Texas
✟224,710.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello. Poll included. You can vote multiple options.

I chose 100% certain. How about you?

The Bible makes a strong case for certainty. (Rom 14:5b) "Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind."

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The Bible makes a strong case for certainty. (Rom 14:5b) "Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind."
This verse doesn't support eternal security at all. There are many who think they are a "good Christian" and will go to heaven, simply based on their moral lifestyle. Look at Matt 7:21-23 and their appeal to Jesus for entering the kingdom: their works. What they DID. Nothing about believing what Jesus DID for them.

The best verse that supports eternal security is John 10:28, where Jesus said that recipients of eternal life shall never perish.

Previous to that, Jesus said that believers possess eternal life, in John 5:24 and 6:47. So, that means the very MOMENT one believes, they possess eternal life, and therefore, shall never perish.

Upvote 0

Stone-n-Steel

Supporter
Jul 29, 2018
Texas
✟224,710.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This verse doesn't support eternal security at all. There are many who think they are a "good Christian" and will go to heaven, simply based on their moral lifestyle. Look at Matt 7:21-23 and their appeal to Jesus for entering the kingdom: their works. What they DID. Nothing about believing what Jesus DID for them.

The best verse that supports eternal security is John 10:28, where Jesus said that recipients of eternal life shall never perish.

Previous to that, Jesus said that believers possess eternal life, in John 5:24 and 6:47. So, that means the very MOMENT one believes, they possess eternal life, and therefore, shall never perish.

I must have missed the point. I was referring to the concept of "certainty" as the Poll suggests.

How about Eph 1:12-14 which I interpret as saying we are sealed with the Holy Spirit until the day of our redemption.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I must have missed the point. I was referring to the concept of "certainty" as the Poll suggests.

How about Eph 1:12-14 which I interpret as saying we are sealed with the Holy Spirit until the day of our redemption.
Excellent verse on eternal security! :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Behold

Apr 5, 2020
Netanya
✟13,908.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The same Jesus who saved you, will keep you saved.

The blood of Jesus that saved you, will keep you saved

"""God who began your salvation in YOU, will Himself be faithful to complete it."""

"Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our Faith".

Salvation is something God provides.
Its all of God.
This is why its a "Gift" to be received.

"working" is not about Salvation, its about discipleship.
So, this follows salvation, but does not complete it.
The Completion of Salvation is Jesus.
He completed it, and we RECEIVE IT.

"working out your salvation" is to learn how to exist within what you have RECEIVED.
Its Learning how to function in perfect faith and understanding within the Kingdom of God.

Upvote 0