Banbury
✟24,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Let's assume it's the end of the world and Jesus has returned, in fact you have heard the fanfares and the trumpets over the hill in the next village, you know who it is over the hill it's Jesus. Will you run to see him or will you hope with all your heart that your not on the naughty list? I can imagine the pain of being rejected by Jesus as being like the loss of a loved one mixed with terror and despair. Would we know the answer just as we approached him? Would we dare look upon his face if we knew he was going to condemn us? Will all the sins of our past come up to haunt us and a dark terror come upon our souls? Will it be a firing squad or the hug of a father? Are you confident that Christ will welcome you?
Personally I'm not 100% confident I'm on the good list, but I'm not 100% sure I'm on the naughty list either. I'm not sure the scales are tipped in my favour if you see what I'm trying to say. Anyone a bit worried about their salvation?

jax5434

Nov 27, 2007
✟31,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Let's assume it's the end of the world and Jesus has returned, in fact you have heard the fanfares and the trumpets over the hill in the next village, you know who it is over the hill it's Jesus. Will you run to see him or will you hope with all your heart that your not on the naughty list? I can imagine the pain of being rejected by Jesus as being like the loss of a loved one mixed with terror and despair. Would we know the answer just as we approached him? Would we dare look upon his face if we knew he was going to condemn us? Will all the sins of our past come up to haunt us and a dark terror come upon our souls? Will it be a firing squad or the hug of a father? Are you confident that Christ will welcome you?
Personally I'm not 100% confident I'm on the good list, but I'm not 100% sure I'm on the naughty list either. I'm not sure the scales are tipped in my favour if you see what I'm trying to say. Anyone a bit worried about their salvation?

There are no scales. It is pass/fail only. I base my assurance on

Romans 10:9 9If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is LORD," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
I take God at his word and I make that declaration

God Bless
Jax

Upvote 0

Andrew4jesus

Apr 25, 2017
Banbury
✟24,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There are no scales. It is pass/fail only. I base my assurance on

Romans 10:9 9If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is LORD," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
I take God at his word and I make that declaration

God Bless
Jax
Here lies the problem for me. I have spoken his name and prayed to him many times. But if I'm totally honest I'm not one hundred percent sure I believe in God. I want more than anything for Jesus to be real and come and save us but I just find it hard to believe ?

Upvote 0

Stancet

May 20, 2016
Tennessee
✟22,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I used to be worried about my salvation, but now I'm confident Jesus saved me because of His grace and my faith in Him. I still stumble in areas, yes, but God has revealed Himself to me enough to convince me I will be caught up with the saints when the trumpet sounds.

Upvote 0

Andrew4jesus

Apr 25, 2017
Banbury
✟24,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I used to be worried about my salvation, but now I'm confident Jesus saved me because of His grace and my faith in Him. I still stumble in areas, yes, but God has revealed Himself to me enough to convince me I will be caught up with the saints when the trumpet sounds.
How has he revealed himself to you?

Upvote 0

gym_class_hero

Dec 31, 2016
state of grace
✟122,069.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
heres where I am Andrew...I believe God created the entire world...the oceans, the mountains, everything. If He can do that, He can make sure His word goes out in the manner He intended. Thusly I have to choose whether or not He is a liar and I rest on His word, not my feelings.

Upvote 0

Andrew4jesus

Apr 25, 2017
Banbury
✟24,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
heres where I am Andrew...I believe God created the entire world...the oceans, the mountains, everything. If He can do that, He can make sure His word goes out in the manner He intended. Thusly I have to choose whether or not He is a liar and I rest on His word, not my feelings.
I do believe god created the world or at least a great carver started the seed of life which is earth. But that is easy to imagine. But knowing if your are on the side of God is another matter all together

Upvote 0

gym_class_hero

Dec 31, 2016
state of grace
✟122,069.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do believe god created the world or at least a great carver started the seed of life which is earth. But that is easy to imagine. But knowing if your are on the side of God is another matter all together
maybe you would get a lot out of a book like More Than a Carpenter or The Case For Christ. These books give evidence for Him and once you are rock solid on your faith in Him its a smaller step to believe what the scriptures say about salvation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

1 John 5:13 ESV I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life.

John 5:24 ESV Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.

Friend, I do not think you understand the gospel message. We have no capability of doing any good at in and of ourselves. Heaven is not gained by weighing your good deeds against your bad deeds. Apart from the grace of God, you can do no good deeds. You are saved by the grace of God and not of your works.

