linda1978

God's daughter
Nov 17, 2015
✟159.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hebrews 12:14 Pursue the goal of peace along with everyone—and holiness as well, because no one will see the Lord without it.
though we have received the Lord Jesus’ salvation and our sins have been forgiven, our sinful nature still exists, and we still lead a life of repeatedly committing sins by day and confessing them by night, having no way to break free from the bondage of sin.
In this case, who among us can see the Lord? As far as our present state is concerned, if God didn’t come to save us again, removing our sinful nature completely to make us become holy, how could we be worthy to meet the Lord?

Last edited:

Isthaail13

The Really Biblically Curious Guy
Dec 9, 2015
America
✟15,138.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
When it comes to reading a passage or two from the scripture, it's always good to read the whole passage (or book) to get a feel for the overall message. Once you have the general message, you can look at the verse in the context of that message.

Hebrews 12 is one of my favorite passages in the Bible because it explains a major part of why the faithful endure trials. Paul says it himself in verse 6 (KJV), "For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth." Because he loves us, he gives us trials. The end to which these trials are the means is contained in the verse you shared; so, if we endure our trials with peace and love, God shall continue to shape us and make us holy, that we might see him.

Think of it as a refiner's fire. The heat is unbearable, but if we endure it well, it shall make us strong and unyielding to the temptations of the adversary.

The important thing to remember is that Christ still speaks to and purifies man through His holy power. Even if we are baptized, we still must seek out our salvation through strict adherence to the Laws and Statutes of God. As we do this, Christ will purify us through the refiner's fire and through His power. It's not an immediate process. Even Peter, an Apostle of the Lord, had to endure his refiner's fire before becoming the powerful witness capable of raising the dead and leading the ancient Church.

If we endure well and heed the voice of the living God, who chastens and shapes us, we shall live to see his face. Whether it will be in this life is a matter between us individually and Him. But it will most certainly occur in the next life.

I don't know if this was meant as a debate or an honest question; regardless, I gave it my best. There might be some holes in my argument. If so, I apologize.

Reactions: linda1978
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.