0

Nova2216

If truth is discounted then lies become normal.
May 16, 2020
America
Visit site
✟40,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced

The answer is found in (Acts 8:5,12,13,26-40).

What Must I Do To Be Saved?

Upvote 0