Upvote 0

Andrew4jesus

Apr 25, 2017
Banbury
✟24,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
1 John 5:13 ESV I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life.

John 5:24 ESV Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.

Friend, I do not think you understand the gospel message. We have no capability of doing any good at in and of ourselves. Heaven is not gained by weighing your good deeds against your bad deeds. Apart from the grace of God, you can do no good deeds. You are saved by the grace of God and not of your works.
So I can do anything I want from this point on and I'm saved no matter what?

Upvote 0

Andrew4jesus

Apr 25, 2017
Banbury
✟24,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
maybe you would get a lot out of a book like More Than a Carpenter or The Case For Christ. These books give evidence for Him and once you are rock solid on your faith in Him its a smaller step to believe what the scriptures say about salvation.
lol I'm also struggling with my own life and can't seem to be more than a carpenter

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So I can do anything I want from this point on and I'm saved no matter what?

You know better and thank God for that. However, as you know, some people think just that, but Easy Way Highway vs the straight and narrow is a delusion, and if people don't shake themselves out of it, they are in for a big surprise.

Personally I'm not 100% confident I'm on the good list, but I'm not 100% sure I'm on the naughty list either. I'm not sure the scales are tipped in my favor if you see what I'm trying to say. Anyone a bit worried about their salvation?

You're on the right track, Andrew, and the only way not to worry or at least keep our concern to a minimum is to abide by the word of God. Just that simple. I personally feel the same as you, I strive to be better, and though I am fairly sure I'm OK, I never settle for that, there is always something I can get better at, and any one of us can fall back into sin, and lose their salvation in spite of what the OSAS'rs will claim.

This stage of our lives is a never ending battle, keep up the good fight.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Wrong.

1 Cor 6:9-10 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor homosexual offenders, nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And that is what some of you were.

Gal 5:19-21 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Eph 5:3-6 But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God’s holy people. Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving. For of this you can be sure: No sexually immoral, impure or greedy person—such a person is an idolater—has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God’s wrath comes on those who are disobedient. Therefore do not be partners with them.

Rev. 22:12-16 “Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End. “Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood. “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.”

Matt 25:41-46 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’ “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’ “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’ “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

And finally just a general warning from the Lord:

John 5:28-29 “Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned. By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Andrew4jesus

Apr 25, 2017
Banbury
✟24,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Wrong.

1 Cor 6:9-10 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor homosexual offenders, nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And that is what some of you were.

Gal 5:19-21 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Eph 5:3-6 But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God’s holy people. Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving. For of this you can be sure: No sexually immoral, impure or greedy person—such a person is an idolater—has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God’s wrath comes on those who are disobedient. Therefore do not be partners with them.

Rev. 22:12-16 “Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End. “Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood. “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.”

Matt 25:41-46 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’ “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’ “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’ “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

And finally just a general warning from the Lord:

John 5:28-29 “Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned. By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.
These are the bits that worry me lol. Jesus said if a man even thinks of adulterous thoughts then he is guilty? How can a man not think freely? If god knows our thoughts then I am condemned :-(

• Useful
Reactions: YouAreAwesome
Upvote 0

jax5434

Nov 27, 2007
✟31,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Here lies the problem for me. I have spoken his name and prayed to him many times. But if I'm totally honest I'm not one hundred percent sure I believe in God. I want more than anything for Jesus to be real and come and save us but I just find it hard to believe ?

Mark 9:24New International Version (NIV)
24 Immediately the boy’s father exclaimed, “I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief"
Many share your struggle. But never trust your feelings trust God's promises.
God Bless
Jax

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
These are the bits that worry me lol. Jesus said if a man even thinks of adulterous thoughts then he is guilty? How can a man not think freely? If god knows our thoughts then I am condemned :-(

That's are a biggy for many including myself and we just need to not do that. Easier said than done? absolutely, but I can tell you it's an absolute 100% fact thast I myself am much less guilty of that than I used to be. Practice, as with anything makes perfect, and though we may never reach "perfect" it can make a huge difference.

As to how it's done, what works best for me is to stop the thought immediately...don't dwell at all. Also, I ask for general forgiveness of sin everyday, as well as specific forgiveness if I feel it necessary.

Just keep trying and pray for help.

Upvote 0